jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Media Centre Pc

1. leighwestern profile image60
    leighwesternposted 6 years ago

Hello i am asking for some help please can i get some people to look over my hubpage to get some ideas. See if i am on the right track.
                     thank you

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your organization needs some work.

Your first job should be to explain/describe what IS a media center PC. You didn't do that. You also did not explain why would you need one. Why do you need something like this when there's XBox, or something like DVR and Roku Box and so on?

Your capsule is ONE LONG RUN-ON paragraph. Ever tried hitting ENTER once in a while?

You never explained WHY you picked the parts you did. Price? Value? Performance? Other?

No peripherals? How do you control this thing? Wireless keyboard and mouse? Or some sort of alternative controller?

You need to read some of those "build a PC" articles in computer magazines like Maximum PC or check online for examples on how to write a PC building article. They explained why each part is picked and so on.

leighwesternposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thank you for the feed back

2. FKINGLAG profile image60
    FKINGLAGposted 6 years ago

The page itself is a lot of information. So much that when I went to it, I didn't want to read all that text because of how it looked messy and unappealing to read.. IMO, all of it needs to be separated into different parts or columns that can be expanded upon and organized. Like, how many different choices you could configure a home media center PC, depending on the what you want out of it. Or perhaps even the fact of how you can do-away with Windows and use Linux (which will save you money overall).

A simple Google search brought me this:
    http://thelinuxcauldron.wordpress.com/2 … for-linux/

As for a few links on the page, there's a link about cleaning your hard drive. This is unrelated to the page and comes off as misdirecting to the reader. There's also a link to a page where a 5870 got benchmaked. I have no clue as to why that's there.

Overall, the page needs work, but has a lot in itself already.
    Good work though, keep it up.

leighwesternposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thank you for the feed back

working