Anyone want to come over for dinner tonight?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Dottie1 profile image63
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

Dinner will be served at 6:00 p.m. (EST) USA!
    I am cooking hubber rmr recipes:
    Olive Garden Copycat Recipe:  Pasta e Fagioli  and
    The last meatball recipe you will ever need that was put together to complement the pasta e fagioli
    RSVP please!

1. rmr profile image68
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's a big undertaking. Both recipes are pretty time consuming. I usually make them on different days. I'm glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for the mention!

2. SunSeven profile image59
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Happy Birth Day To You smile

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Happy Birthday!

4. guidebaba profile image58
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Happy Birth Day !

5. Bob Ewing profile image66
    Bob Ewingposted 15 years ago

sounds delicious, but it is a bit far too travel.

Dottie1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

put on your angel wings and fly over Bob.  I was hoping you could bring some fresh herbs from the garden.

1. Bob Ewing profile image66
        Bob Ewingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do have some basil and thyme,

perfect Bob, could you bring some of your pretty flowers for the table too?

certainly. the tiger lilies are in bloom

Thank you.  Dinners almost ready just waiting for Shirley and Marisue to fly in!

6. Dottie1 profile image63

It's my Birthday?  I always thought someone switched my birth certificate, I'm not this old?  Did you steal it at my birth?  How old am I anyways!  Well Happy Birthday to me.  I'll go out to the cake for dessert!  Sun Seven and Patty and guidebaba You are coming, right?

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

At least I am in EST today! smile

8. Dottie1 profile image63

It's a small world Patty.  You could be right down the street.  Can you smell any pasta e fagioli cooking?

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

You can Fed-Ex the leftovers to me smile

Fed-Ex here it comes.  I have roots in Canada so would be happy to do this for you!!!  Sorry you couldn't make it today!!  Maybe who knows another day.

Would you like me to Fed-Ex some of Rochelle Frank's super cran-walnut bran muffins that I made yesterday.  I made a double batch and YOU WILL LOVE THEM!

Got to get back to the heavenly scented kitchen. smile

10. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

I just sang Happy Birthday to you in the Beatles hub, but I'll sing it again:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DOTTIE
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you 30 today?  Or are you younger than me?

I may be a couple of minutes late for dinner, but I'll be there!  In fact, I'll bring the wine.  I have a very nice (read expensive) bottle of red sitting right here in front of me.

Hope you have the best birthday ever, Dottie!

Thanks Shirley, we're waiting for you and Marisue to fly in!  Can't wait!  It's after 6:00, ill keep ithe pasta e fagioli warm.  Can't wait for the (real expensive) wine!!!!!!  from OH  C A N A D A !  (Nat'l Anthem).

Just got back from the Beatles Hub.  Thanks Shirley for asking Compu-smart to cook the birthday cake.  I too hope he doesn't burn it.  If he does we will have to SHAZAM him!!!

1. compu-smart profile image86
          compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dottie, I know its NOT your birthday right!!?

I have never baked or cooked anything in my life! other than cooking classes at bootcamp! lol lol:lol

I would suggest someone else making the cake!!   

SHAZZAM to u2 smile

11. marisuewrites profile image59
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

Will You Pay My Way???   smile))

Certainly,  already payed for and booked just get your pretty little self to the airport.  Waiting for Shirley too.

12. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Happy Birthday, please remember to email me some leftovers lol .....jimmy

13. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I feel completely lost whether it is your birthday or not, but just in case - Happy Birthday!

And sorry, too little time left for me to get to your place, so I'm counting on leftovers, too wink

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Oh...and Happy Birthday smile

15. Bob Ewing profile image66

Somebody else preparing dinner, wow.

16. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I am in Eastern US anyway, so Ill be there.

17. Dottie1 profile image63

Gone to pick up Shirley and Marisue at the airport.  BRB

Finally back!  Got held up in the BIG DIG!~   Welcome everyone....CHEERS  and  CHOW

18. Bob Ewing profile image66

waiting.

19. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Happy Birthday! You can UPS the leftovers to me, and I will take out a bottle of wine and make a toast in your honor. smile

20. topstuff profile image58
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Oh great so many mouths full of water

21. Bob Ewing profile image66

This meal looks great, tucking in.

yeah and the tiger lilies are b e a u t i f u l.
      A feast for my eyes, a feast for my nose and a party in my mouth:-)

a perfect evening.

22. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Dinner was delicious and Dottie is the hostess with the mostest!

I second that.

23. Dottie1 profile image63

Thanks everyone.  I had a blast.  It was great meeting you all.   The birthday part was the right day but just the wrong month.   Close but no cigar!!!!   Leftovers have been packed on ice and fed-ex to Canada, Oregon, Scotland, McLean and the UK.  Enjoy!!!!  (And a big round of applause for rmr)

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dang! I missed it! Had a flat tire, on the way over.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
        Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

B.T. did you steal RMR's car again?

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
          B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Would I do a thing like that? Not when my political aspirations are coming to fruition. By the way, you never wrote that query letter hub. That's why I was forced to abandon my dream, and go into politics. Now the world knows who to blame for my takeover of the country!!!

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
            Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I had to leave all the quotes in because I never get it right when I try to pare them down...sorry.

B.T. - Two things.
            1.  I have not forgotten about your hub request, just haven't gotten there yet - SORRY!  sad
            2.  You're welcome for launching you into a highly publicized and life altering experience in the political arena. That being said, your comment is highly suspect....I thought I had read that you've changed your evil ways.  Are you Pinky or The Brain?

No droppings in the oval office!  That's what the litter box's for.

24. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

k

25. Rhyemba profile image60
    Rhyembaposted 15 years ago

Happy Birthday smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)