60DC Team Complete - Questions and ideas?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 148 discussions (376 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Now that the team building phase is complete, what types of questions are left unanswered that should be covered in the next team hub?

Any ideas that we should include in our team effort?

Any other Hub authors want to lend some off-site promotion to our effort?

..im really excited, barely slept due to anticipation.!

-please let the other thread die so the "Join" aspect of the challenge isnt consistently viewed by new visitors to the forum.

2. sunforged profile image71

Im curious, Anyone showing twitter results yet? My stats show 40 clicks (to challengers hubs) from the 3 days that I have had the 60dc feed going in one of my twitter accounts?

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
      englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 36 views from twitter and all the visitors on one hub I wrote on maximizing revenue from redgage.  On further investigation it was revealed that the visitors came from sunforged twitter account as he was kind enough to post my link of the hub to his twitter account.  Gosh how did you manage to get so many followers??

2. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Twitter, but I am getting google hits only a few hours after publishing.

3. Edweirdo profile image84
      Edweirdoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a link to my hub log on RedGage, and within a few minutes of doing so, a friend over there who likes my photography tweeted my link to her 2500 followers!

Let's see if that gives me any hits big_smile

1. barryrutherford profile image76
        barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can you introduce me ?  smile

3. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

This sounds like a great idea and I would have liked to get in on this but I got too many new projects right now. Do you plan to repeat this?

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I haven't written any hubs yet lol

I want all my RSS feeds in place first. wink

Probably going to get that feed out to around 60 aggregators - many of which require a manual submission. Hey - this is a learning experience for me as well - I want to see how effective this can be with the feed.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to drag the thread back in time, especially as a non-participant, but I was wondering if you happen to have a list of those aggregators lying around, Mark? I have a few I use, but nowhere near 60!

5. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Sunforged I have a question, suppose if I were to publish more than 30 hubs so am I allowed to use the 60dc tag on those hubs as well.  Also during the promotion phase can we continue publishing hubs, I know you will say yes  but will  our group co-ordinated promotion activities would be applicable for these hubs as well.

sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My personal requirement for my own involvement with the promotion aspect is just that you have your hubs in a manageable level of related groups.

No way, would I say, only write 30 hubs...but then again, that extra time could be spent promoting what you have already written, so If i were you I would consider that balance when I was nearer my 30 completed hubs!

Hmm that solves my doubt though personally my plan is to stop at 30 hubs and concentrate only on promotion in the next 30 days.  Also if time permits and using the knowledge I would have learned in the promotion stage I would like to promote my previous hubs as well.  I want to optimize every content I have.  I am already lagging behind my goals.  I have one request though, can you just take a look at my latest hub(shorter version of a capstone hub with link to other hubs in the series), I mean this would be the way I am planning to do my hubs(5 independent articles and sixth covering all the 5 with some more info).  If you find anything wrong then let me know!!

A capstone hub of your topic! Well that sounds like a good reason to do your hubs in related sets!

LOL  wink  After everyone had their topics figured out.That was to be a recommended step of our promotion phase!

I think I should step aside and let you handle this!

Ill certainly swing by and take a peek as will I bet other challengers. Im trying to keep my time managed a certain way. So at the moment I was looking for any thoughts and concerns I should really include in tonights introduction hub. i also have to write my 30dc hub ( Im a participant too!) im not including the 60dc team/tut hubs as part of my 30.

But tonight, I will casually read through the hub logs and I will make sure to check out your capstone...maybe we will even showcase it when we get to that part of our promotion?

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm no expert, but I think the whole point of this challenge is to not just write, but also promote. Hubbers like Mark Knowles and Misha will tell you success is 10% writing and 90% promotion - so if you have time to spare, extra effort on promotion would be more in the spirit of the challenge than extra effort on writing.

You are just so right, Thank you so much for the advice.  I would focus more on promotion once I am done wth my 30 hubs.

6. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

can I get involved in this or I am I to late ?

@Br - Since you responded that you wanted to particpate in the question thread a spot was reserved for you..I was hoping you would figure out the process from the 20+ logs that showcase it.

