Hey I've been making guides for an online game called MapleStory for around 7 months on HP now. I've gotten a few comments and feedback but I want to critics opinion. Please go check out my guides and tell me what you think in the comments! Let me know what could improve the quality of them also if you would.
I was looking over your "noob" guide. I know computer gaming and MMORPG quite well. And I wrote quite a few FAQs, so I think I know a thing or two. Here are some comments
1) It's an illustrated guide, but there's only ONE illustration. Eeek!
2) Are you intentionally going for off-grammar style?
"O'k to start off this guide let's get the legal mombo jombo out of the way first. I own all right's to this guide"
It's "OK" or "Okay". It's "mumbo jumbo". And it's "rights".
3) Very few people actually open a hub with copyright notice and whatnot. it's fine for Internet FAQ (like for GameFAQs) but not for hub
4) Your intro guide is a bit weird. Shouldn't you be introducing character creation first, THEN the controls within the game world? I mean, what good would telling the players what the controls are when they don't even have a character yet?
5) You didn't even explain what good are the different character classes, or how to interact with other players!
6) What about equipment? Is there no equipment in MS? How do you get equipment? How does the economy work? Can you trade?
7) Any "world secrets"? Like which areas is newbie friendly? Which areas to avoid?
I'd recommend you pick up a real strategy guide and read it and see how it's organized, and how the intro chapter's laid out.
by Suspect207 years ago
I am curious how other hubers deal with comments made by others on their hubs. I don't want to censor people or delete comments I disagree with, but at the same time I'd like to promote healthy discussion on my...
by accofranco8 years ago
Why do you derive joy in destroying peoples' writing ambition through discouraging comments, instead of encouraging them through polite corrections? Please if one feels that he or she is an expert, why not help the...
by Onusonus3 years ago
Following remarks he made to GQ magazine concerning the Bible and condemning homosexuality, Phil Robertson was recently suspended from the series Duck Dynasty. Do you think his rights to free speech have been...
by salt6 years ago
http://hubpages.com/hub/VintageChanelI have to add some details about fashion photos, and fabrics etc that I need to get from a particular text. I need to add proper attribution for cc too. Otherwise, I would really...
by Carolee Samuda5 years ago
The keywords Hubpages review are very strong. I missed writing about HP, short stories and such like. On my second account I decided to do a Hubpages review. I am not very good at reviews but I am using this platform to...
by TIMETRAVELER25 years ago
It is one thing to disagree, another thing to judge the views of another as being good, bad, wrong, etc. What do you think?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.