jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Whats the craiziest conspiracy theory you have heard?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image83
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

I thought I'd heard some pretty oulandish ones but I just read one in the forums that I think might take the cake!

Someone claims they are the reincarnated Jesus (second coming). That in and of itslef is not too outlandish but it gets better... this same person believes that Jesus (himself) was reincarnted into Einstein!! And so by the transitive property this person is not only Jesus but also Einstein! Ha hA! Love it!

Writer's are such silly people sometimes!

1. Greek One profile image74
      Greek Oneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, they were both Jewish

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
        PaulGoodman67posted 6 years agoin reply to this

So maybe he will be reincarnated into Groucho Marx next?  ;-)

oh cooool.. i miss him!

2. Quilligrapher profile image87
      Quilligrapherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you read about the scientist who claims to be twice as smart as Einstein?  His name is Albert Zweistein. cool

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago

I am going to jump both of you here.

There is a limit when someone is obviously delusional.  I don't mean socially delusional, I actually mean medically delusional.  This is not a personality problem, it is an illness.  The poster you refer to is quite obviously intelligent, but none the less ill.  In that light, your posts are cruelty.  They can serve only two purposes 1. To further cement those delusions or 2.  The very very very unlikely event that you somehow shatter those delusions-when there is no professional around to deal with the backlash.

This is another human being.  Stop having fun at the expense of another's illness.

i am sure the other people he shared his theories with have told him that he is wacko, and to no ill effect.  I doesnt hurt him to tell him he needs to get help fast (although probably wont help either)

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image83
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Actually Your quite wrong about my intentions Melissa. I thought I was clear in my OP.. I'm interetsed in hearing what is the craziest conspiracy theory anyone has ever heard.

To me, that one (OP)  is so far the craiziest I've heard. No where did I suggest that we all gang up on one person and make fun of them. (what would be the point of that anyways?)

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

Will respect, Melissa, I have had schizophrenic relatives and friends, so I am aware of the mental illness/paranoia issue. 

However, if someone puts something into the public arena, I think it's reasonable to respond, either with a factual rebuffal or with humour.  Although, strangely enough, the nature of conspiracy theorists is such that if someone ridicules or argues against their theory, they usually see that as a back up for their beliefs.

Anybody else read "Foucault's pendulum" by Umberto Eco?  It's a novel about the psychology of conspiracy theories.  Fascinating.

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

The craziest thing about c.th. is that they do exist.

working