So if you are interested, A spot was reserved...I think the "How to start"  info is readily found. Im trying to avoid using the hub forum to post any of our personal links.

sorry sunforged that went over my head i dont usuall hang out here so im not familiar with the 20+ logs u refer to . please pardon my ignorance...

sorry u mean 60 day challenge  Duh !

2. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check his profile and read hubs related to 60 day challenge.You can even search hubs in "60dc" tag to know what's going on here.

3. sunforged profile image71

Not a problem at all! The question thread that you responded to had the process explained. You can click on any of the participants profiles and quickly find the info on the 60dc. Ill look out for your log.

7. sunforged profile image71

smile - Thats what i was hoping to hear!

But ALL i did was set up OUR rss feed to AUTO post on that account - it took 30 seconds!

The power of feeds and automation!

Feeds can be really powerful tool.  This is the next thing I am going to learn and implement.  I also have a blog with the thehubpages60daychallenge reserved.  I think I can include all the challenge team with their hublogs on this blog and submit it to RSS feed directories and place a RSS on my blog.  I am sure would have that blog ready before the promotion phase starts.  Till then would learn and get comfortable with feeds.

8. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I'm going to promote individual authors on my blogs once i finish my hubs. I just want to know niche in which other participants are writing so that i can promote hubs in same niche. (not all participants including me mentioned that on log lol) 

Let me know if i can help in any other way in between.

9. englightenedsoul profile image58

Lol..not exactly a capstone as I have links only to 6 hubs in the series.hmm...but you can say it an infant capstone.  I am not an member of other revenue sharing bookmarking sites otherwise would have include more.  Though I was tempted to include more but I somewhere read through your profile or hubs that you only promote or recommend things which you try and have seen results with.  And I have really taken your advice by heart. 

And gosh noo, I am not a super human and a genius like you so please don't step aside, only you can manage it.

And take your time, I understand taht you have your hands full and also would not like to disturb your plan.

Eagerly Waiting for the intro hub to come out.  Also I have already seen success with this 60 day challenge.  I just posted the good news on that thread before you asked the thread to die down.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Mr Sunforged, this is not too late,  can I still join as I am writing my first hub just now, will published in two hours, been late little prob with my sick baby!

11. englightenedsoul profile image58

I would really like to share this good news with you all.  All my six hubs that I have published for 60 day challenge have been indexed by google and that too by zero promotion on my part.  My hubs have never been indexed so quickly even though I used to promote it.  Also the thing is, when I used to promote on bookmarking sites like Xomba, shetoldme etc, the bookmarks were indexed first and placed higher than my main hub.  I am really very pleased with the results.  Also my hub "yousaytoo - backlink and maximize revenue" is first for the keyword "maximize your revenue", I know thats a useless keyword victory as the keyword has only 260 global searches but I already got 3 hits on this hub by google.com and 1 by google.de. Also for this series I had not done any keyword research and my SEO knowledge is pretty much 0. So Mighty pleased, I think I will be over the moon when the promotion phase starts. Love and kisses to you sunforged!!

12. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Not much help (here) with twitter as I don't really use it. I don't even know if I've got one follower or ten hmm

I'd certainly like to see an idiots guide to rss feeds. Never really understood them , or their potential power.

As for my topics - so far frogs (meh), fancy dress, boots and diapers. Don't bother with the frogs, I've seriously scraped the barrel for that one tongue

explanation of how we are to use rss feeds is top priority in tonights hub.

I will include helpful resources on general rss understanding.

Our use includes really taking advantage of the way hubpages automatically creates a feed out of all tags!

the twitter question relates to me already promoting the feed via twitter, wondering how many of you are seeing clicks - Englightened mentioned 40 clicks whose traffic source is twitter.com/sunforged

@PDH, as you showed interest in challenge earlier, ill add you to the team hub late this evening.

@All - thats it! Help let others know that unfortunately, we have reached capacity for the challenge. There are some other great events in Hub-dom over the next month or so (so Ive heard) and our info is mostly public so they can follow along - the Challenge team hub is complete (except for the 5 or so that already have done their hublog)

i hate saying no...but I dont want to stretch to thin either.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its ok, thank you Mr SUNFORGED, HUGS and YIPEE!

