Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (115 posts)
  1. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 5 years ago

I've had a significant long term spike in hub views but with no corresponding significant rise in "earnings".
    How much traffic is needed in order to start earning say a few hundred dollars per month??

1. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In my experience if you want to earn hundreds of dollars per month you have to consistently create articles that are of good quality, show knowledge and expertise and are evergreen, that is, they will be useful today, tomorrow and into the future. Build up a body of work on the niche sites, get your name out there and persevere.
      It can take time. Months, years.
      Creative writings tend not to make so much money compared to 'how to' articles so if you want to earn hundreds of dollars without changing your subjects you'll probably need hundreds of articles.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, you need around 3 or 4 thousand views a day to make that kind of scrilla. Give or take. Definitely in the thousands neighborhood for that sort of mula.

1. NateB11 profile image89
        NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here's another way to look at it: CPM from what I've seen can range from 3 to 10 ducats a day. So, for every thousand views you get 3 or 10 bones. HP takes a little less than half. So at the low end, you need around 4 thousand views. Generally, it's about volume. I think lower CPM is average and gets more views. Higher CPMs, seems to me, gets fewer views, so ironically you end up with less cash-a-tola.

3. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Around 2000-4000 views a day will get you a couple of hundred a month on average, but this depends on the month. December is a time for high earnings as advertising companies invest more for the Christmas period so CPM is higher. January, on the other hand, is lower.
      (This is all from my own experiences; I may not be 100% right here.)

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just checked your profile.  You have 16 articles.  That is not nearly enough to be able to rank well on Google unless you are writing about a very specific, searchable topic about which you are an expert on one level or another.   I suggest you take some time to work on your titles as some are quite bland...for example the one about "white chalk".  Your title has to interest readers enough to make them want to see what you have to say.

Financial success here is possible, but it requires a lot of effort, some know how and the ability to write really well.

Take some time to read articles by the high ranking Hubbers here and you'll see what I mean.

Oztinatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What I need to know is how many views ONE hub needs per month to generate $100 for example.
        If 1,000 views a month doesn't make $100 it is almost a waste of time.
        If it has to go viral every day this means it is impossible to earn any real money.

I maintain12 featured hubs with good titles simply to guage earning potential. I have a job as freelance artist/musician which keeps me busy. I use the "chalk" hub as a personal introduction to my work. The other 10 or so featured hubs have done very well (with traffic) as I've found the time to use social media due to an economic downturn here in Australia. When work is slow I tinker with the hubs.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

1000 views and 100 dollars. If it were so, we'd all be millionaires. If this is what you expect, writing online is not for you. You can write for your clients, but don't write articles and expect to earn 100 from 1000 views from ads anywhere on the internet, unless you become an affiliate for yachts or super high-end products.

1. poppyr profile image93

Couldn’t have said it better myself, Brandon.

2. Natalie Frank profile image92
          Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

1000 views a month would earn you something between $5 and $7 a month depending on your CPM.  1000 views a day might earn you somewhere around $75-$100 a month depending on your CPM.  CPM is Cost Per Mille meaning this is the average amount you will get for 1000 views.  So if your CPM is say $6.50 that's what you would earn for 1000 views.

5. poppyr profile image93

First and foremost, you have to enjoy writing. If you're in it purely for the money and don't actually enjoy the process of building a well-structured article, the satisfaction of hitting "Publish," or the rush of ideas while you're in the shower, then you're going to be left disappointed. Earnings are nice, but if that's all you're in it for, it's going to be one long slog.

True that. I just hit publish an hour ago, was a good feeling.

That’s awesome, dude. I enjoyed your article about growing tomatoes.

smile

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Lots of factors. Mainly your CPM and the CPM varies depending on the ad spend of that day, the source of the traffic (social media, search, country of the visitor, etc.)

So there's no definitive answer. Whatever you're getting today can be used as a rough reference provided you get the same kind of traffic and write in the same niches.

Thanks for your reply.
      However with healthy traffic and a thousand percent increase in views for a month, my so called"earnings" for an entire month is thirty cents.!!!
      This is with hundreds of views.
      There seems to be a gigantic fault somewhere in the hubpages calculation.
      If hundreds of views results in 30 cents then 1,000s of views might only return 30 dollars.
      This can't be right.

A thousand percent increase, in this case, seems like from 1 view to 10 views. Not surprising that there is no difference in the earnings.

You need a fairly higher traffic volume to actually have a stable calculation. During one month you could have got mainly google traffic from the US the second month mainly FB traffic from Kenya. Big difference in what advertisers want to pay.

