jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Hubs that made you cry

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image79
    Spirit Whispererposted 6 years ago

There have been a number of hubs that touched me so much that I was moved to tears. It is not something that often happens and I am not a person to cry at the drop of a hat. The story has got to be pretty special to make me cry.

Terry.Hirneisen wrote a very special story about his dog General that made me cry.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Friend-General

Please leave a link to a hub that made you cry.

1. bellawritter23 profile image80
      bellawritter23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubber is: Eiddwen

and this is the hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/REACH-UP-AND-OUT-OF-DARKNESS

Spirit Whispererposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I see what you mean.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can't say I have read any hubs that have made me cry although in the early days before I got some much needed help, I used to re-read my hubs and really felt like crying.lol

What do you mean when you say "much needed help"? Did you check into rehab?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85

No I sought out helpful advice from other hubbers, it takes time to get things right, from where you start to earn some money which was my main reason for writing.
          My motivation has always been good, except for the past couple of months since Panda. But I have still been doing some work towards future projects.

Hi Brian I hope you were not offended by my flippant remark I was just joking.
            Though I did initially join HubPages with the idea to promote my private practice that is definitely not my prime motivation any more. I don't see anything wrong with trying to make money as a writer but I just prefer to write what I want when I want without worrying about keywords, seo etc. I love reading hubs about things that interest me and I have learned a lot from the feedback I have received from the people who read my stuff.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85

no offense taken, just clarifying my position. smile

Enjoying your writing is very important, I'm sure you will be back before long. Sometimes having a break is the best thing to do. You can do other stuff and recharge your batteries and have a fresh approach.

One idea that I have is to keep a note pad close to me at all times and jog anything down that you find amusing or interesting or want to find out more about. Look back at the end of the week and see if there's a potential hub there to write about.

Good luck to you. smile

I haven't stopped writing I am just not motivated by money to do so.

The notepad idea is a good one but I usually ask my dream before going to sleep or wait for inspiration. I usually get the urge to write once or twice a week and I am happy with that.

2. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

This one did because I can relate.

http://hubpages.com/hub/There-was-a-girl

I wasn't expecting this but I am glad you pointed me in this direction. I have left a comment on her hub. Thank you Cardisa you too are very brave for sending me this link. .

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you so so much you both validate that I am okay

bless

kimberly

As a result of reading your story I will definitely be reading more of your hubs. Thank you for sharing your very personal  story. My wife has just read it and she too will be responding later.

1. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

3. Spirit Whisperer profile image79
    Spirit Whispererposted 6 years ago

I haven't taken a break I am still writing but not motivated by making money. I wait till I receive inspiration and that usually happens once or twice a week and I wake up with what I want to write. The pad idea sounds good too but please have a go at asking your dream to tell you what to write about before you go to sleep at night and see what you wake up with in the morning. let me know what happens.

working