jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

One minute on 1st Page, next minute pooof! gone?

1. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Earlier on today my website was ranked on the first page of Google for a high traffic keyword, it had taken a few weeks/months to get there but I added a blogroll and changed a Adsense ad a couple of hours ago and now I can't see my site listed at all? is this because I altered it slightly?

1. R-J-T profile image60
      R-J-Tposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There could be many reasons for this.

1. Google dance
      2. When you say blogroll do you mean you got one from another site or added one to yours?
      3. Sandbox

There are many more reasons as-well.

But the best answer is to keep adding content and backlinks and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

2. Richieb799 profile image61

I don't like this Google Dance lol

I added my own links as a Blog Roll

whats a sandbox?

I did add one low ranking site of my own to the blog roll but surely this would justify me not appearing at all after being on the first and second pages for so long

I hoping its just a glitch and returns by tomorrow

3. Richieb799 profile image61

removed blogroll and now I'm back on 1st page, no need for alarm lol

4. R-J-T profile image60
    R-J-Tposted 6 years ago

Im glad your back on page 1.

A sandbox is something that google denies exists but most webmasters know it most likely does. Anyway its basically when a new site loses its rankings and no matter what is done the rankings do not improve. If found in this situation there are two options. Carry on building links and adding content and hope it gets out of the sandbox quickly, or move on to another project and let it come out on its own over time.

Or a way to avoid it all-together is to buy an old domain name and you should be fine.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but its getting late now. Hope it helps a bit tho.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So that is where I've been since the beginning of time!!! lol

working