jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How come duplicate content

1. davidmonk profile image60
    davidmonkposted 6 years ago

I have just submitted my first hubpage. I think it is my first as I could not find evidence of signing up and submitting anything with Hubpages.  I have written an article and added photos and my hubpage is pylavillageresort.

After submitting I have received a report that my page has duplicate content. I have posted similar articles on other sites but not as far as I know on Hubpages.  I have conucted a search on the word Pyla and find two matching sites with the word Pyla. One is about Pyla Dune in France and the other is about the port city of Pylas.

So from my search results I fail to see how it is claimed my submission is duplicate information already on Hubpages. Can anyone throw some light on this?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Duplicate means it was posted anywhere on the Internet, not just Hubpages. Maybe what you posted was too similar to your other articles.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Hubpages requires original content, not otherwise available online.

3. davidmonk profile image60
    davidmonkposted 6 years ago

Ok thanks for your replies. This article was written directly without any reading of my other articles though I suppose going from memory, my memory was too close to the original.

I first wrote an article that is on Ezine articles. When doing a search on the internet some time ago for other references to Pyla, it surprised me to find how many had taken my article and incorporated it into their own websites; sometimes not acknowledging the source of the article.

I do not want to spin the article but there is only so much I can say without repeating myself.  Looks like with Google clamping down on other sites, the major article directories will be viing to get first publication of articles as no duplication between Ezine articles and HubPages for example will be allowed.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

David, that's the purpose of EzineArticles.  It's designed as a source of articles for webmasters to use on their sites.  They are supposed to credit you, but EzineArticles doesn't police that, so it's widely abused.

The only reason to write on EzineArticles is if you have a product or site to promote, so you want lots of copies of your promotional article spread around the net.   Otherwise, since you don't get paid, I fail to see the point of using the site.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They already do.  HubPages is not the only revenue-sharing site that insists on original content.   

Do note there's a difference between duplicate and plagiarised - HubPages doesn't allow you to post a copy of an existing article, even if the original was written by you. 

However, I'm surprised you got a duplicate filter even though it's not a straight copy.  Maybe you started the article with the same few sentences?  That would be enough.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Are you sure you didn't work from a shared draft?  Generally paraphrasing from memory is enough.

working