Completing Tax returns

  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

    I'm considering doing my own tax returns this year and found out  the forms are no longer available..i have to download them off the IRS site.
    After years of a CPA doing them i think I can complete my own this years since nothing significant has changed in a few years.
    anyone else a little hesitant to complete their own? hmm

  2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

    I have done my own for years and years.  Only one year did I have it done - we closed out a business, moved across country and pulled money from a 401 account that year and it was a little overwhelming.

    There are many on line services that will probably do it for free with an arrangement with the govt.  They will even efile it for you.  I've used this for the past couple of years with good results - I chose Freetaxusa dot com as it fit my circumstances best.  Just google around for free tax filing - eventually you will find a govt site that lists them all.  They have different requirements for free service, so read each one carefully.