Calling all Comics......Both male and female

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Will all the humorists sign in here with a link to one of your funniest hubs so all who wish for a laugh could read?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a few-- but am thinking that posting a link would be self promotional. Maybe we could post a subject or two, like "purseless", "mop" or "In your bra" and people could search under our profile for hubs. I don't know, that may be promotional, too.

Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rochelle, I have read a couple of your less serious work. You forgot to mention "ways to save on gas"........lol

Thanks for posting will check you out.

2. Greg Sage profile image40
    Greg Sageposted 12 years ago

And while you're at it, could seekers of good old-fashioned practical career advice PLEASE stop hitting the "funny" button after reading

http://hubpages.com/hub/Woohoo-Making-m … h-Hubpages

It's getting ridiculous.

Thank you.

Thanks Greg...heard about you....will definitely check out your hub.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you may want to read the forum rules http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

@ Cardisa...definitely not a good idea to suggest others to offer one of their own links. New Hubbers may not be aware that this violates forum rules. smile

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't interpret the rules that way - you are asked not to post a thread with the intent to promote your own hubs, but we have asked others for their hub contributions to subject matter several times and no problem from HP staff about doing so.  We've often suggested that other hubbers read a hub of ours when it pertains to the subject being discussed, the distinction is just not to post a thread for that purpose.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image66

Your interpretation doesn't make it right....why do you think links are snipped so often? If Hubbers want a Hub read, the link should be posted in Extreme Makeover. Starting these threads for the sole purpose of self-promoting is well....self-promoting. Not sure why you don't understand this or how you see that it's different?

I also think there is a huge difference of providing a link if it is important or meaningful to the topic at hand. Simply posting links for no apparent reason is completely different.

1. mega1 profile image79

I see what you mean, I know the moderators do snip away at hub links - and even when the person posting it didn't start the thread themselves - so I stand corrected.  You'll never catch me being all self-promoting! except in forum correct ways, of course.  big_smile

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 12 years ago

One of my favorite subjects is the language, or especially slang - so I've written a couple on slang I refuse to use anymore and slang I must stop using - etc.

oh, and I like being called a "funny woman" but I'm not a "comic" because to me a comic is a comic book like Marvel comics - superman, batman, wonderwoman, etc.  so I'm not technically a comic, although some do think I'm funny. 

I have also written hubs about nagging and ways to deal with romantic rejection.  But I think my very funniest hub is about turkeys - and there is a video where they do the funny things - I'm just along for the ride.

4. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I haven't written a comedy hub yet, but am intending to write one about my favourite comedienne - Victoria Wood, so here are some links to her work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajC4Az4wscc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSYZSFiLKJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ

This is a great idea for a topic! I don't think it's been covered at all so it would be an original here for sure!

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Sherlock, I watched them all.
      Hilarious!!! lol lol lol

5. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I really hope I am not breaking any rules here...

A couple of months ago I saw a post calling all poets...I am a poet but really love comedy so I thought of calling all the comics so we could read and have some fun.

1. mega1 profile image79

I know, that thread is quite successful, and I think the moderators approve this kind of thread which is why I defend the idea, even if I am afraid to get a link snipped.  I could really use a good laugh today.

Have you read any thing form Shadesbreath, Greg Sage, Rochelle Frank, Mark Ewbie or The Greek One?

Check them out, they're good, guaranteed to crack you up.

1. Greg Sage profile image40
          Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shade's bedpan one cracks me up.

I haven't read the "saving on gas" one mentioned, but I will.

2. mega1 profile image79

I fell in love with the Greek One because of his Elmer Fudd series - and I've read some of the others you mentioned too - comedy is a life-saver.

6. Greg Sage profile image40
    Greg Sageposted 12 years ago

I find it laughable that anyone would fault Cardisa in this situation.

Surely there are more relevant beans to count elsewhere.

You would find this laughable.....still not a bad idea to familiarize yourself with forum rules.

I won't bother responding to what you wrote due to the fact that you just changed your post to delete your usual personal insult.

In the half dozen threads I've seen you in recently, you've managed to insult 5 HP members personally, and be consistently patronizing throughout.

So... kudos.  You had something nice to toss into the mix this time abut sherlock's idea.

Baby steps.

It even took you three whole posts to toss out your usual personal insult.

... and then edit it.

Fortunately as usual, we have you to point out how stupid we all are.

Cool it guys, this forum is about fun.......we find fun hubs to laugh about.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image66

You're right...I did change my reply because I was trying to be polite. I never try to make anyone feel stupid. I go out of my way on these forums to help people..sorry you may not visit the same threads as I do. I certainly did not insult you in my first response here..I simply pointed you in the right direction of the reading the forum rules. If you find that insulting, you need to grow some thicker skin or grow up or something. Seriously, this isn't elementary school.

Even after reading your reply I left a cordial response. I don't know who you think you are but Hubbers here know me and they know that I am not the insulting or rude type of person. I get along with nearly everyone on here....except you. If you continue with your rude remarks toward me, I will simply report you. No big deal.

Apologies, Cardisa, but it's happened multiple times lately, and I just didn't appreciate reading yet another unprovoked personal attack form someone who then quickly deletes it to cover their tracks.

Attacking someone personally who is not attempting to converse with you in any way is not "stating the obvious.

It's just obnoxious.

Realizing your hostility is misdirected because you misunderstood something, and reacting by becoming more hostile isn't standing firm.

It's just immature.

Doing so again in another thread just days later and then deleting it to cover your tracks isn't taking the high road.

It's just dishonest.

Threatening to report someone for being "rude" by pointing out those facts isn't protecting HP's virtue.

It's just childish.

If a stranger kicks me in the balls while I'm minding my own business then pretends they didn't do it, am I being "rude" by saying "ouch?"

So be it.

Assuming hipi isn't busy trying to save us all from our stupidity by reporting us all to shut down this thread, I will add that I find Ewbie's tone to be pretty consistently funny on just about any topic.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I have written a few hubs that I think are funny. Some intentionally! lol

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)