2. skyfire profile image79

That's cool Natasha, I've also added 60 dc participants hubs on facebook pages and trying to promote others as well. Expect some facebook traffic to your hubs wink

@PDH, join in,i'm sure you'll do great in this challenge.

it is already April 5, I can write 30 but am I still allowed to join, I signify my intention the other day but then I was busy, havent written anything for six days, I rested after joining the health contest, and I had 30 plus hubs all in all last month for the health hub contest, I want to join to learn more here,

thanks skyfire

@pdh - i was responding above as you commented

2. englightenedsoul profile image58

Thank you so much Skyfire for promoting 60 day challenge participants.  I promise once my examination hets over on this 24th I am going to promote everyone.  In fact when promotion stage starts I will be doing promotional actvities atleast 12 hours a day.  Also don't kick me out of the competition if you don't see me for few days(from 18th to 24th) as I would be at my relative's place as her place is near to my examination centre.  Though I would try to roll out as many hubs possible, sunforged do give me a grace period of a day or two.

3. skyfire profile image79

Sorry to divert thread but am i missing something on HP ?

I think you mean the contest.  I read somewhere Jason saying that the contest will be held every quarter so the information about the next contest will be released most probably next month or in june.

Nope, none of its official hubpages stuff.. i dont have any special knowledge about those type of things.

But there MIGHT be some really great tie-ins during the second phase of our Challenge, if I had any right to be more open, i would be.

Wow that would be great.  I am eagerly waiting for day 31 to arrive!!

4. frogdropping profile image76

Just for the record - I have no twitter traffic on anything/to anything. Honest - birds and frogs just don't mix wink

@sunforged - I hugely appreciate what you're doing, plus the time/labor cost. If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

5. sunforged profile image71

Cool, i just checked front page, not logged in - two of our hubchallenge logs are featured (siddsingh and frogdropping) and one of our 60dc hubbers individual hubs is featured for its topic (Sufidreamer)

6. englightenedsoul profile image58

Also If anyone follows the topic "All about hubpages then one would notice that out of 8 hubs shown in the hot category 3 hubsare from the participants of the 60 day challenge(Sunforged, sufidreamer and me).  And In the best hub category we have one by sunforged, and thats out of 6,916 hubs published.  I have a gut feelings that by the end of this challenge every category of hubpages will show up hubs of the 60 day challenge hub participants.

well done enlightenedsoul very motivating.. must get started...

Thanks barry.  I am eagerly waiting to read your hubs.  Wish you all the success for this challenge.

7. lakeerieartists profile image64
      lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Sorry, sunforged, I am just too busy to do this challenge right now.  But I will be rooting for all of you.  smile

8. oderog profile image47
      oderogposted 14 years ago

The challenge is shaping up well sunforged, just to ask are we going to record all our promotional activities as we are doing with our goals. And also just to get started on the right track could we review hubs from others to point out short comings if any

oderog Im going to cover both of those thoughts tonight..they are very valid.

I will suggest that the 60dc hubbers set their comments to "approve first" then we can make suggestions or point out typos and other quality concerns to help each other. But!  we wont be publishing such things for our non-hub viewers to see.

make sense?

for example, i noticed your hub title for the log is "Making Money Online in 60 days With Hub Challenge: Increase Hubapges Views to 1500"

but i didnt want to make the comment viewable

1. SiddSingh profile image61
          SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh, I made the same mistake. But I have corrected that now, though can't do much about the URL now.

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good idea

The other one is to leave two comments - I often leave a normal comment and one below with any typos, allowing the Hubber to delete.

I probably have many silly mistakes - feel free to point any out! smile

Anyway, back to it - have a few Hubs to upload and Amazonise big_smile

9. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 14 years ago

Hmm. So far no traffic from Twitter, but I am not complaining! Just as an experiment, I joined a couple of bookmarking / sharing / networking sites, and I am encouraged by the results. I will keep exploring more such sites, but I really plan to concentrate on this in the promotion phase, or when I complete the 30 hubs, whichever is earlier.

For collective hub promotion, I will use a couple of my blogs, though the traffic there is nothing to write home about! I guess that will need promoting the blogs too, which works just fine for me.

@ Sunforged

I have a couple of ideas I would like to share -

1) Can we give out a press release or two, even if it is in the free PR sites?

