jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Can I turn off AdSense and keep HubPages Ads only?

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 6 years ago

The HubPages ads pay more than I'm making on Google AdSense. Is there a way for me to turn off AdSense so I can give all my impressions to the HubPages ad program?

Thanks
    Jacob

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

No. What happens is that if an AdSense ad for that particular hub at that particular time is the most profitable, then it will show instead of the other ads. That's why an AdSense account is required to use HP Ads.

At least I think that's how it works. smile

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Irohner, you are absolutely right about that! The reason you need an AdSense account for HP Ads is because HP Ads may show (and probably will) AdSense ads.

One other thing to note is your direct AdSense earnings may drop once you're enrolled in the HubPages Ad Program. This is because only 1 AdSense ad unit will be running directly (all other AdSense ads you see will be served by the Program). Before you opted into the Program, you were running 3 AdSense ad units and 2 AdSense link units directly.

By "directly" -- I mean whether AdSense shows the ad or whether HP Ads shows the ad. If AdSense shows the ad, you get paid by Google AdSense. If HP Ads shows the ad, you get paid by HubPages.

Once you enroll in HP ads, although you may see the same number of AdSense ads as you did before, they are not all necessarily shown by AdSense directly. In fact, only one is!

1. anujagarwal profile image67
        anujagarwalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One thing I would like to know, when HP Ads show AdSense ads, do HP pays the same CPC as received from AdSense or HP cuts some percentage?

1. sofs profile image86
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have all the information here
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

2. Charlu profile image85
        Charluposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marina  I have learned something new today that is very useful. Thanks again for explaining and now I understand why I am doing better with HP

3. mdlawyer profile image57
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

But sometimes I felt the Hubpages Adprogram caused a decline in AdSense income and hence for the past couple of weeks I have disabled Hubpages Adprogram and I find AdSense income better now. May be it is my experience only.

1. anujagarwal profile image67
      anujagarwalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm also experiencing decline in AdSense income. CTR fell down horribly to less than half than before. Well, I have still not checked disabling HP Ads.

4. skear profile image90
    skearposted 6 years ago

I also wish we could run only HubPages Ads, they have been doing much better than Adsense for me to. 

Maybe someday that will be possible.

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
      Glamorously Jacobposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah me too!

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'm making twice as much with HP ads than with adsense - not that it's a huge amt anyway

5. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 6 years ago

Thanks Irohner

6. mdlawyer profile image57
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

People have different experiences with Adprogram.

working