Hubbing

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. ibber55 profile image60
    ibber55posted 12 years ago

Hi! Hubbing is great, plus writing and reading can be equally rewarding. Will you ever incorporate an arrow for the first page, and an arrow for the last page. With so many hubs, writers, and topics, it would be great to have a box to place a page number in, so you can be brought to a specific page. For example, I'd like to read more 52's or 78's. It's hubbing made easier. A change in software would be required, but in the long run it could pay off. Thanks for your help. Any suggestions? Ibber55

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

??? You want to read 52's?  What is a 52? 

An arrow for the first page?  The first page of what?  The first hub ever written?

I'm lost as to what you refer to.  Understand that each and every hub is a complete, stand-alone article.  While a few hubbers have written a series of hubs on one subject that, hopefully, visitors will navigate through the whole series each hub is still a stand-alone article and series such as this are fairly rare anyway.

A little more information, please.  It sounds like you are looking for something that doesn't exist and won't as it makes no sense on HubPages.

ibber55posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank God our numbers are arbitrary, because you got a 95, and I can't see how. Joining in, and hubbing, is often suggested on the site. The pages start off with people in the 100's and proceed to the lowest numbers. It seems you're just being a jerk. If you dont know what a 52 or a 78, as an example, then you don't get. Maybe you're ignorant. The Hubbers button is presented at the top of the home page. You haven't really caught on very well have you. If you did your homework you would know what I meant. Examples are hardly ever included in the thesis. None of my articles stand alone. If that were true, I'd be showing one single hub on my profile page.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I must be a jerk too because I didn't understand your original question either. You never mentioned the hubbers button in it, did you?
          Even then, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Each to his own I suppose.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
            Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even with some of the stuff that's been known to go on on the forums, here, this thread got rude particularly quickly.  roll  (Not particularly the most gracious way to "join in"   smile  )

2. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ibber55, you've been here 7 weeks.

Many of the people in this thread have been here over a year and have made hundreds or thousands of dollars from this site. And most of them are aware that hub and author scores are close to meaningless when it comes to earning money or getting serious traffic.

Plus it would be silly to be able to see all the hubs that have scores of 55. Why? Because I have hubs that are a year old and still range anywhere from 75-95 in just a 48 hour period. Just because a hub has that score now doesn't mean it will tomorrow.

There are many people who don't interact with the site in any way but still earn plenty of cash. It's not mandatory to participate on the site.

2. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

People can find all your hubs on your profile page if they click on more.. Yes, but as you say it may be helpful to be able to go to a particular hub.. But may be groups or categories can be mentioned and the reader can click on them to read more hubs easily especially when a hubber has too many hubs to browse through.
    May be you should post the suggestion on the report a problem or suggest a new feature..that would be helpful I guess .

ibber55posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you pressed the Hubbers button to read, and follow other people. I may be new, but I've seen the suggestion to press the Hubbers button several times in order to help out. It starts at 100 and goes numerically down the line all the way to the lowest number.  Id like to pick a page, not a profile. There are 210,000 people. Thanks for your response.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

There is a forum specifically for suggesting new features. I will request that the moderators move this discussion there.

http://hubpages.com/forum/4

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We good idea but actually I agree with ibber55 and think it is  a very good idea that i would use

4. profile image0

The OP is an educated man, apparently. Seems chemistry between himself and Wilderness, who is also an educated man to say the least, wasn't conducive to graceful interaction.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chemistry has no place on the forums unless the subject is under discussion. The OP was extremely rude to Wilderness for absolutely no good reason.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, I don't think I ever got back to you on those emails you sent me. I saw them and liked them very much. Thank you for that, and sorry for not replying. I am a mess! smile

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was my sense that the OP may have felt he was being patronized by Wilderness, which may have caused the OP's strong reaction. I am not defending that, but am entitled to my interpretation.

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Agreed that it may not have been justified, but that perhaps that was the reason for his reaction.

