jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

How about Using Website Url as Signature

1. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 9 years ago

I think it will be a good idea if Hub Pages Allow every one to use their Website Url as Signature.

Almost all Forums allow this feature,even Adsense Help Groups Allow a Single Url to be used as Signature.

If this is allowed, User contribution and Forum activity will increase to a high Percentage.

Can we expect any such move from Hub Pages.

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Hubpages doesn't like SPAM.  Most of the people who currently try and cheat the system and insert their own links find their links snipped by Maddie anyway.

3. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

I like it as it is now.

Spam will definitely increase, meaningful posts probably not.

4. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 9 years ago

My subjective point of view.
    Including URL in Hubpages forums may drive traffic, but in terms of CTR and monetization, this traffic would be of little importance. Easy ways to drive visitors aren't always most profitable. Moreover, huge traffic from Hubpages can decrease the overall CTR of AdSense account, which may end in smartpricing or whatever 'punishment'.
    Forum suits best for communication and knowledge share, imho.

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

No signatures in the forums. You can have it elsewhere. This is strictly a members area for learning from each other. I vote against it. smile(I guess Ryan is happy now for intro-ing the polls:D )
    (That''s what your profile is for)

6. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I vote against it also. At the moment, if your hubber score is sufficiently high, links you leave in the forum are dofollow.

I suspect hubpages would be forced to change that if signatures were allowed.

Also, it would devalue the current ones.

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 9 years ago in reply to this

LOL! We can use a thousand sigs at the forums big_smile

7. profile image0

I Just mentioned it as it was the common practice in most forums.

O.k if you guys don't need it.....I also don't need it. We can Leave it

1. patnamohan profile image61
      patnamohanposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Given your suggestion so easily!!!!!! lol

1. Misha profile image73
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Don't see what is wrong or funny with this. Shinu made a suggestion, saw it was not supported by other community members for valid reasons, and gave it up. This is how mature people behave.

Sometimes people should laugh without any reason!!!! Laughing is good medicine for good health and wealth.  lol

1. profile image0
            shinujohn2008posted 9 years ago in reply to this

Misha Thanks for being here with your Opinions and Support.

Misha we can forgive Patna Mohan for the time being as he is a small boy

smile smile smile smile smile

All people get fooled seeing my face....but behind this face there is dangerous Man!!!!! lol

anyway, Thank You Very Much!!!!! At least my face has power to do lol lol lol

1. weblog profile image50
                weblogposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It's OK if you are trying to be funny! But, it's childish if you think we get fooled on seeing your profile image and do believe you are a Kid tongue

wink

8. profile image0

Oh dear I dont have the Will Power and Strength to see that powerful Man.........

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

9. guidebaba profile image54
    guidebabaposted 9 years ago

My Vote goes against SIGNATURES.

I would definitely like to meet the so called Dangerous Man. lol

10. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I use sigs at other forums. I have nothing against them.

But I can handle and even enjoy that the Hub Forum has no sigs. I have seen them abused elsewhere, and given the fact that some people have even gone as far as creating fake sigs on their posts (specifically the brand new ones that just do a hit and run) I'd like to see the "no sig" stance continue.

11. gjcody profile image81
    gjcodyposted 9 years ago

I can see the necessity of the no sigs.  I just enjoy the hub community and think it is just a great place to get to know people and their interesting articles.

12. patnamohan profile image61
    patnamohanposted 9 years ago

Here !! we should simply enjoy!!!

working