jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Capsule Upgrade Tools

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hi!
      I think the new additions to the capsules are a great idea!  Can't wait to try them out!

I have a suggestion for what might be another useful tool, if such a thing is possible.

I also blog, and as blogs contain more "purely personal" entries, I sometimes put an link to one of my related Hub Pages articles. (Outbound from blog; inbound to HP.)

However, as brevity is not my strong suit, (I have no problem hitting a 400-word minimum! wink ), it would be super deluxe if there was some way to have a link to to a specific capsule within the article, in case folks wanted only to reference the particular relevant bit.

Naturally, once on HP, they probably would read the rest of the article anyway, but many people nowadays are impatient, and don't want to read an entire article to find one snippet of information.

Just a thought....hope it is possible, and that others might find this desirable as well.

Cheers!

2. lrohner profile image81
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You actually can do that now, although it's a bit convoluted. Here's a hub on it from Darkside:  http://hubpages.com/hub/tableofcontents

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, cool!  Thank you so much!

3. sunforged profile image76
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

if you are using chrome or opera , you can just "inspect element" and get the mod/div id

With firefox and the web developer or firebug add-on you can do the same

one of the above prob works with IE, but why bother

I avoid Firefox--it causes me too many problems.  Chrome is not a lot better. IE is my preferred and default browser.  wink

1. sunforged profile image76
        sunforgedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

ok - so you use chrome

click inspect element (right click) on what ever module you want to link to.

read DS hub for info on format of link - but inspect element is far faster for getting the mod/div id then scanning source code

no, I don't use Chrome.. I use IE 8.  Chrome is merely one of my 2 alternates, (Chrome & Firefox) neither of which impresses me much.

working