By the principles of statistics: To get an average and some sort of trend, you should be getting at least a few hundred views a day.

I understand what you are saying but in my market research here at the moment I haven't seen a reflection of increased traffic creating earnings etc.
          At the moment large amounts don't concern me just the market research. eg if a few cents come in with just a few views then why haven't a few dollars come in if those views increase by 100% or a 1,000%.
          It's the principle I'm trying to grasp

That’s where CPM comes in. You can get 1000 views every day but your earnings will vary on those days. Higher CPM means higher earnings.

3. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 5 years ago

Hub pages is not a site to make any money. It's better to go to sites like blasting news. A comparison. I earned $2000 in BN while during the same period earned $20 on HP.

Are hubbers allowed to choose their own advertising?
      It seems implicit in the hubpages speel that a few thousand views a month can make at least some real money.
      If every hub has to "go viral" every day to make a few lousy hundred it doesn't seem financially viable.

Nope, most of us who do well here don't write viral hubs. All you need to do to be successful here on HP is write hubs that people are searching for on search engines. There are other ways, but those would be social shares and that would be "going viral".

Many with 10 hubs make over 100 a month and some with 500 find it hard to reach that milestone. All you need to do is learn the art of writing here to be successful.

You can pick between Adsense and the HP Ad program and you can also place Amazon ads. There is no other way. If you want to put your own advertisements the best bet is to start a website of your own.

So do I get to choose the ads?

You can choose from two options yes. But they are dynamic ads and not static ads. So you don't get to chose your ads, you get to choose your ad service.

2. poppyr profile image93

Say you write 100 articles. If each of those get 20 views a day, You’ve hit 2000 views. Articles don’t have to go viral.

I've reached that level and made 30 cents!!!
          In other words 2,000 views is nothing.

So you made 2,000 views in one day and got 0.30 that day? Would you mind posting a screenshot?

No I didn't say that.
              I said in the month of October I made say 1,000 views. Since starting hubpages there has been 6,000 plus views but a total of 5 bucks.
              I'm expressing a general view that there is no relationship between views and earnings. Theoretically if I went from ten views to a hundred there should be some kind of relationship to earnings even it was from ten cents to one dollar.
              Purely to guage what is happening

In one of my first replies to you I have already explained why it would differ month to month and why your CPM will go lower when you are getting more views. Ponder upon that and ask questions based on the information people are giving you and trying to help you.

If you are waiting for someone to say you were wronged, that's not going to happen. So, take the information you got study it, understand it, do some more research maybe and ask follow up questions.

No I do not feel wronged.
                  I've only just begun to study earnings and I'm using this discussion to educate myself about it.
                  If hubs are popular I'm assuming there should be a reflection of that traffic in the earnings.
                  I've looked up the definition of CPM (critical path method) but I can't see how it relates to my questions.
                  If a hub gets a lot of traffic are you saying that viewers actually need to click on an ad in order for the hub to generate income?
                  Are you saying it's not enough to get a lot of traffic but to get a lot of people to click on ads?
                  Are you saying there is no system in place that even guarantees 1cent per view?
                  Are you saying that DIY hubs are more likely to have viewers clicking in ads?

CPM stands for Cost Per Mille, as in what the advertiser is willing to spend per 1000 views or clicks.

Deleted

2. poppyr profile image93

I’ve also noticed none of your articles are on the niche sites. Being on niche sites increases your traffic because HubPages doesn’t rank well on Google. If you submit your current articles to the niche sites you will likely get more views.

Thank you. I didn't know that. It's been very difficult to find out any info about earnings.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Not amused by the numbers.

Paradigmsearch, you’ve written 7 articles and you’ve already hit a million views. I’d say you’re one of the lucky ones!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

90+ articles actually. Been transferring to my website via spats with HP.

Fair enough smile

2. Oztinato profile image77

What is spats??

Spats = arguments

So he is saying he doesn't like hubpages and he has now got a website which increased his earnings?

I've no idea. Why don't you ask them? Visit their profile and there are instructions on how to contact them.

3. Oztinato profile image77

I'm in this for the long haul.
      My art/music business has kept me busy but when business is slow I study hubpages.
      I'm getting excellent traffic since joining social media but there's no corresponding earnings.

I already suggested posting a screenshot so we can see what the problem might be. 30 cents for 2,000 views just does not sound right.

