jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Wow, just watched a funnel cloud pass overhead!

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

A tornado was issues a while back. I was keeping up with the radar by Facebook since you lose satellite TV when its cloudy!

It was both worrisome and exciting to look up and see the tight spinning circle overhead and the clouds dip and go up and dip again as it passed over. it was an obvious tornado, but never did make it all the way to the ground.
    The warning in now 10 miles N.E. of here.

Video on phone didn't work! I was trying to get it to video this event.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I thought you were supposed to hide when you see one of those.

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are! It was in the sky, guess the excitement took over. It was captured in the moment. Not the wisest choice I know, but...when the rain did start, I went back inside. The funnel has passed over by then though.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Glad to hear it passed you by, but I'm sure it was an amazing sight.

It was! I wish I had gotten it on video. Would have YouTubed it for sure. I have seen videos on TV and DVD's, but not this vivid!
          I mean, it was just right there above me as I was looking up at it.  The tight circle spiraling with the clouds around it; some going up and some shooting down while spinning.
          Made me think of an "eye-of-a-storm" image.

1. Aficionada profile image91
            Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really incredible!!  I'm glad you got to see it... glad you are okay!

Thanks. It is definitely a sight I will never forget.

2. Michael Willis profile image78

I definitely could have used a video phone or camera today. This type of video could have gone viral on Youtube and the local news. And of course I would have written a hub if I had the images and/or video.

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
              Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Waterspouts are really cool to watch as they shimmer with water rather than dust and debris.  I've witnessed 3 at one time during a thunderstorm off Florida's east coast.  They last a long time too.  I've only witnessed 1 tornado which actually touched down.  That was enough!

3. Hovalis profile image86
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

How scary and exciting at the same time! I'm glad it passed over you and you and yours are all in one piece still. Now you have something to tell your grandchildren. :-)

4. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Just found this local TV report that a tornado did cause minor damage near where I live. No reports of any injuries.

I knew what I saw was a tornado forming above me.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/E … px?rss=315

working