jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Comment not editable?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image82
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

I've been commenting on various Hub articles.  Most of them will say "However, it may not appear until it has been approved by the author."  That is fine.  Even though it is still under moderation, I am still able to see my submitted comment and still edit them for the next five minutes (because I am logged in).  While other people will not see the comment until it is approved.  This is fine and this is what I expect and this is the way it should be.

However, I notice that on rare occasions, after making a comment as described above, I am not able to see or edit my comment.  It simply does not show up in the comment list.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

BlissfulWriter,
        When you are in edit mode on any hub, you will notice an edit button is also available for the comments capsule.  One of the options a hub author can select is for comments to not be visible until after moderation.  I am sure this is the situation you have run into.

It is not possible to know in advance whether or not any given author has checked this option.  If you are concerned that this might happen, leaving you unable to edit your comments, it would pay to spend a few moments proofreading your comments for typos and to be sure they say what you meant to say before hitting the 'submit' button.

Don't let that stop you from leaving comments--the majority of Hubbers appreciate hearing from their readers, and many will also reply back with a comment of their own, or at least a "thank you."

1. BlissfulWriter profile image82
        BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, that explains it.  Thanks.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

or maybe we can still see and edit our comments up to ten minutes more after we posted it even though the author opted for moderation.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so, prettydarkhorse.  The comments are set to be editable for 5 minutes; some authors don't get around to moderating for 24 hours or more...  sad

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand, what you said about taking time to edit it b4 submitting it is good!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It happens from time to time that the comment vanishes, no option to edit, because the author has specified that comments must be approved before they appear. It is an unpleasant surprise every time, no chance to correct errors.

working