2) If any of our challenge participants are guest bloggers somewhere, can they write a post or two?

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Sir Sunforged, I did my first hub about the challenge, please look at it, I dont know if I did it right

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-60-Day-Chal … nline?done

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

So... Can we place each other's links on Redgage and shetold me? I'm not sure if that's against their policies or not.

And I'm very excited my heart attack hub is 1st on front page of shetoldme. I am liking them for their traffic.

Since those sites allow one to profit from the links- it would be nicest if you didnt take that opportunity away from the original writer.

TAs per TOS, individual TOS vary per site...most dont care, nor have the moderation to detect such things.

But..i got that covered too! Just a few hours.

2. oderog profile image47
          oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could this look like spamming from hubpages if we place the same hubs by different teams members on these site, just a thought. Probably here is where we would need coordinated back linking

Well, personally I don't have problem with people submitting links to sites like redgage and shetoldme but these are revenue sharing sites and many would object and it would be like taking away their money.  Also  think these sites have mechanism that prevents submitting the same link again.

I saw PDH, Im addicted to watching the feeds! Over-caffeinated and super excited!

Looks great to me, ill add it to our team hub late tonight.

Im currently writing my personal hub for the challenge, then a short break, dinner, walk the dawgs in the sunshine and ill be back to do the Intro hub for the 60dc.

..small request, trying to stay well within hub protocol on our threads - so can you make your link ..not a link? We will all see your hublog in our feed, i saw you set them up just right!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you, thank you, I will be active I promise, have a rest and eat,

2. theblackedition profile image81
          theblackeditionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey sunforged! just checking with you if I'm in the feed.  I published my hublog yesterday.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Oh I am sorry about the link hehe, I was just excited that time!

3. barryrutherford profile image76

This is my First also.  Take  a look to see if it fits the Bill !

http://hubpages.com/hub/60-day-challeng … s-Log?done

4. skyfire profile image79

Great going sufi, your hubs are indexed and featured as well.

5. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

i just wanted to say its been a great first couple of days here and I am just as reved up and raring to go! First Hub published and more on the way.

6. N. Ramius profile image73
        N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

For the RSS feed to be included in the hubs, do we have to use the hot feed? Can we choose to sub best or latest instead?

you can certainly use "best""instead of "hot"...dont use "latest" as months from now it will only show the last hubs published.

would you explain how i do this feed thanks. I know the basics..

sorry sunforged I will try I sort discover it myself..

7. Daisydot profile image60
        Daisydotposted 14 years ago

Sunforged - just saw your your challenge on the previous thread as to who can rank for "Buy the Beatles Rock Band Game" - you're on!

Let's compare notes at the end of May.

8. barryrutherford profile image76

For more ways to connect with me and many others have a look at Google Buzz I recommend it !

9. englightenedsoul profile image58

Barry how do I find you on Google Buzz.  I really don't know how to use that service.

open aGmail account  www.gmail.com.  Import you contacts.  then you will see google Buzz icon underneath  the Inbox clcik on this and folllow the easy prompts & your away with a easy to used way to increase fun & traffic...

Thank you so much that really helped!!

10. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Hi everyone.  How are you all today?

I have a question... does the RSS feed rotate or does it just stick on the first 8 that are onboard?

Great to see Sufidreamer up to 100 on his log!  Congratulations dude! How have you promoted this to get score up so high?  Or do you think that the RSS position has helped more than any?

Would love you to share big_smile

The RSS feed does rotate.  As we have put the hot tag RSS feed the hubs which have the most visitors to his hubs would come up first.  If you change the tag to best then the hubs with highest score ould come up and of you change it to latest then the latest hubs would come up.  Though it is not recommended to use the latest feed.

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope all went well with the exam - I have a good feeling about it!

1.  Am I right, then, that RSS feeds doesnt really do any good to promoters - even listed - unless you are within the 8 (providing you display the 8 of course)?

2.  You can only get in the list of 8 if you have generated traffic greater than the competition of the others set in the feed.

3.  Is it that the more success one has, the more success gained?

I appreciate your answer as this will teach me a valuable lesson smile

2. barryrutherford profile image76

I need a hand with these feeds I am a complete dummy ?

