jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Social Monkey?

1. Sinea Pies profile image84
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

Anyone heard of Social Monkey for getting links for your blog?  Better yet, anyone USE it?  I just heard about it and would like to know more from people "in the know"

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I signed up but haven't placed any links to my blog yet.

I submitted one of my HP links though, not sure that it made a difference.

Maybe if I do the back link thing with my blog it will work.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I paid for it, but hardly use it. More's the pity really. It is a relatively new site, and the hundred or so backlinks they generate have not yet established themselves.
      What they are offering could potentially be great in the future. On refection, I decided (before I paid for it) that in the future this could well be worth it.
      I would advise you the same. You might not see much return now, but in the future this could be worth its weight in gold.

2. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I tried this before, one backlink a day just isn't enough for me..I try and avoid paying memberships as well when there are easier ways of getting free backlinks

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey Ritchie, its you! I think this software, even the free version, may one day pay for itself. Take a chance on a new outfit!

One backlink a day may not seem a lot, and of course you may not see them in Market Samurai or other 'enlightening' software, but every backlink counts somewhere.

1. Richieb799 profile image60
        Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Iz, yes I'm not saying Social Monkee's not a good tool, I'm just saying I'm greedy with backlinks tongue

3. Sinea Pies profile image84
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

Enjoying the input...backlinks. Is that a Wordpress term? Mine is on blogger. Anybody have patience for a kinda-newbie blogger to explain a backlink?  I know how to add a link in a post. Backlinks sound "behind the scenes" to me.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

working