Wacky advice from us!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 108 discussions (216 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I'm planning an advice hub where somehow or other people will ask advice - the advice will be wacky - I think it would be great if I could get one or two other hubbers to also contribute their advice (on the same questions) and so instead of it just being my wacky advice, it could be two or three different wacky advices!  yea?  If you're interested in being an advice giver, email me.  If you have a pressing question you need some wacky advice on, ask it in this thread! 

I'm taking today off, but will get back to this tomorrow - this gives you time to really think up some good ones!

Have a great spring day!

1. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How does a thermos flask know whether it should keep things hot or cold.

2. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wacky questions or advice?

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you have wacky questions, we have wacky advice - we just published our third hub on this -  Wacky Advice for Your Perfectly Wacky Predicaments -Week Three

and while it isn't always advice, it is usually our opinions.  So between GlassSpider and Mega1 you can just imagine what kind of answers people get! big_smile

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I like this. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest. Enjoy your day off. Check your mail! *stalks mega* LOL

3. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I think there's plenty of wacky advice out there already!  But hey, you know me, I'm always up for a little more fun! smile

4. SummerSteward profile image60
    SummerStewardposted 14 years ago

haha, great idea! Perhaps you could have the advice givers fighting over the advice too.. that could be really humorous!

5. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

hahaha
    I think your avatar is greately hilarious.
    hahaha

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this.

and also wacky advice. but where will the questions come from? can I be a questioner? my husband gets soooooo tired of my questions when hes trying to fall aslep after working 10 hours and then "killing enemy soldiers" for another 6...  smile

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get him some of that whipped cream with alcohol in it and he'll forget about the 'enemy soldiers' !

1. profile image0

nope.  I would forget about the enemy soliders!!  lol

2. profile image0
        zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is up to you to show him how peace is lovely.

1. profile image0

awww...  I know, I try to be quiet, I really do. Poor guy!! He puts up with it pretty good.

3. mega1 profile image80

So, your question is - What should you do when "my husband gets soooooo tired of my questions when hes trying to fall aslep after working 10 hours and then "killing enemy soldiers" for another 6...  " ?

That's a very good wacky question.  Our first!  We will get on it right away - tomorrow probably because we will need to really think over our answers.  Of course, you know you are going to get entirely different advice from Glass Spider and me - we are so very different!  So tune in tomorrow here in this thread - we'll let you know when the Wacky Advice hub is up and running!

until then - keep those wacky questions coming people!

6. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Are you talking about collecting questions and then answering them in ONE hub, or ...? How is what you are suggesting different from the current "Question" option people have here, where anyone and everyone who is willing supplies an answer?

Just curious, not antagonistic.  Would like to understand better what you are thinking.

1. mega1 profile image80

these questions would be purely for fun - wacky questions that deserve wacky answers, nothing serious.  Glass Spider and I would have a lot of fun responding in great silly detail to a silly question.  I guess we would start with one Wacky Question and then people could leave more questions here or in the comments on that hub and we could answer one or two or three more in another hub and it would just go until people get sick and tired of it.

2. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you get so many followers without any hubs?

- just curious !!!

(Or maybe a wacky question requiring wacky advice???)

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lynda used to have hubs here. Check out her profile for further details.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Don't worry Justine - We'll have some wacky answers ready for you very soon - I'm working on it. 

Also can answer a several questions at a time, so don't be shy people!  Ask away!  Just post your wacky questions here in this thread.  big_smile:  and have a good day!

8. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Yes, that's right! You'll be getting TWO sets of answers for the price of one. You don't want to miss the magic of a Spider's eye view combined with a Mega viewpoint! We're like the 3-D glasses of the advice world!

We have answers! We want questions for them. big_smile

9. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Against all odds, and in spite of the lack of interest we have blazed ahead and published this piece of trash -

http://hubpages.com/hub/Wacky-Advice-fo … edicaments

if you don't laugh at this one, you have to come back here right away and tell us exactly why.  and if you cry when you read it, maybe you just need a nap!  or some help - - - and you know, help is available in this wacky world!  just ask, darlin'  big_smile:

10. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Yes! Justine's question has been answered, just when she thought she might pull her hair out in anticipation!!

