Do you care about the royal wedding?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (41 posts)
  1. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Maybe it's because I'm from the US, but I just don't see the importance of royal weddings.

Do you care about the royal wedding that is coming up?

1. profile image0
      ariasnoteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I care, although I have never been to the UK.  I love to follow stories and events surrounding the late Princess and her boys.  It is fascinating to me, as it is not something we have here in the US. I guess you could say I would be one of those tourist who would want to tour the palace, see the prince's and enjoy hearing about the pomp and celebration on such a grand scale. : ) I think it will be quite beautiful myself.  I want Diana's boys to be happy!  They had a wonderful mother.

2. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To be honest - no.

Too much going on in my own life to consider what's happening in theirs. Maybe I'd be more interested if I lived in the UK. Besides, when you've seen one, you've seen them all.

3. amymarie_5 profile image65
      amymarie_5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't care less. The media thinks we should care. It's all they ever talk about.

4. twobmad profile image61
      twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I care because I am a reporter of a news paper in my own dialect!!!!

5. carolp profile image80
      carolpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not much...it is nice to hear they are happy and i am glad they are in there way of having their own family. If there is a chance to see the event without stress and hectic then i am glad to watch and feel the live event, but it is not a must.

2. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

43 minutes and no responses, I have a sneaking suspicion... haha

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Oh a couple of channels are covering all the hype here in the U.S re The Royal Wedding, and who doesnt like a wedding complete with all the bells and whistles....

For me personally ,Im looking forward to seeing one of Diana's boy's get married-how I wished she were alive to be part of it all.

I wish them both well smile and I hope they like the toaster I sent over (hehe)

4. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

Well I'm English and living in the US, so of course I think the Royal Wedding is very important - of course I do have a few ROyal Wedding hubs up and running LOL so I might just have a different reason for thinking them important than most.

Being serious - there are many that believe there shouldn't be a Royal Family in the UK, but they bring in so much tourism to the UK that it would be a shame to see it disappear. Royal Wedding fever will hit the US at some point I am sure!

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Um, I care that he'll be happy... howeverrr I don't care to an outrageous extent.

1. Tina Kachan profile image60
      Tina Kachanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Likewise smile I hope they have a better marriage then Diana and Charles had..

1. twobmad profile image61
        twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May I have such kind of wishes to my love life too? big_smile

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

I care enough to post on this thread I guess...lol  But, the short answer is not really.  Beyond hoping that the two of them have a beautiful, fruitful, and successful marriage like I would wish for any couple getting ready to tie the knot, it's not actually on my radar.  As to it's impact on the world in general?  Don't think there really is one.  They're a young couple about to do what lots of young couples do.  God bless them, and I wish them the best.

7. profile image58
    jokevindiposted 13 years ago

Well I am so excited. She is so beautiful and I can't wait to see it all happen. It just amazes me she will walk into a church a regular girl and walk out a real life princess.

8. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

Its what fairy tales are made of and that is why royal weddings will continue to be fascinating to watch, every little girl dreams of having a beautiful wedding and marrying a prince.

9. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Er, oh dear, here comes a sourpuss.

I am not a fan of the Royal Family.  Because no matter how hard you work you aren't going to get to be one.  So it's just who your parents were.

Seems the wrong message to be sending to kids.

So as far as the Wedding is concerned.  For me - big deal.  I have no interest in watching some born with a silver spoon in their mouth kid get married.

As for tourism.  Apparently Legoland gets more tourists than Buckingham Palace or whatever.  So we should have a plastic brick as our new, and more intelligent, figurehead.

I'll stop now.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Think on the bright side - It does distract from the increase in VAT, the loss of 300,000 jobs and the soon to be announced war in Libya/Tunisia/Some other North African country with oil and the bank CEOs getting paid vast sums of money out of your taxes to run the country's debts into the stratosphere.

Who can worry about this meaningless nonsense when the Royal Family is putting on a show for us? sad

I vote for the brick.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice one Mark.

In three years time.. brick marries another brick.. people celebrate.

tbh - I think the time has passed for this stuff.  I suspect more people were pleased by Charles and Camilla getting a paint splattered car than will be holding street parties.

We're revolting!

Do a blue brick and a green brick have cyan babies? lol

Let's hope the happy couple are blessed and we find out soon.  A Royal Birth!

For those who don't live in England it is hard to imagine quite what a Street Party is like.  Take the most flamboyant Brazilian carnival atmosphere and go to the absolute opposite end of the scale.

I had a day off school for the last spectacle. I cried when he muffed his lines in church.
              It is all garbage. I met Diana when she was 16 and she was pointed out as "the next queen of England."

They met magikally a few years later and it was all over the news papers as  a "chance meeting," and "love at first sight."