Are you a moderator?
          I will send you a copy of my totals when I come up for air. I need to get onto a PC. Long story my daughter has my laptop as I don't have time to do all those updates etc etc blah blah
          I work in a busy industry here. Tomorrow l'm flying to a job.
          All I want to do here is get some insights. I can't believe there hasn't been a forum about earnings; or that information about earnings is not readily available on hubpages

2. greenmind profile image94
        greenmindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's not complicated. Write a lot of articles with keywords that people are searching for, include relevant Amazon products that people are likely to buy, and wait about two years. Your income will gradually increase, and in the process you will learn an amazing amount. Passive income is never truly passive, but it is real.

Bump.

Are you saying we get to actually choose which products are advertised? Other hubbers here have suggested this is not the case.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

The good old days are gone.  Write for fun, not profit; then again, still making money from work done years ago.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This Is KEY!!!!

Do it for reasons other than the money.

1. Impart helpful information from your experience or research.
        2. Share personal experiences that might benefit or interest others.
        3. Write for the joy of writing, or to improve your skills.

All of these come before any idea of earning.

Earning is great, but it takes a lot of dedication persistence and work, especially if this is your primary goal.

I have written feature articles for regional supplement of a big newspaper. After six or seven years they decided the  regional supplements were not reaching expectations. It was a great experience and I met a lot of nice people. I  also got paid  a nominal sum for each artical. When they shut down, I still held the rights to  my articles, so I decided to submit  some of them here.

It was for fun and since I had already been paid --, what the heck if I earned enough for a cup of coffee, all would be good.
        That was ten years ago. With low expectations my earning grew way beyond my hopes, and to some degree it has kept me writing. I enjoy the feedback and the friends. I never knew how good a small passive income would feel. I could never drink that much coffee.
        PS. one of those articles is my all time highest viewed and probably accounts for about half of my total views and earnings.
        Sometimes you get lucky,.

Bump.

What does "bump" mean??
            Yes I've been doing it for fun for 5 years plus writing mainly hubs that I feel would benefit the community.
            It's now time to learn the ins and outs of "earning". If earning doenst take place I'll make decisions etc

Thanks.
          Yes if course money is not the be all and end all. I've been quite happy with the interest my hubs have had. Many of the topics were important for me to share etc.
          However I need to study the earnings issues to add to my knowledge of hubpages.
          Maybe if the economy here gets worse I might have time to write a few more.
          We all need coffee.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

This page is a mess. @HP: pay me.

6. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

It is possible to earn hundreds or even thousands of dollars a month here. Unless you are exceptionally astute at the use of SEO, however, it is not going to happen with 16 articles.

It can happen with 16 articles smile But those 16 need to be top of the line and constantly under maintenance.

Yes I believe it should be a possibility.
          What I don't see is a direct correlation between traffic and earnings to make it a real possibility.
          This is market research to me at the moment. If ten busy hubs can't make a few bucks something is wrong and/or I'm doing something wrong and/or I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

What's SEO?
        Who said anything about making big bucks? All I'm trying to understand is the principle of earning on hubpages. Period.
        If it's impossible to make any money from 10 featured articles it may not be worthwhile to write another 10 or 20.
        If there was a guaranteed 1 cent per view even that would be encouraging!!
        If a person gets 1,000 views and can't make $10 then is it worth it to put 20 or 30 hubs here? Etc.
        These are hypotheticals that I haven't see many people discussing in the 5 years I've been here.
        It needs discussion.

1 cent per view would be great. I’d retire tomorrow if I was earning that much.

Is it a lot to ask from a site that might get millions of views a day from hubbers?

3. Oztinato profile image77

Search Engine Optimization??
        Sounds like I have to pay someone to do that.
        I'm happy with my traffic and I want to optimize but I won't do that unless I can see that more traffic will equal more earnings.

7. Kenna McHugh profile image93
      Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Nice Natalie! Keeping it simple! I can even understand it. 

With that, writing your own content for the Interent is not a quick cash out. It is a long term cash out. You will experience peaks and valleys, still in the long run you make money. I strongly suggest reading HP guidelines and getting your articles approved for niche sites.

Thanks.
        If that guarantees earnings with traffic, great.
        I'm here for the long haul. If my business is busy then I do less on hubpages.
        I'm in no hurry.
        However in five years I haven't seen much discussion about earnings at all on hubpages

8. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I have a little over 100 articles and average about 1000 views a day.  My top 4 articles account for about 80% of my earnings.... including a good%  from Amazon.
      If I did not have those four I would still probably make monthly payout 8 out of 10 months.
      Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Now that's very interesting!!
        The conclusion seems to be if you had another 4 articles like that then 10 featured hubs could earn well.
        Can you share with all of us here how much you make per month for 100 hubs?