Don't let quirky quandaries make you crazy! Just ask us!

1. profile image0

ha!!! Ive been away,  I didnt know...Im reading this thread then off to the hub!!how exciting!!

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I feel like we're a couple little kids with a lemonade stand by the curb, only it's like 2:00 pm on a Tuesday when everybody is at work and we just can't even sell one class of warm lemonade.  So then somebody's mother goes and gets some ice to put in it and somebody else brings some cookies out to give away and they tell us to be patient.  So then we're still waiting all grubby and tired and it's 5:00 and finally some dads come driving by and take pity on us.  We end up with a profit of $3.00 and here comes the ice cream truck, so you know where our profit is going!   That's exactly how I feel.  I can hear the ice cream truck music, now - "Old McDonald had a Farm.  EEE III  EEEE III  OHHHH"

12. JulesGerome profile image59
    JulesGeromeposted 14 years ago

LOL! I would take pity on you, but I'm French. It's difficult to make me laugh.

13. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Here's a question:
    Do you think it wise to offer a complementary Colonoscopy as a token in a cereal box?

If not, why - it's a service?

If so, why - you might take a wrong turn?

Another wild and wacky question. Thanks, goldenpath!!

14. TheGlassSpider profile image64

C'mon everybody...Don't be shy. We know you've got some wacky situations going...Let's hear about them and get some just as wacky advice going!

15. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

okay, well if i tell you all, everyone here will say im crazy.  however, did you guys know that nightmare on elm street was inspired by a true story.  is it even possible? that a demon can kill you in your sleep?

here's the site address where i found this out at

http://www.brutalashell.com/2009/10/cin … lm-street/

16. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I have a very naughty rooster what advice would you give me smile

17. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Thank you guys for the questions - I think you will be very happy with our answers, as soon as we get them ready - we'll let you know! 

Never too many questions, so ask away folks!

1. profile image60

What did the big bang start from and what did that start from and what can we do about it if we get banged again?

18. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

oh, that's just the question I've always wanted to answer!  re: the big bang and I'm sure Glass Spider will also have a good answer for this.  big_smile:

soon, soon, we will have moe wonderful wacky answers for you.  In meantime, don't forget to read the first wacky answers hub in Mega1's account!  lol

19. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

What tools to use to measure the toenail is cut straight across? tongue

20. goldenpath profile image68

Do you think that braiding my nipple hair would complement my large nose or magnify it?

21. goldenpath profile image68

Is it wise or acceptable to pound on your elbow just to increase the reach of your finger up your nose for a lousy nugget or two?  Just investigating all options for future reference. smile

22. profile image0
    King Larryposted 14 years ago

i just want to say, im a genuine SEX addict, as it seems i've slept with over 300 plus girls in the past five years.  yet for some reason, i still want MORE girls to have sex with.  therefore, what advice would you lovely ladies give king larry here.  perhaps one or both you can help tame the urges if you know what i mean.  wink  lol

23. profile image60

If someone is out of whack, how do you get them back in whack? smile

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

these questions are getting better and better~! very exciting to think of our answers and respond.  I believe we are almost ready with a new hub for Wacky Answers that will enlighten everybody about 3 of these questions, and of course there will be more, and more, and more, and more, and more, until everybody gets sick of wackiness.  Like that's ever gonna happen!  tongue:

25. goldenpath profile image68

Is it a proper home based business to produce quality diamonds by yourself?  Theoretically, is it not possible to not crap for several months thus utilizing that extra increasing pressure to spurt out a lazer quality cut diamond.  I've always been taught that pressure and time is all that a diamond needed.... smile

26. profile image60

why does it take so long for light to travel a light year, and how can we shorten that time?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have asked myself the same question! I said "Self, how come a light year takes so long" And I answered back "How would I know how to shorten it?"
      And then I Said "Well you should know smart ar*e!"
      Then I said "Don't call me a smart ar*e!" And after that I got a bit lost. smile

1. profile image60

Maybe you fell through a worm hole!smile

That must be it! It must take Bloody big worms must make em! smile

1. profile image60

Yes but the KY Jelly helps! smile

Does the anti matter matter? smile

1. profile image60

I'm in tatters, nothing matters! smile

27. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Hey!! It's great to see all your questions. Mega and I will get to as many as we can, as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, check out our latest Wacky Advice - I've JUST published on my profile; you can't miss it!

