jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)

How to Crawl a post

1. rachel.A profile image58
    rachel.Aposted 6 years ago

I submit new Hub on last Tuesday it`s a unique article. i did`t submit it any were else, but google did not Crawl my post yet, search engines do crawl HubPages regularly, but why it did not come to my post?

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, the contents of 7 of your 8 hubs are present in multiple copies all over the Net, so if you are referring to one of those, it is probably being ignored as duplicate content.

Don't worry, I've flagged all 7 of the duplicate hubs so they won't be around for much longer.

rachel.Aposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes i  know my 7 hubs are duplicate  but i am just talking last HUB it is unique article!! why google did not Crawl it yet ?

If you know your hubs are duplicate, why not remove them? By leaving them here, you are contributing to the loss of good search engine placements being suffered by many hubbers!

I delete my duplicate HUB smile any thing else you want me to do ?.. but tell me when my post will Crawl sad

2. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are talking about your last remaining hub about engagements rings, it has been indexed by Google.

i look it say
            Your search - cache:http://hubpages.com/hub/Shop-for-Engagement-Rings-at-Discount-Online-Stores - did not match any documents.
            google Crawl mean that it will give some boost to my keyword
            and i need that smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

I just took a small section of your hub, highlighted and right clicked on it, and (in Chrome) chose the 'search Google' option, and your hub came up first in the results. Also noticed that no-one else had used the exact same phrase so at least that phrase in your hub is unique. It is indexed.

There's me copying/pasting all the time because I never knew Chrome could do that!

Still need to put in the quotation marks to search on the phrase, but it's a step forward.

Thanks Izzy smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

Someone else pointed out this excellent feature of Chrome just recently - glad to pass it on smile

2. IzzyM profile image88

It's actually a good idea (in my opinion) to leave it without quotes, because that way you can find substantially similar text which is good way to find spinners.

Spinners are glaringly obvious from the sentence structure and peculiar vocabulary. I usually just scan suspect spin to find a particularly idiotic phrase/sentence, which I highlight. I don't bother to look for the source it's been spun from.

2. rachel.A profile image58

Plz can you explain about how you check my post on Chrome

1. IzzyM profile image88

I just wrote detailed instructions on how to do it, on that post you just replied to. Am I missing something here?

i search about it and my HUB show in search but google cache did not show the date and the time for Crawl .

2. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think, may be tomorroe  smile

2. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Is your user name an anagram?

Rachel Angel
      rachel.A is my user name

3. HSanAlim profile image50
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

Other than doing a Google search is there any other way to make sure a hub has been crawled/indexed?

4. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 6 years ago

After clicking on "cache," I see "as it appeared on May 11, 2011 07:27:52 GMT."

Thanks so much Izzy for the right-click tip, and WA for calling attention to it!

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Of course with Google page results being messed up, maybe the #1 result for that search is also spun and it really is parallax hurdle? Didn't bother checking further to see.

working