jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Royal Wedding

1. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Just wondering if anyone was going to a Royal Wedding Party? Or was looking out for those that might be...

I went to a very British Royal Wedding party back in 1981 for Charles & Diana.  Have yet to come across someone doing it this time..

1. profile image58
      D Marieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not a follower of the lovely couple. My niece's wedding is "royal" enough for me!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Don't think we are having any in Canada. I may get up at 3am to watch it though...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

what time will it be? I have a cable what channel can I watch it? I have never attended one, but would love to.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Coverage starts on CTV at 3am Eastern time. I heard the wedding itself won't start until around 6am.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will wake up very early then. Thanks UW!

3. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Yaaawwwwnn 

Apparently, bookings for foreign trips are higher than normal with many Brits planning to be abroad so as to escape this tedious media circus concerning two uninteresting people who are totally irrelevant to our lives, except for the drain they place on our taxes.

A company in Cornwall tried to arrange a coach trip to London for the day itself, and had to cancel because they only got three bookings.

I will be under canvas in SW Wales for 4 days over that period, attending a geocaching event. No electricity, no TV, no radio, no hype, lots of caches to find and lots of fun - bliss!

working