Keep sending your wacky questions!!

28. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Thanks goldenpath for all your questions! Make sure to go check out our answers to your first question in my most recent Hub.

@ logic & Earnest: Wow! What a question...Just remember, we're wacky.....not physicists...So, we'll do our best!

I'm thrilled to see all the questions we've got so far! Keep 'em coming guys. What's weird and wacky in your life?

We've got answers! Now we need questions.

29. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Welcome back!! We toiled long and hard for that advice...so we hope it helps! wink

Thanks for being our very first questioner!!!

1. profile image0

I didnt even know I was a questioner.... no really, this is the coolest thing to happen in quite some time!!!

Hehehe...So glad to hear this is so cool for you! We're having a lot of fun as well! I didn't know what to expect, but the interest and the questions have been awesome!

@Mega: I agree wholeheartedly...I'm having a great time as well! And can't wait to get our next hub out!

30. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

explain "shit eating grin".  who the heck grins after eating shit?

A great question, Justine!! Rest assured, we will look deeply into this matter and find an answer for you as soon as possible.

1. profile image0

I have great faith. thank you.

2. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why did the chicken cross the road? I know the traditional answer is "to get to the other side", but I wonder how politicians would answer. " Under this government more chickens have crossed the road than ...". Any other politico replies to this question?

31. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I would take part and offer some questions, but I have not a question at this point in time. However, should I come across a question, where I need to seek an outside source, other than myself, then I could possible take part. wink

1. profile image0

how does cagsil allready know everything?

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did say I knew everything. hmm

Edit: Where?

1. profile image0

tongue  I was just teasing Cags. you never said that you know everything, sorry. I do wish I could be as sure of myself as you are of yourself, honest. It must be nice.

You can! Simply put more faith in your own ability to see the truth of people and understand that you yourself need to be honest with yourself.

I have faith in you and your ability, therefore you are not alone in your faith. smile

1. profile image0

awww. Thank  you.  smile

You're quite welcome. smile

32. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I am having a whole lot of fun with this.  I just read our latest answers, I had actually forgotten what my answers were!  I mean, I probably could have remembered if I had tried a bit harder, but you know, so much on my mind lately.  This big bang theory question has me very intrigued, so expect great things of us in the next wacky questions hub!  Thank you Glass Spider for doing such a bang up job!  I have to go back and watch the video because I choose to eat lunch now.  Later gators!

33. goldenpath profile image68

Do you consider it a viable art form to strategically urinate on the pure white snow?  Granted, to accomodate perfection of thought one must exercise great urinary discipline - and aim!  I guess from my point of view I see it as not only an art form but also a long lost skill of mankind.

I prostrate myself before your wisdom and guidance.  I come to your shrine for knowledge and that greater light.  Feed me your fruits that I may benefit and have my groundshaking questions quenched and succored.  smile

34. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

might as well keep asking those questions - we're working on the next advice hub right now and will need more wacky questions soon.

Now remember, wacky is not the same as stupid - so what we want is wacky questions, not necessarily stupid ones.  Stupid questions usually all have the same answer which is - Duh!  But wacky questions actually arise from a creative mind.

Thinking.  always thinking.

1. profile image60

Thought I smelled something burning! LOL! smile

35. TheGlassSpider profile image64

All right, guys...It's almost here, Week Three of Wacky Advice with answers to your most pressing questions!

This week we've taken on more tough questions than ever. We're really tackling the issues, folks. From measuring those pesky toenails to manipulating the space-time continuum, you'll find it all in our soon-to-be-published Wacky Advice Hub.

We're still looking for your Wacky Questions. Don't be shy! You can ask us anything...we don't bite.

Okay, okay...we bite occasionally. But usually upon request. wink

36. TheGlassSpider profile image64

You mean to tell me that not a one of you wonderful hubbers has a Wacky situation or question??/

I just don't believe it.