But, I am right there with some others:  to me it was very difficult to understand what the OP meant, and that can serve as a reminder to us all to reread our own posts - maybe even several times - before hitting "Submit."

The more recent posts have helped to clarify his wishes somewhat.  I too would sometimes like to find quicker ways to scroll through the various pages listing names of Hubbers.  I'm not certain that I understand the advantage of looking at Hubbers with certain scores, but if that's a wish, then maybe someone else knows a shortcut for doing so.

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

The problem of "different wavelengths" happens everywhere, and regardless of anyone's education level (especially on forums). (Which is why it's always good not to take things too personally on here and just move on.  smile   (After one has put in his hard-to-resist "two-cents' worth", of course.   smile  )

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point!

Poor ibber55 - (I'm truly not meaning to sound patronizing!) - but, what an introduction to the HP forums!  Three posts, all here.  They started as a suggestion or question, and then a response that was meant as a request for more information was taken as an attack.

Fellow Hubber, please don't take all of this amiss!  It can be difficult to get your point across in a thread, especially when new to the process.  I hope your Hubbing experience overall is good enough for you to return to the forums and get to know the people here a lot better.  They're really all Good Sorts - at least, all who have posted in this thread so far are.  smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Until this post, of course!  lol

7. profile image0

I have had very similar experiences as what is happening to Wilderness here. I went out of my way to give pointed advice, only to be seen as someone who was arrogant and uncaring. Those are the days when posting to the "help" forum seems like a thankless task.

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So true!!!!!!!

It can be kind of weird to see how good people -- Randy Godwin excluded, of course lol -- can misunderstand one another.

Maybe it has to do with the time differences between Hubbers around the world, or the time of the month (sorry, to the squeamish), or the cucumbers or alfalfa sprouts we just ate, or our own expectations - or something we learned or mis-learned in school fifty years ago.

Oh well.

I think I saw the conversation you mean, WE.  I've had one of my own - maybe even several of my own - recently.

Time for RG to hijack this thread and turn it into a snakepit! sssssssssssssssssssss...........

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Too hot to hijack, Afi!  smile  Had a storm last night, no rain we need so bad, but our electrical power went off at 8:30 pm and didn't come back on until 2:30 am. 

Imagine trying to sleep out by the pool in a lounge chair with the temperature never getting below 85 and mosquitoes singing little lullabies in your ears.  At least it was a cool 95 or so today instead of 103 like yesterday.  lol

sssssizzledsnake

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

The irony is that this site is populated by - who else - writers, and yet there are so often communications problems.   roll

Somebody tries to be helpful, and someone else comes back and says they're too stupid to figure out what the answer was supposed to be. 

Sometimes asks for information.  Somebody else has it and shares it, and someone else says the person who was trying to be helpful has some other, less "friendly", motives.   

Somebody says, "glad to see you", and somebody else tries to pick a fight.   lol

One of my personal favorites, somebody makes a little joke and somebody else doesn't get it - and a big, giant, fight ensues.  lol

Ah..  forums.  They sure do bring out "the best" in people, don't they..   lol  Oh well, I don't care.  I don't have my air conditioners in yet, and it's too freaking hot to do anything much but "nothing" on the forums.   smile  (A few people around here really could lighten up a little, though.   smile  ).

9. My Stories profile image61
    My Storiesposted 12 years ago

Hi!

I'm new here.  There is so much to learn.  I think what you are saying is when you are searching hubbers you have to click on the next number and the next. You want to be able to type in a page number and make it easier because there are so many hubbers.  Am I right?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

EX-actly... though I'm not sure why someone feels the need to do this.
      It's nice to see a new person come in who understands how (at least some ) things work.You have made me want to look at your profile.

10. JIN1128 profile image89
    JIN1128posted 12 years ago

wow, people here have really high hubscores.  that seems very hard, mostly in the 90's.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)