You’re not allowed to share exact earnings here.

Ballpark?
            Is there a golden rule that says we can't?

You cannot share CPMs here, you can share monthly earnings, but most choose not to. In the summer I made nearly 1k a month with 15 published hubs.

If you could demonstrate that I'd believe it.
                As you are a SEO provider how are we to know you are not trying to sell a service?

Here is your proof: https://hubstatic.com/14278027.png

One thing I can say for sure is that with this attitude you will not do well here. You need to constantly update and work on your articles. I am not selling SEO services and the only reason I help people here is because I treat HP as a family of sorts. I spend a lot of time here and I'm here literally my entire adult life.

Sorry you feel that way.
                    Is your job doing SEO stuff?
                    I note your figures appear to be quite low. How many hubs do you have?

If 1000 USD a month from 15 articles is low, then that's not something I can help you with. There's no wordplay. If you enter a new field you need to learn the new terms that go along with it because there are no other ways to describe some stuff, hence the new words. Sometimes the new words are to make it easier to communicate a message, but you need to learn the ABC before you can spell. Can't expect to understand prose without the alphabets, the same story here. Take the time learning the basics which is already on the learning center I linked out to.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

No, I do SEO as a hobby because I love doing it. I work in academia as a PhD. I do offer On-Page SEO services, but only a limited amount and I won't be taking in new clients for the next 3 years. So I do know my SEO stuff, but nope not selling it. No time for that. I would rather work on my own sites and on HP so that I get more passive income. Also, I help more readers with my own articles than when I work for clients.

3. theraggededge profile image97
                      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Figures are low? Almost $1,000 in a month? For 18 articles? big_smile

I have 160+ articles and will be happy to to hit 10k readers per day and a four figure payout. Sometime very soon, I hope.

Edit: Sorry, Brandon, I noticed you said 15 after posting this.

2nd Edit: D'you get the feeling you are being trolled?

2. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image92
                  Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lobo is very generous with his time helping others. I'm not sure why you are being paranoid about his answers and all the help he has been trying to give you. It's definitely possible to make hundreds or more a month. I make on the lower end of this.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

"Critical Path Method"

That is gold.

What does CPM stand for?

Polly has already answered this here on this forum thread. Cost per million or cost per mile. The average you earn per 1000 views.

Cost per million/mile seems very vague.
            I'm being honest.
            The topic seems shrouded in word play.
            I don't care if earnings are huge or not. It's best to know the truth.

1. theraggededge profile image97

As it varies from person to person, it is impossible to give you a definitive answer. That is the truth.

There are several people earning around and above $10k per month here--you won't see them around the forum. Most earn less than $10. Your earnings are based on your writing abilities, and skill at determining decent topics that people are searching for.

Some can manage with a few well-targeted articles, whereas others just keep writing and doing their best.

Have you spent time at the Learning Center and reading the FAQ? Just click Help at the top right of every page.

He refuses to go to the Learning Center, says he's been there a few years ago.

Don't misrepresent me. Of course I've been studying here when time permits.
                  Personal attacks will be reported.

You did say this on page 4 of this forum thread:

Thanks.
                    I did all that years ago.

This makes one think that you are not going to look at those again because you already did.

But, stuff on those pages has changed, new updated information is now available. The team does not specify how CPM works exactly because there are so many factors at play, just like I posted in my Original post and theraggedege suggested recently.

Lobo
                      I suggest you cool it and stop misrepresenting me and labelling me a troll.
                      I keyed in all the earnings info years ago.
                      When my business permits I try to follow up on hubages. I don't live here.
                      If you look at my profile you can easily see I've been an active member of hubpages for 5 years.

2. theraggededge profile image97

Why do you keep asking the same questions? If you've been 'very active' here, then why so few hubs?

In any case, I didn't call you a troll, I simply asked Brandon if he felt like he is being trolled, as your responses to him have been quite impolite and your questions aggressive. For example:

"If you could demonstrate that I'd believe it.
                    As you are a SEO provider how are we to know you are not trying to sell a service?"

Rude. Why can't you take someone at their word? We'd soon put it straight if we thought he was giving you rubbish advice.

Replying to your other question. There cannot be a predictable income because article topics are so varied. A hub on investing in property is going to attract a higher CPM than a hub with pictures of cute kitten paws. Also topics go in and out of 'fashion'. What's hot one month, may not be so the next.