1. profile image0

RSS feed promotes a group of article(s) - in our case, the team have a code that is allocated to the log - this RSS feed is inserted into articles, hubs and/or news lead websites. 

RSS feed for promoters = links to articles, which means a greater chance of increasing traffic.

RSS feed for Readers - keeps them informed of interesting articles/news of personal interest for which they can sign up for.

2. Sufidreamer profile image79

Hi Shaz

That was a bit of a nice surprise, this morning!

I didn't promote that one much, Facebook and Redgage only. I looked at analytics, and I have had traffic from Twitter, Yahoo, Digg, Squidoo and Feedburner. Looks like the RSS is doing its job well! smile

1. profile image0

I think you are well deserved of this Sufi!  Congratulations.

You must have a good solid background that you have built over time with redgage and FB.  How long have you been on board these platforms and how much work has gone into these?  P.S. Im on Redgage and FB smile

Can you confirm my points above Sufi?  It is important to me to know for sure smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image79

Cheers, Shaz smile

I don't have much of an idea, to be honest - this is all pretty new to me. Hopefully, one of the marketing gurus can answer those big_smile

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Hub has done well because I started early and it has been at the top of the RSS. Now that some of the other challenge Hubs are picking up hits, I am pretty sure that others will overtake it - it has had a lot of internal traffic and comments, so that may have helped.

I have been on Facebook for a while, although I don't get much traffic and just drop in the links. Redgage - I joined a couple of days back!

1. profile image0

I think it did HELP that you had early inclusion and this will give you a head start.  It is like being in a race and some have already done lap 1 before the starting gun.  That is not a critiscm - you are one of the best Sufi - and it is the early bird that catches the worm!  However, I bet that you will be in the RSS feed for the duration - it is the snowball effect.... success builds success.  You are a winner Sufi - celebrate it!

1. Sufidreamer profile image79

Cheers big_smile

Undoubtedly, although I think that it won't be long before the big hitters catch up - it is a marathon, not a sprint. Besides, I have always had a problem with being a little premature... hmm

Hopefully, we will all be winners - the methods that we learn on this challenge will be useful to our writing careers, and the promotion should help us all, in the long term. Your Hubs will take off, too - they are well-written and interesting and, with the new techniques, should attract a lot of traffic.

I think that we are all going to be successful - I have not seen this much of a buzz on HP for a long time smile

1. profile image0

Exactly... this is why I celebrate your victory too!  As said in my proverb.. little steps!  Your success is my success!!  This is the nature of being part of a community.

I have already learned a great deal and I know that I will grow with the experience.  I never have huge expectations (to have high expectations, always leads to disappointment), personally, and I am not competitive to others, but I am competitive to my self and am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow.

I always look at life as a glass being half fall than empty - it is not the winning, but the journey! big_smile

p.s. I have read lots in the forums from you, Sufi, and I think you are a kewl dude man! *wink*

11. frogdropping profile image76

Advice - I've read a couple or three hubs so far published in the challenge. In the spirit of optimizing what the 60DC is all about, then you need to include on-page SEO. If you don't understand what it is or how you do, take some time to do so. Better that you insert headers, make best use of the HP tools, in order to better optimize your end results.

Read Darkside, Mark Knowles, Sunforged to name a few. If reading cuts into your time, just go and stare at a few of their hubs - the layout, their use of headers and so forth.

A well written hub is cracking - addtional SEO tweaks will boost it a lot further smile

Sufi - keep rocking tongue

1. profile image0

Im confused Frog... is this for me?  Sorry if not *blushing*  If it is... can you be bullet point blunt with me big_smile

This points to something I have yet found time to write a hub about - as Im not sure where it fits.

But I was surprised by the amazing things people did with the hublogs , really well thought out additions, useful tables, custom art etc...
          really high caliber stuff.

But on the negative side - where are the keywords in URL and Title? Why are the tags limited to the basic 60dc tags? Why not multi-purpose your effort?

