The Royal Wedding........ Sealed with a kiss.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I watched every minute of it, and loved it.... Some rights were wronged from previous mistakes, and it was indeed a fairytale day.....  Two kisses aw i really enjoyed it, it was a true Handsome Prince, and beautiful Princess..... Great day for everybody involved....
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4985295.jpg

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was a marvellous spectical to watch, but I'm left with one question, Who's paying for everything?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about "everything", but news people made it a point to say that the bride's family kicked in quite a chunk.  I guess the idea was supposed to be to make things more like they are for "non-royal" people, when the bride's family (often) pays for all or most of it.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure it cost a lot, but didn't a lot of the money that was spent go to businesses and suppliers of the stuff they needed, therefore an economic boost for some? Plus the thousands of tourists who brought in more revenue for the population..plus, plus...think of all the the Will and Kate Pez dispensers they sold.
          Look at Merlin Frazier's take on this in his hub"Oh, There Was a Wedding Today?"
          http://hubpages.com/profile/Merlin+Fraser

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They looked fantastic and I couldnt help but think of Diana and how proud she must be of William,indeed both of her sons.

Aww magical ,just magical smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure those sentiments were held by many. I choked up a few times, especially when the two sons walked in together to the place that holds Diana's memories.

Let's hope this marriage will go the distance. They look so perfect together. I hope the paparazzi respect the boundaries that have been put in place!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Oh I couldn't agree wtih you more (re paparazzi).

RebekaElle I didnt see the wedding in its entirety and missed that part you spoke about..aww..
          When did they do that part and maybe I can search for it.
          Thanks.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I watched the NBC recording which covered extensive before and after activities. William and Harry entered the Abbey together after their arrival and it just touched me to see them grown up, so gracious and looking so amazing in their official uniforms. I thought of how much Diana loved her sons and how proud she would be.

Maybe you can find the recording on the NBC website?

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I didn't plan to watch it, but I got up right at 4:00 a.m. on the dot, so I put on the TV.  For two hours they were pretty much showing parts of Charles' and Diana's wedding, which (particularly because it was still dark out) I wasn't in the mood for.  (Looking back over thirty years isn't necessarily the cheeriest thing sometimes.)  Anyway, I turned off the Charles/Diana portion, but at 6:00 I figured I may as well put the real matter at hand on.

I thought it was nice.  They looked nice.  The whole thing was "all nice".  In an world with with so much unpleasantness on the news (and everywhere else), I'll admit it was pleasant to watch something happy going on.  I turned it off toward the end of their carriage ride.  (There's only so much watching-the-same-two-people-in-the-same-two-outfits that I have patience for.  smile  )

3. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 12 years ago

I didn't watch it. I don't have a television at the moment and my broadband isn't good enough for any streaming TV.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

i saw the lot and it was good.
    blow the cost, at least it wasnt spent propping up people too lazy to get a job

5. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

He didn't watch my wedding so I'm not watching his.

roll

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMFAO  lol

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

We recorded and are still watching it. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding. Princess Di would have been so proud. The hats the some of the women were wearing were beautiful. There was a humorous side when they explained that many would come to the wedding in Motor Coaches and they were not to call them buses. I enjoyed a laugh with that one. smile

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

No joking but I feel like an idiot having no interest at all, I mean not one second have I read or watched about the event

I know lame huh hmm:

oh well

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good for you. I admit I only watched a bit so I understood what my new gf would be going on about at dinner Friday night!

lol wise move

Just reminded me of when I watched some American football ,so I could understand why the heck all those Americans were cheering about ,hehe.

P.S Now I know! who the Steelers are  smile

8. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image63
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 12 years ago

Seriously, our government is so much in debt as it is and it is obviously the British tax payer (me, and so many others) that are funding this near-50 million extravaganza. Sure, it was pretty, but at what cost to an already billion plus in debt country?

They picked the best time to have their day......... OH well, at least they're happy.

9. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

you know what, two billion people around the world watched it, if they all paid one penny the whole thing would be paid for.  The amount of money brought into the country because of tourism also.  Now they cant go on honey moon as he has to work, they both work, England is looking up.....

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was a great spectacle for those two billion as well and for once showed Briatin in a positive light

10. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Absolutely.......Every girls dream to marry a handsome Prince.... That guy has everything, surely he is his mothers son....

I loved the passage of scripture they read also........

some lovely expressions, like rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those that weep, also, as far as it depends upon you be peaceable with all men.

Shame they got so excited about the fighter planes, and were in military uniform, but ah history is history...... Living in Ireland, and hearing how much the Irish hate the English, on a daily basis, i was surprised he had the Irish Uniform on...... I do not think people living in England realise the hatred Irish have for everything English.   Pity as English people on the whole love everything Irish.  Time to lay Oliver Cromwell to rest.  The Queen is visiting Ireland shortly..........

11. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

another lovely picture for you......
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4994309_f248.jpg

cant get this wedding out of my mind.... must have a sad life he he

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I watched the royal wedding and thought it was absolutely beautiful. You could see how comfortable William and Kate were with each other and how much in love they are. The only thing I found really annoying was the media's constant blabbering about Kate's dress and the comparisons to Grace Kelly's.  Please, this day had absolutely nothing to do with Grace Kelly and the dresses didn't look anything alike except for the lace sleves which are quite common in wedding dresses.  This was Kate and William's day, not Grace Kelly's or Charles and Diana's.  Kate is a beautiful, intelligent young woman in her own right, she should not be compared to the shy, naive Diana, nor should she be called "a young Grace Kelly."

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure where you live, but I did not hear Grace Kelly mentioned once in the version of the wedding i watched.  she had Di's wedding ring, the queens tiara.....  but she is a different generation than Di.  William however blushed like his mum after the kiss.... aw bless him.

13. jessicab profile image60
    jessicabposted 12 years ago

Most beautiful wedding and wonderful chariots.

14. Trish_M profile image80
    Trish_Mposted 12 years ago

Grace Kelly wasn't mentioned in anything that I heard, but Kate's dress was very much like my Mum's smile

15. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

i followed your link, and then went into lots of royal stories..... enjoyed seeing Prince Charles' gardening...... ah the Royals, i would not like their life would you?????

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Ok im jumping the gun ,but any guesses for future babes?

My guess is twins ,lol first royal twins ,and the girl will be named Diana smile or maybe Katyiana

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope they don't name the child Diana, that would be awful for her to have to live up to. Jackie Kennedy said if she had known what would have happened to her husband she would not have named her son John Jr.

Well Diana was worth looking up too, she pioneered the way for the rest of the Royal females in many ways.
        I think it would be a fantastic honor.

On the other hand I remember when Beatrice was born and named , I cringed...thought ,poor kid with such and old name like that. roll

17. TattooVirgin profile image59
    TattooVirginposted 12 years ago

I thought the whole deal was fantastic, in good taste and a moment to cherish

18. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

i think they will produce a boy first, no idea of name, but something exoctic.

Yes Joy, I like your thinking (romantics arn't we) lol

Exotic?..oooaaa

1. Joy56 profile image68
        Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

hopelessly romantic.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)