jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hub newbie!!

1. quiet.chaos profile image48
    quiet.chaosposted 9 years ago

Hi,

I am new to the site. I really like it, so far.

I love to post, whether it's an article, blog, or just me spouting out about something.

I travel alot, so most of my stuff revolves around my travels.

Any pointers or tips from the Hub vets?

Thanks-

q.c

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Quick tip -

Don't bother cutting and pasting other people's work and trying to pass it off as your own.

8 hubs in 4 hours - all cut and pasted from some one else's writing.

Waste of time.

quiet.chaosposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not at all. 8 hubs in 4 hours-all cut and pasted from my computer documents folder. All my writing, my opinions.

That was quite insulting. Is there anything in the rules stating that I cannot cut and paste my own work?

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

First of all welcome..

To answer your question, No -- but if your work has already been published elsewhere online it may affect your scores here at HubPages.  Here is one explanation for why that is the case, for more  you can search for 'original content' in the forums .

It looks like several of your hubs have also been published on Helium.  You have a few options, you can just accept any score penalty that may result, you could re-work the content of those articles a bit so that they are original, or you could unpublish the hubs that have already been published elsewhere online.

3. crusador profile image75
    crusadorposted 9 years ago

Work 8 days on a hub and write on subjects that interests you.

4. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

welcome to hubpages,quiet chaos, i look forward to reading your work. please remember though that it can be condsidered as spamming if you post the same thing in different forum categories.....jimmy

quiet.chaosposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Good to know. I'll be more careful.

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Oh well, if you wrote the sales blurb for Big Bear Mountain brewery and fabulous travel's strange happenings at the Captain's anchorage, I stand corrected:

http://www.mountainbrewery.com/
    http://www.fabuloustravel.com/articles/ … /394/27862

Which presumably makes you both Cheri Sicard and bent nickel designs.

In which case, I apologize for suggesting you are using some one else's writing. Either way - you asked, and I it think it is not worth the effort.

working