jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Are we friends now, Reddit?

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image86
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

After finally figuring out this category thing, Reddit and I are on speaking terms. In fact, I've gotten almost two thousand views today thanks to Reddit. Utilizing the Harry Potter sub-Reddit was the most brilliant idea I've ever had.

Is anyone else getting good results from Reddit? What categories seem to be the most traffic-inducing for you?

1. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The problem with Reddit is the effects are temporary and rarely lasts more than 48 hours.

JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess, because I'm new here on HubPages, that even if the side effects only last for forty eight hours, watching one article get a thousand views in a day pretty much pumps me up. It'll be sad to see those results go away. ):

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image65
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

what the heck is Reddit?

Reddit is sort of like Digg. You submit your link, pick a category and voila.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image65

ok, i checked reddit out...but i dont really see any categories for say, fiction writing, or pets...am i missing something?

Use the search bar on the right.

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image86

When you submit a link you'll see the words "reddit.com" below the link section. Delete that and then start typing what category you think your hub will fall under. I ended up having to look up how to use Reddit before I started having any luck with it. I didn't even know categories existed until two days ago.

They're called subreddits

Finding the right one means more readers. The main one gets too much traffic.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

And many Reddit topic editors kill links to HubPages, knowing it's mostly authors just trying to get traffic.

5. tlmcgaa70 profile image65

well, i linked to just one story, to see the effects, we'll see how it goes. ty for the info and the help...lol i ended up using the search bar on the right.

working