I got a great idea of how to Leverage the HP Affiliate feature 4 $$$$$

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

This is Officially Experiment two in the Hubpages MAKE ALOT OF MONEY series of posts - I want to give back both to HP and to the HP authors for helping me get where I am now.

The first thread AKA The first experiment is here:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/8180

Well it's day three (of my first experiment above) and it hits me... I can leverage this new system/site membership to promote my hubpages, which is all good, I could send several thousand if not tens of thousands of unique hits a month to my hubs using it, even creating a site to funnel traffic in but my thought-stream here is that in doing this I'd be doing all the work and sharing 40% of my revenue, which is kind of a waste of half my time smile I love HubPages and I don't mind making them money but I want a better angle.

Then it hits me, I know a way to do this so that both HubPages AND me make a killing and I don't have to waste too much time at all, as even the few hours a month on promotion will be well spent due to the ROI.

The answer is in sign ups. I build an affiliate site designed to market a great way to get your feet wet in the paid writing market, which would serve for hubpages advertizing, and signups get me 20% of HP end of the authors page views. If this works my site will funnel (as I will aggressively promote this backlink into the hubpages site, and I have a nice plan for that as well) hundreds of thousands of people into hubpages to sign up and I stand to gain pennies from heaven from all of them but just like hubpages makes pennies from heaven from every page on the network, I will make a killing through-out affiliate authors page views.

The thing is most people who go to hubpages and realize they can make money because they already like to write, will sign up. I remember seeing how one author had 3,000+ signups and was making 600.00 a month from adsense in JUST this affiliate income, so I thought I could purposely headhunt writers using my site to draw them to hubpages to start hubbing. It's a gold mine!

My secret secondary way to get them to sign up besides just going in and signing up from a hub I'd build and funnel traffic to through my external "juice" site is to make that website a portal to my hubs I'd just build a page with a one block (paragraph) description to my hubs to get them to read them, then the link below the paragraph would have an affiliate token in it (and I could use this to track my progress as well as signups).

I could eventually build a whole page for each hub as my hubs are generally 4-8,000 words and complete, the site page would essentially give them a teaser 400 word article on the hubs information but would not give away the best part (where they will find it on my hub), this leverages my pages to entice them (basically describe a book report of the hub then link them in excited/targeted to my hub and pray they click away on my money makers).. I could update this site with new hubs and so forth.

This is experiment two with my new power with jerricousher.superapprentice.com. This could prove a valuable way to use hubpages to make an additional (and potentially lucrative) income stream. The beauty is once this starts to hit home I could even leverage my success here to entice new writers to join hubpages because it shows that you can make a success of it with the right tools and mindset.

I'm even thinking about using all proceeds from this particular experiment towards philanthropy for writers to help build up netrepeneurs, a sort of scholarship for the membership site to get their feet wet in making the big money, so this site would not be for me it would be to fuel an effort to help writers ditch their crappy day job and do what they love for a living- Write!

I'm thinking my "Scholarship fund" would have a motivation built in, you must learn to write on hubpages meaning you'd have to use the service to it potential before you qualify, meaning you'd have to actively participate in forums, and would have to have at least 100 quality hubs with a 75 hubscore or greater (a few low ones is fine but the idea is to utilize HP as a training ground) at my discresion.

This way I could help others achieve my success the same way I did and help Hubpages get more hubs, authors, and so on. (cool idea huh?) I love this idea because it not only signs people up to HP it motivates them to write hubs which pumps more potential to generate my affiliate income which will all be used to get more scholarships out there.. neat right? (I'm so getting into heaven with this lol) The other benefit here or "win-win" scenario is that it ends up making the actual income source of the Scholoarships come from other huber's (those who are working towards the money) it would become self sufficiently funded simultaneousely building new hubers into amazing writers!

The first experiment is still in progress, and should last 6 months or so, this second one will be indefinite.  if you guys want to keep up with that first experiment thread, read this thread (updated daily as I proceed towards the goal):

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/8180

I got this idea while writing my last entry (hence the "its day three" line at the top which I left to date stamp this idea).

Comments are not only appreciated I'm dying to hear what you guys think, I want to help you make money as well as make it myself.. I'm still no expert but I'm making amazing strides towards the money, and I want to share, teach, and pump people up to chase their dreams!

hubpages is a force to recon with and leverage to make money. I think most people just drone along writing hubs hoping for that check but realistically there is a better way to do this (writing hubs is the yeast in the formula so don't think I'm saying don't write hubs) and jerricousher.superapprentice.com makes the promotion end of the online empire a breeze (you could do it all manually as well with equal results I just use this myself because I'm a bit lazy and a Capricorn, we Cappies love to have all our stuff into one command center).

