jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

OK I'm a monster!

1. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

My three youngest grandchildren are going back to school tomorrow.... without one of grandpas home made stories when I put them down to sleep.
    They mucked about and wasted time brushing their teeth and putting on nightwear and took ages to settle down. when they pulled the "I'm getting a glass of water" trick (all three of them!) I said they had taken too long and so no story tonight, and came back to my computer and wrote this as I work online, cos I feel like I have deprived them of their story for no real reason other than my back hurts like hell when I sit on their beds at the moment, and I really could have put up with it. I know a lot of mothers would have!

Oh well, more guilt too lug around! lol

1. CASE1WORKER profile image80
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh my! My son has just broken up for the holidays!

2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Glad to know that you are better .. it is okay to do that once in a while...especially when you are not feeling up to it.. you don't become a monster because of that.. you are still gramps .. I guess smile

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I will get a lecture in stereo from the twin girls tomorrow morning for sure!
    Angus who is now seven will think about how he can gain some advantage from it. smile

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lolo smile sounds like they are the monsters.. smile

earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep! And so sweet and polite about it too! lol

3. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

I recall what my pschologist reffered to as "withdrawal of affection" and winced.

Then again, there's three of them. It's a trap.

No mercy *thumbs up*

You have a good psychologist! lol

I am on to them. They are very creative with easy goin grandpa, using me for all sorts of experimental learning.

What is evident is their senses of humour.... very well developed and entertaining. smile
      Kids are wonderful and astounding at times.

4. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

put on a confident front, man, and never buckle under to the wild manipulations of conniving children - they will use your guilt unti the cows come home - danger Will Robins DANGER!  DO NOT let them see you are a soft codger who feels guilty - especially with 3 of them!  Fortitude, man, don't let the word get out that grandpas get guilt pangs!

lol It's a closely guarded secret mega! (Apart from my hubber friends of course.)

These three eat adults for breakfast!

The eldest twin (almost 6) is very good with logic and reminds me of a young female Perry Mason, her sister puts on voices and changes character, while Angus looks for a new angle to whatever is happening.
      I am never ever bored at least! lol

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

GET OUT WHILE YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!!! yikes

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ain't that the truth!  Once they figure out that Grandpa feels bad is all over but the crying.  Bad enough that Grandpa is already twisted like a pretzel, all around their little finger, but let then find that out an we're really in trouble then.

working