Hey I've been making guides for an online game called MapleStory for around 7 months on HP now. I've gotten a few comments and feedback but I want to critics opinion. Please go check out my guides and tell me what you think in the comments! Let me know what could improve the quality of them also if you would.
I was looking over your "noob" guide. I know computer gaming and MMORPG quite well. And I wrote quite a few FAQs, so I think I know a thing or two. Here are some comments
1) It's an illustrated guide, but there's only ONE illustration. Eeek!
2) Are you intentionally going for off-grammar style?
"O'k to start off this guide let's get the legal mombo jombo out of the way first. I own all right's to this guide"
It's "OK" or "Okay". It's "mumbo jumbo". And it's "rights".
3) Very few people actually open a hub with copyright notice and whatnot. it's fine for Internet FAQ (like for GameFAQs) but not for hub
4) Your intro guide is a bit weird. Shouldn't you be introducing character creation first, THEN the controls within the game world? I mean, what good would telling the players what the controls are when they don't even have a character yet?
5) You didn't even explain what good are the different character classes, or how to interact with other players!
6) What about equipment? Is there no equipment in MS? How do you get equipment? How does the economy work? Can you trade?
7) Any "world secrets"? Like which areas is newbie friendly? Which areas to avoid?
I'd recommend you pick up a real strategy guide and read it and see how it's organized, and how the intro chapter's laid out.
by John Roberts2 years ago
What are your opinions on video game strategy guides / guidebooks?With video gaming becoming ever more popular through the ages, it's hard to be stuck on a particular level, or scratch your head when confronting a...
by Rhys Baker5 years ago
Why do so many hubbers delete comments just because they disagree?I see this a lot particularly on hubs espousing things like Noahs flood, or the inerrancy of the bible. I don't delete opposing comments when I write...
by Suspect208 years ago
I am curious how other hubers deal with comments made by others on their hubs. I don't want to censor people or delete comments I disagree with, but at the same time I'd like to promote healthy discussion on my...
by accofranco8 years ago
Why do you derive joy in destroying peoples' writing ambition through discouraging comments, instead of encouraging them through polite corrections? Please if one feels that he or she is an expert, why not help the...
by Dan Robbins5 years ago
Do you think it's a good or bad idea to write an opinionated hub on a "touchy" subject?I do not mean offensive, obscene, etc... just strongly opinionated.
by Kathy5 years ago
I have my iown method of reading and commenting on hubs. I'm curious to know how others handle this.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.