I could have kept this to myself but I thought nah, lets take over the writer market share as a hub team and all make money.

This thread will be updated to show results of this income deriving experiment as well. Don’t just live, act. Nike said it well- JUST DO IT… I’m offering you the fruits of my wisdom and actions… Expect more experiments to come as I figure out how to leverage the full power of HubPages to make money. I think the system is great, but the authors are NOT tapping into the full power and setting for minimal income streams here. Hubpages is making alot of money sure, but you should too. This series of experiements is my way to help make rich (or at least well off) writers out of hubpage authors. I appoligise for my winded forum posts but at least I kept them in my own threads smile Please comment.

Jerrico

p.s.

Fun Fact:  Did anyone realize that “Netrepeneurs” and “Entrepreneurs”  use all the same letters? The only difference (other than where the money is made) is that “Ent” “becomes “Net” the N shifts to the first position over the E making it “Net” just something I saw and thought was pretty cool…

2. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

Jerrico, you are such a trip.  Always thinking, always scheming.  You're gonna be a millionaire someday.

Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm already a millionaire in here (points to noggin) I'm just trying to sync up the world to what I see in my head, but I want to put out my net and grab a few people to come with me so we can have a party in the end.. no fun being at the top alone or with others who didn't make the same journey you know?

Jerrico

1. profile image0
        daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're gonna do fine, sweetie.  You have it all going for you, brains, drive and ambition.  Just don't forget your friends when you make it big!

I won't, but realize that friends are those who actually support you when your nobody, those who had nothing to gain but were there anyway, not people who are there when they have something to gain... I have a list of "friends" who I will take care of soon smile

alot of hubpage authors are on my list actually, for offering moral support...

site is almost ready to build, having problems getting the dns to propigate.. but have  some great ideas for the sites toc.. please offer your ideas.. if not I'll start looking through hubs to get some.. I want to hit every square inch of hp features/mechanics in this site.

tsshhhhhh

3. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

GL, it's not original, it actually basic in the WebPage world. Getting traffic to the site initially is the biggest problem you will face. The rest is proven to work because it interacts with interested readers in a way that does lure them into it. It then motivates them to carry out an action which in-turn makes you money, yeah a real classic.

~thranax~

I was expecting someone to get negative at some point.. just surprised it took this long..  Usually those who can't do talk. This was not an original idea, it was just an idea, one that nobody here is doing or tried yet- to my knowledge- It will work and you will see.. I will carry it out, show it works, and reap the rewards of actually taking action.. smile

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I kind of agree with thranax. This isn't a very original idea, which could lead into problems with traffic. You would really need to get your ranking, backlinks, and overall traffic up before it could ever really get you any good and legit signups. Plus, if you think about it, we get signups all the time, but most of them never make a hub and if they do, it's one or two hubs and nothing more.

I believe it was you, Jerrico amongst others of course, who asked to be able to see our signups so that we could talk with them. I've tried sending them messages and no one ever responds much less makes any more hubs.

So given all of this, in theory your website can get tons and tons of signups if the actual website was getting enough hits, it sort of fails if your signups don't write hubs, which is the case a lot of the time.

O.k. Whitney I'd like to respond here...

On a positive note, the best ideas out there aren't original, in fact there are no original ideas anymore, just rehashed ideas from other ideas and so on.. moving past that then,  problems with traffic? I don't get that part.. this can only bring traffic.

Rankings, backlinks, overall traffic, I have that covered, but realize nobody opens a website or hub and over night starts getting massive LASTING traffic to it, this is a process one I plan to be successful at accomplishing, if you don't want to believe in the system well then this is why I'm doing it, because not enough Hubbers believe in the system and thus barely anyone is here making money besides the big dogs at W.H.U.B ...

on to the most crucial comment here:

Realize that my plan/idea is designed to bring in EXCITED potential authors. The site will bring people in from the search engines looking for money making opportunities writing (this is where keywording helps, on page optimization, and off page optimization kicks in)...

Once there they will see just how cool HubPages is and want to learn a bit about it, as they venture through the site every single page will have links to hubs within the HubPages matrix all with tokens for signing up. This site will answer any newbie questions they could have in plain English- something I had a hard time with when i first got to HP without begging and pleading in the forums only to get yelled at for my troubles..

The site is brilliant in my mind because it not only doubles as a valuable content site helping new and old authors to make the most of the site, but it excites new authors to figure things out, it brings traffic to the hubs linked to (I mean what do you have to lose its a free link back what are you moaning about again? we give you free traffic and you complain? sheesh?)

But I get it…

You need to see it in action before you’ll twist your mindstate to sync up with what’s possible right?

That's cool..  Let's get busy! hehe

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)