jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

RSS feeds, Panda, and quality of backlinks

1. doban profile image60
    dobanposted 6 years ago

I am just starting to use RSS feeds for the first time, after having read everything I can about them. I am worried though that I could wind up with some bad backlinks. Given the Panda updates, are RSS feeds still worth it or can they backfire?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean creating an RSS feed of your Hubs and putting that feed on another site?

1. doban profile image60
        dobanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am talking about submitting an RSS feed URL for my hubs to an RSS feed submission site.  If I understand what I have read (obviously my master's degree did not really adequately prepare me for learning about RSS feeds, ha!) I would submit the RSS feed URL to the submission site where it would be sent to ??? sites in a particular category. Is that right?  If so, could I wind up with backlinks that hurt as much as help.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
          Jason Menayanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would not submit links to your Hubs to any service that distributes them in an automated fashion. They could end up being flagged as spam and hurt you and all of HubPages.

I recommend reading this Learning Center entry on backlinking if that is what you're after:
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/a-gu … acklinking

working