jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Capstone hubs query

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image56
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 9 years ago

Ok I can't find much in the forums on this that's recent.

I'm working on a  series of capstone hubs and wondered if anyone had done any yet and if so if there is any advice from them - or indeed generic advice about hub posting for best traffic.

The capstones programme is 15 hubs minimum plus a capstone hub.  So I have to write 15 hubs and get them ready, then do a 16th overall hub.

My query is-  for google traffic etc is it best to publish all 15 hubs at once, or trickle them out one or two a day over a 7-17 day period?  Or does it actually make any difference?

Logistically, it's easier to publihs them all at once as they all have to be linked and publishing a few at a time will lead to loads of broken links messages.

But I've got something in my head about google preferring steady publishing not 15 all at once.  But that may be just because MyGoogle where I have my latest hubs only shows the first few

Any advice? Does it even matter if you post 1 a day or 15 a day to traffic?

2. Lissie profile image79
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

I don't know for sure: but my gut feel is that google bot lives on hubpages so yes  I think it does matter the rate that you publish them :though  I don' t know what the best rate to publish them at is.  I noticed that darkside did his "dead greeks" over quite a few weeks/months -but I dont know if that was deliberate or otherwise

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 9 years ago

I'm still working on mine, I only have 5 published. I'm taken to heart that there is no set date that they must all be published by. 

I think it's best to spread them out so people can discover your hubs, but that's just the way I do it.

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image56

I agree I think spreading them out is best.

But then how to cover the "broken link" issue.  I thought of saying on the link module that not all links will be active until the entire series is complete so check back regularly etc etc.  But then won't my hubs be flagged for broken links?

And if I hide the links module and publish them as individual hubs ... well, they just won't look as good!  And I have to remember to turn them all back on at the end...

Any other suggestions or sage advice from the HPteam?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You don't publish the Capstone itself until you have written and published all the others.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

If you're linking them all together (not just linking them all from the Capstone), I'd just hide the link capsule and place them in one group so that they naturally link together that way, until they're all done, and your Capstone has been approved and published (by me!).

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image56

Great idea thanks Maddy - am gonna get the first couple online now then...

working