Well that is one of the most honest answers here. Thanks.
                "It is impossible to give you a definitive answer".
                That's the sense I'm getting from this forum and from hubpages.
                A fairer system surely would be reward views with a predictable income.

This was my original reply to you, the very first post on this thread (see below). It's exactly the same as this, but you chose not to accept it back then and even after repeated references to it. Now you see why some here consider you a troll? 

Lots of factors. Mainly your CPM and the CPM varies depending on the ad spend of that day, the source of the traffic (social media, search, country of the visitor, etc.)

So there's no definitive answer. Whatever you're getting today can be used as a rough reference provided you get the same kind of traffic and write in the same niches.

Lobo
                    I've had to report you for losing your cool and labeling me a troll again.
                    Asking legitimate questions has nothing to do with trolling.

Thanks for the report. You have misunderstood the message yet again. I said this is why some here consider you a troll. I never called you a troll. But, yeah, I don't mind the report.

2. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image92

Lobo, I'll support you if you need it.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

Again.

11. lobobrandon profile image88

Just so you know there is a learning centre where all this is explained. Again my first reply to you explains exactly why with low traffic you can't just multiply your current earnings and expect a proportional increase. Source of the traffic. Country of the traffic. Topic of the hub getting the traffic.

Lobo
        I don't see that in the hubpages advice.
        A reasonable person would expect some kind of proportional reciprocity.
        Surely 1 cent a view has to be the bare minimum.
        I note that no hubpages moderators have joined our forum here.

No one has joined because all the answers you seek are on this form thread, you are not ready to look and accept. And no one cent a view is not the bare minimum, look up article earnings online if you want to know. Some people earn as low as 2 USD per 1000 views and this is when they take away 100% of the earnings on their website.  Here we share with HP at 60 - 40, thankfully HP has an amazing ad program better than many out there so we earn a lot more on average.

I'm not sure how good you are at statistics, but for reciprocity and statistics to work you need a big enough sample. 1000 views a month is in no way a good enough sample size to work with the principles of reciprocity.

When the base income is based on 1000 views you cannot use 1000 views a month as your base, you need to have a larger volume to begin with any principles of proportionality or correlations.

12. lobobrandon profile image88

Thanks.
        I did all that years ago.
        Hubpages promotes that people are earning a few hundred a month. That's fine. That would be great.
        There is not much in the hubpages advice about tweaking the site to gain this amount.

Then here you go:
          https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … iting-Tips
          https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … ndly-Title
          https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

And a guide from me
          https://hubpages.com/community/HubPages … -SEO-Guide this is how you tweak the site to gain this amount.

There is enough information out there, you are just not looking. If you read it years ago, look back again, a lot has changed and HP explains stuff well.

I haven't even considered earnings until now.
            My attitude has been correct. Just enjoy writing and learn more.
            The forums exist for the exchange of information.

Lobo
            Are you a moderator or a person wanting to sell a SEO service?

Hahahaha I am no moderator and I help people "For free" here on HP. I wrote that guide so you can do your own SEO for FREE. Good luck mate, I don't think I should continue helping someone who doesn't want help, but just wants to rant. I'm sure none of the other old-timers will disagree with the answers I gave you here.

lol
                “Here’s an SEO article I wrote for free.”
                “ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING??”

13. Oztinato profile image77

I have no idea why basic questions create animosity.
      Throwing around the word troll makes me feel like you don't know much about hubpages basic etiquette.
      I've asked the same questions occasionally from different people to see what they say.
      In essence it appears there is no direct correlation between views and earnings.
      I don't care about making big bucks here!
      I have a business.
      I do care about understanding fully about the principle of earnings (if there is one) as it has educational value.

Last reply here to get together all I said.

Yes, there is a principle, the principle is statistics. But you need a sufficient volume of data to be able to trust your statistics. You do not seem to have this yet.

For more info see my original post, the links I gave you and the two posts from theraggedege. Bye and have a great day. If there was animosity I would not keep replying. But since you asked me to stop replying to your questions, I will respect that.

2. theraggededge profile image97

Basic questions like doubting someone's motives? Inferring that they are untruthful about earnings? Ignoring repeated suggestions to check out the information provided by the platform?

It's plain to see that you are determined to rile up experienced hubbers in whatever way you can.

We'll leave you to it.

3. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image92

You have received your reply over and over again. It comes across as bullying or harassment the way you keep insisting and threatening action. Please stop.

14. Kenna McHugh profile image93
      Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Well said Bev!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)