jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Getting Started

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I have to say I'm having a lot of fun at HP. I am learning. I stumbled posting 2 hubs yesterday, or was it the day before, I don't remember. I answered a question with an excerpt from a short story I wrote on depression, it was too long. The site suggested it be a hub - why not? Now, I realize how dumb - or was it. The second an intro of me but I posted at informal greetings. Again, not knowing - LOL. Then, exploring further I realized the main theme of hubbing - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Next, I finally peeked at the information pages. So, I am creating a plan of learning just how to do this, while learning from mentoring - your hubs. And, I am really not sure if this is where this should be posted, yet, alas I have. OH yeah, I do know the definition of blogging vs. a hub now.

Since, I am wandering about, absorbing all the wonder here, I'd like to ask "does anyone have a secret map?" Or, does anyone have some funny stories about getting started here on the path learning and more importantly writing, publishing, and earning too?

I'm going to dedicate an hour every morning (I hope) becoming more familiar. Reading I think is a big key. Well, I'm going to wander about some more.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good Luck to you---it's nice to see your taking the time to learn the ins and outs of HP! You'll be on your way to success before you know it!
      As for funny stories....I'll pass that to my fellow Hubbers-

1. tsmog profile image83
        tsmogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks PaulaHenry1 - enjoyed your article on antidepressants, will explore your hubs later too! I'm going start making a list, I think, and then just ponder before the next hub I write.

2. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is the "big secret" to success on this site that so many people gloss over or discredit.

1. tsmog profile image83

Hello, I use to work at the JC Penny auto center in Tukwilla 'bout 78-79. Seattle is a favorite place. Seems I use to got to a hang out called My Place? I thank you for your comment and I see the map starting to unfold. A quick gander of your Hub Page profile presents great information, which I will explore soon.

3. TheAmazingRudyman profile image58
      TheAmazingRudymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The best thing to do is watch what other people do. And also try your own things, see what works. Do what you enjoy, but also learn the steps to make it succeed.

We are all still learning here, as there is always something new to learn, good luck!

1. tsmog profile image83

Thanks good advice and good luck on your quest too!

4. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

1. tsmog profile image83

Thank you. Your avatar looks interesting. Reflects your writings? I will discover more in the future.

2. lakeerieartists profile image73
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.  Sounds like you are doing the right stuff.  The Learning Center is a great resource to look at too, not sure if that was what you meant by the learning pages. smile

1. tsmog profile image83

yup, but I was afraid to navigate away to find the name, then lose my thought (smile). I have two big quests now, so I plan to approach this one like a college class. My mentor, teachers, professors certainly will be hubbers (is that a word?) I will have to create a syllabus and salt it with patience. Thank you for your input

3. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP!

1. tsmog profile image83

Well, you got my attention. My late dad a career Marine, one of the Chosin Few of Korea days, was born at Rosebud, Texas. I look forward to reading and discussing poetry with you one time. I have a few spiral notebooks of them, just got to find them LOL. My first visit will be to the ones you dedicated. Have a Great Day Manlypoetryman.

1. manlypoetryman profile image70
        manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The "Frozen Chosin" literally had to keep their vehicles running 24/7 or they would have turned into a chunk of ice. The most famous retreat of "fighting in the opposite direction" ever! God Bless the "Frozen Chosin". Your Dad is one heck of a Marine!

I aslo have a dozen or so notebooks of some of my works lying around...that I wish I could find. I also hope we can discuss some of our works in the future. Poetry can be "manly"! OOORAH!

Look forward to talking with ya' some more...

working