"Fairy Tale Romance," is the one that tugged my heart strings.

Gawd we are gullible. She never did learn to cope with the level of deception needed. sad

Here in the South of France there are plenty of wealthy Royalist ex-pats retired from raping the working class - so I expect to get to go to a good street party. lol

Well yes, there is the day off of course.  Can't say they do nuffink for us.  There's a good hubs worth of moaning in this, but I considered it and couldn't be bothered.

I'm still, despite myself, impressed that you met Diana.  Shoulda got in there Mark.  Next Queen and all that.

Sir Mark Knowles of Hubpages. Or maybe a Baron.

Fat chance. I was a lowly shop assistant. When I say "met," I mean "sold her a Sony Walkman." lol

Lol - excellent.

2. CMHypno profile image84
              CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean you don't like jelly, over stewed tea and fish paste sandwiches?

Look on the bright side - Bank Holiday, so no excuse not to go out and get completely trollied! Yaaay! smile

10. futurenetads profile image60
    futurenetadsposted 13 years ago

I don't care because I'm an Indian.

11. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I could care less....wink

12. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

I follow it somewhat.  I'll probably watch the highlights. Do I care?  Sure. It's news, and no different than the celebrity hype.

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I sat through the whole Charles/Diana wedding because I was home with my premie baby, so I was in a "tv-watching" phase at the time.  Sitting through one Royal wedding on TV is enough for one lifetime, as far as I'm concerned.  It was nice enough (needless to say), but I'm not stuck home with a baby these days.  Besides, between the whole thing with Diana (from then to her accident), and the whole things about Royal divorces and antics; I'm pretty "all Royaled out".  Of course, being from the US, I suppose I went in with only limited interest, back in 1981, anyway.  (Another difference is that I've got a wedding coming up for my own daughter, so maybe everyone and everything else, of course, pales in comparison. smile )

14. Adventure Colorad profile image78
    Adventure Coloradposted 13 years ago

Nope

15. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Absolutely! I am also in the U.S. and loved Princess Di. Who do you think our mother Country is? Watching her son it get married is really an  honor and blessing, but then again my natural father's family was from Wales and my grandmother's father was from England so I could be a little partial. big_smile

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I will def watch it. It brings back memory of a Welsh gentleman whom I have fond memories, but he is no longer here, that loving man who taught me how to love is resting in peace. Also, I like to watch one of lady D son get married.

17. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

As a staunch Republican, I agree with the Two Marks (HP's answer to the Two Ronnies big_smile)

Couldn't give a crap about a bunch of inbred buffoons - I can avoid the BBC for a couple of weeks, but I sadly suspect that Greek TV will also show the wedding. Phil the Racist is Greek, after all hmm

I am now proud to be a member of the Lego Brick for Head of State Movement

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Suf...
      Nice to see you!Man, you haven't changed a bit. Still young and handsome! lol
      You don't grace the forums much these days. Too busy, or too disinterested?

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi aka-dj - Likewise

The good thing about photos is that they don't age - I have less hair and more wrinkles since the avatar picture was taken!

I see that you are still an international man of mystery big_smile

Bit of both, really - trying to make a few dollars here and there, but I also find that the forums have declined over the past year or so. Too many people want to talk but not listen: there is no good debate to be had here - it is much more rewarding to have an argument with Kostas the Goat Herder in the local taverna.

How is life treating you? smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
          aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, getting bored with it.
          Same-ole, same-ole stuff going round and round in circles.
          I have become a grandfather, and due for a second time this september.
          Life's good.
          Meeting interesting people still. Wrote a heap more hubs lately. Got involved with an MLM co.
          Wish you well. Keep dropping by from time to time

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Lol - Two Ronnies, Republican version. Some nice lines in that post Sufi.

Mark and I should do one of those Two Ronnie songs - dress up in drag and prat about.

Or we can all watch the real thing next week.

I'll be glued to my TV.  It's the only way my wife can get me to watch it.

18. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

I don't much. I mean, good for them, and I hope they're happy and all, but I pretty much hope everyone's happy. I don't feel the need to make them any more important to me than any two random strangers.

19. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I don't care enough about it to tune in to the wedding on television or even read an entire article about it.  But, being a girly girl who enjoys looking at pretty dresses (I watch the red carpet parade before the awards shows), I'll be looking at photographs after the fact, just to enjoy the aesthetics of the spectacle.

20. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

Prince William & Kate Middleton's Honeymoon Plans Revealed!

Where will the royal newlyweds go for romance after their wedding

The Middle East of course!

This should be so romantic with a team of royal protection officers following them around. Not!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4932019_f248.jpg

21. profile image0
    Dandraposted 13 years ago

nope

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4970830_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)