jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)

Panda 2.2

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Panda 2.2 is coming soon.
    Here is a link: http://searchengineland.com/coming-soon … -2-2-80848

How do you see HubPages after this new update?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unless they get the +1 button soon, not much!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

BTW why can't we have +1 when eHow, infobarrel etc. have it placed on their pages.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image77
          Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If/when we get the +1 button I will +1 the heck out of all of the good hubs my fellow hubbers write.

1. Haunty profile image82
            Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Garrett.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What does Panda 2.2 have to do with the +1 button?

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

Interesting.  I am still hoping that some of the positive changes made by HubPages in the last few months will have an effect soon, even if it is just a small improvement.  The nightmare would be if HubPages suffered even more.  The non-English Googles will be Panda'd at some point, that's for sure.

Fingers crossed that the next Panda brings some joy!

(Meanwhile I am focusing on other sites, as my traffic and earnings are improving in some areas.  Just treading water in HP.)

1. Morgan F profile image59
      Morgan Fposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now nobody laugh....My inexperience is showing here, but I have been absent from the HP community for a number of months. What exactly is Panda?

1. Mutiny92 profile image83
        Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was the nickname for the google algorithm change.  It had a negative impact on the authors here.

1. Morgan F profile image59

Oh ok. How so? I had noticed that my traffic had declined but I had chalked that up to my inactivity more than anything else. Although that seems to be a big part of the problem with Panda?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79

It is an algo update by Google which affected content farms negatively.

3. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Theres plenty of room alongside the tweet and like button for a +1 button

4. smanty profile image68
    smantyposted 6 years ago

I would definitely use the plus 1 button too. I normally don't like posting hubs on Facebook or Twitter, so the plus 1 button would be helpful and more fun smile I never know how to give other people the credit they deserve!

5. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Uh-Oh. Does this mean HubPages will be affected negatively or positively? Or perhaps neither. If it's bad, it is going to be like another Tsunami hitting HubPages.

What do you guys mean about +1 button?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope positively, because if it works, it should mean that all those people who copy our Hubs won't get the credit any more.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79

It is a new feature introduced by Google. You place the +1 button on your pages. So, if more people click +1, Google will know your page is better than others.

6. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

In a totally unrelated search for something recently, nothing to do with Hubs, I was looking for other things, I was disgusted to find that on each search all the top ones were appalling! most of the top were things such as stupid answer sites that went something like this: for example ' How do I find a publisher?' and the answer sites where people 'help' each other came back with such profound Enstein remarks like ' Well you sorta gotta get a publisher ya know? so just keep looking'!!! I nearly threw the pc out of the window! don't you just love google? nothing to do with desperate people clicking on the Ads then just so they can find a decent answer!

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
      K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noticed a similar thing yesterday Nell,...was pretty aggravating to say the least. How can we combat this kind of non-sense?

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
        MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How can "we" K9? I don't think we can. I was doing some research the other day and had the same problem, the whole of google page 1 was crap and not really related to my search. This algo change is crap as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even in this for the money, it's just a hobby that I was enjoying. Not enjoying it so much these days. sad

When I find the first page of Google topped with useless junk sites and I ask a question on one of them, I want someone who has done the research or has the experience to answer logically and informatively. What I actually find now is an unknown place with unknown people who offer up what they "think" or what their "opinion" might be; my trust is zero when it comes to search confidence in Google these days. So, I truly understand your remark about it not being something "we" can change. It would seem G has their own agenda. It must be good to be Google, kinda like the IRS--they can do pretty much whatever they want.

However, if we all take a defeatist attitude toward the possibility of correcting this problem we are sure to fail. As a community it just seems we have greater leverage if we stand together. The HP staff has done some really remarkable stuff lately to get the site back in repair. And we are seeing results. If we look for ways to see the forward motion it may keep the HP train from jumping the tracks. I am no Polly-Anna, I just know positive thoughts seem to bring positive outcome.

Last week when the edit debacle happened, once Jason (HP staff) heard about it he had engineers taking care of the issue post-haste (they were actually already on the task when he informed them), and in no time at all, the issue was fixed. It was approached in a positive fashion, and thus  the ending result was positive.
          These guys are dealing with things as expeditiously as is realistically possible; these things have to be in a priority order. I am pretty sure the HP team wants this stuff cleared up a lot faster than the rest of us. We just need to stay the course and get through the tough stuff so we can enjoy the good stuff. I respect your opinion and surely understand your frustration MPG. I truly hope HP becomes an enjoyable hobby for you again in short time, as I really enjoy your work here.  wink

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
            MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks K9 for an uplifting reply. I'm sure it will, I really do enjoy writing and I do appreciate the HP staff are doing the best they can in a bad situation.

Outstanding to hear! Look forward to seeing you around the hub. Cheers!

2. Morgan F profile image59

I know! Try using Google to find sources on the human endocrine (waste) system for an essay. Then you get a boatload of crap in the literal sense tongue It sucks because there is no really viable alternative to Google as far as a mainstream search engine goes.

I love HP, it is sad to see that after I return after a few busy months, these "updates" have been so bad.

working