Mega is NOT going to be happy with you guys. Where are all our Tribers!?

37. profile image60

How does one find a wormhole?  What do you do if there is a worm in it blocking the way to the other side?

An EXCELLENT question, and one that will require further research. Thank you for your dedication to asking Wacky Questions, logic. smile

2. mythbuster profile image71
      mythbusterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this question and since the answer might be of tantamount importance to us all, I do hope you will focus on this one!

wink

38. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

your wacky questions (some of them) were answered and just published as http://hubpages.com/hub/Wacky-Advice-Fo … Week-Three

so now you will be enlightened.  or just wise.  or neither.  or both.

39. profile image60

Megaspidery?

40. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

I think I am going to have a virtual affair on HP, I am being tempted by a few little cuties (you know who you are!) who continually flirt with me and make "suggestions", should I have the affair and who should I have it with??

41. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

great question - this one will really take a lot of thought - maybe while I take a long bubble bath in a steamy candlelit room! lol

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 14 years agoin reply to this

would you like me to scrub your back... then massage you with some aromatic oils??

42. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

but its alright!  so while you're waiting, listen to Huey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSTbs88 … mp;index=7

Would you like it Hard or Soft???

The massage that is.............

43. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

oh! um   medium?

Huey lewis is not really the right romantic music to go with the candles, aromatic oils, and rose petals...

1. mega1 profile image80

no?  oh, ok, then lets just watch humorous videos - these guys are funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aetZJolP … re=related

Yes they are funny.... would you poke god????

Got to go to bed now.... sorry and all that .... work tomorrow, after 11, don't want to lose a glass slipper again..

44. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I would poke God.  really hard!

oops - shouldn't oughta had said that!

nighty night leanman - sleep good = sweet dreams!

Goodmorning Mega... Did you avoid all of the lightning bolts last night??

I dreamt of hubpages all night, had a great name for my next hub... can I remember it this morning??? No.... subject yes, but the hub title has slipped from my mind....... Don't you just hate that...

Sorry, posting dreams on the wrong thread now.... when do I get my wackky advice to my previously posted problem???

2. profile image60

Depends on what you poke him with!

45. profile image0

with all these big budget films being released in 3-d, is it possible all films will be in 3-D someday? is this the future of movies?  after all, when talkie movies were first introduced back in the 20's, it didn't take long before all films started to become talking movies, to where silent films became the thing of the past.  then when color films were introduced, it started to slowly become a standard to where almost all modern films are in color these days.

i guess what I'm trying to ask is, do you think 3-d is the next evolution of films to where ALL movies will eventually be in 3-D format?

46. profile image0

i say that also because of the new revolutionary 3-d televisions being released.  therefore, it's looking to be more of a possibility than ever before.

What about holographic cinema???

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, but we're still years away from that though.  besides, with the new 3-d tv's being released and more big budget movies wanting to cash in on the 3-d gimmick.  it's starting to become more of a possibility now.

47. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

that's a super question.  and I will look into it - off the top of my head, just because nobody is really listening right now -  this is what I think of when I think of all 3-D movies -

I think in the way, way future we will have little entertainment implants (like memory receiving chips) inserted right into our brains and we can just close our eyes and be totally immersed into a movie (we will subscribe to these) sort of like virtual reality - sort of like that movie where the big corporations implant those devices in people?  Only we will pay for this and just go lie down and be IN the movie for an hour or two!  TOTAL IMMERSION!  3-D will probably be perfected to the point where people can participate somehow first, at the movie theater, before we get our "entertainment implants" 

Similarly, we could play tennis with Venus and Serena or play soccer with our favorite team or some such with a sports chip implant. We could race cars, hunt down escaped criminals, solve mysteries etc. etc.  Good idea?  Ok - somebody will do it!

48. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Oh, I forgot the reason I logged in here was to solicit more wacky questions, not to give wacky answers!  blew it!  don't tell GlassSpider I've been handing out free advice/answers!

49. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

If you have wacky questions -  now is the time to ask while we prepare Wacky Advice Hub #4!  Hurry!  Hurry!  Hurry!

50. profile image60

Are there only 50 ways to leave your lover and if so what are they?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)