jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Choosing a topic for a new hub giving error

1. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 6 years ago

Every time I've made a new hub today, I'm getting an error when choosing what topic it falls under.  This has happened under multiple topic choices.  I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8643/firsterrorwhenchoosingc.png

If you hit "Okay," it gives you another error.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1227/seconderrorwhenchoosing.png

It didn't seem to affect anything else I was publishing, but it was more annoying than anything else.

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

carpesomediem: I just installed Firefox 5 and wasn't able to replicate this. When exactly does this come up?

carpesomediemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When I click the "Start a new hub" link and it asks me to choose a topic I'm having the issue.  It's only when I use the search feature for it, I just realized.  It's still happening to me.  If it's on my end, I have no idea what conflict is causing it.  It only started happening today.

Maybe someone's trying to tell me to make the switch to Chrome, lol.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
        Jason Menayanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I tried this again, and the search feature worked when I used "real" words (i.e. gave real results) as well as with nonsense words (when it said there were no matching categories found).

You're clicking the "start a new Hub" in the header, and then entering in a title for your Hub, and then you're seeing this?

3. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 6 years ago

Yep, I'm following the steps you described to create the hubs.  I really have no clue what could be causing it.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I even tried logging in as you and tried with Firefox 5.0 on my PC (Win7). No luck - I didn't experience that problem.

Maybe restart your browser or see if there's an update possible for it?

carpesomediemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've tried restarting it, no updates available that it's telling me.  I've refreshed the cache, cookies, everything I could to no luck.

Everyone has been telling me to switch to Chrome, I think I'm that point where I finally will.

Thanks for trying to figure this out for me Jason!  I do appreciate it.  smile

working