Consider our experiment and any of my suggestions as additive plusses to add to oyur current efforts - dont ever limit yourself to my suggestions

The team is amazing, you have elite examples of every type of skill needed for online success (whatever you may consider that to mean)

Yes, def an on-page optimization and keywords tutorial is very forthcoming from me - but many great resources exist in these concepts already- many of them written by our participants!

when you have your keyword phrase selected-use them and close variants

In URL
          in title
          in h2 (headers of capsules) or use the h2 option in the text capsule
          tags

take advantage of rss feeds in general - the news feed is quick and easy content, product feeds ..

12. englightenedsoul profile image58

@ Shaz

Hey my exam was amazing I am still suprised how I did so well, Hadn't studied a bit, I guess your wishes helped me( You know The Secret..lol).  Anyways coming to your question about feeds as I don't think early inclusion or late would make much difference.  For example see Mark Knowles log, his log also comes up in the RSS feed though he published his log at the 11th hour.  We have set our feeds to hot tag so if there are more visitors visiting a particular hub comes up in RSS.  And as for Sufi and Mark, they are one of the most revered and look upto hub authors here so people do tend to look at their hubs and so their hubs rises up so quickly.  And Shaz we havn't started with the promotion stage and I am so sure a genius like sunforged would have looked into it.  I am speculating that that's the reason he asked us to write multiple hubs on a broad topic so that he could submit particular topic feeds to relevant sites and in order of their category.  I am not sure though but I have agut feeling about it.  I hope that helps.

1. profile image0

Oh yes.. it does... thank you sooo much and glad to see that the exam went well big_smile

Yes, I noticed Mark's log and that Edweirdo came in and went out again.

However, can you confirm that my original line of thinking is correct (not in the context as here, but as a general context) about RSS.  Just need to clarify my learning.  Lets say, for example, hubmob or anything else really.

Really loving this whole experience, btw!

13. oderog profile image47

Observation on the Log hubs: I have noticed that hubs on the logs are appearing on the RSS FEEDS of the challenge hubs, is this happening because we are mixing the the tags

This is intentional - all challenge hubs are challenge hubs, not all challenge hubs are hub logs

1. oderog profile image47

Thanks sunforged got it now

14. oderog profile image47

Just got your message shazwellyn, am having some challenges with internet connection but am with the team once my connection is sorted out things will just be right

1. profile image0

Great to see you here.  Ive been reading a fair bit from you as you have been publishing.  Nice to meet you in a team environment big_smile

That's great shazwellyn, I have written some three hubs for the challenge and still waiting for some feedback

1. profile image0

Arhh... well what I tend to do is latch onto published work when I get the fan email shot that hubpages send.  That is why sometimes people comment later than first publication, I think.

15. oderog profile image47

Any new direction/activity on the 60 days hub challenge from the team members

16. englightenedsoul profile image58

Well though I am not an expert(the truth is I used net for the first time 4 months ago and hubpages was the first site I registered to, don't even have a facebook a/c)...  I think you are partly right.  For example, if you click on the hubs tab next to topic, there are 3 tags created by hubpages
        1.hot- hub which has attracted a lot of visitors(internal and external)

2.best - totally based on your hub individual score

3.latest - recently produced hubs

Now talking about the 60 day challenge, sunforged has created our own 60 day challenge tag.  So if the feed is set to hot so the hubs with high traffic will show up.  I know richard is using the the latest tag on his article directory site. 

Now coming specifically to your question, if you are writing about topics that other particpants are writing then there might be competition.  See if we were both to write on social bookmarking site topic then there would be a bit of competition and I think that's where keyword and on page optimization comes into play.  I think if your niche is unique then there would be no competition( Click topics, then hubpages and then getting traffic and social bookmarking sites, i have 6 hubs out of 8 there in hot category).

This answer is solely based on my reasoning and logic.

1. profile image0

You know the way these threads are set up with replys etc, really does my head in!  I know my brain is wired a bit chaotically, but I just cant seem to understand who is answering who - I have had problems with the new thread layout since it changed.

Now, was frogdropping answering me above?  Are you answering in response to my query?  If so, where on 'click topics' do you mean?  Hey, Im not really thick (I have an hons in psychology, Diploma in health and social welfare and a certificate in further education), just have a different way of thinking and organising my head.

17. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I already signified my attention to join in one of your Hub sun, am I in? Hehehe just mustering enough energy for now, but in few days ahead i'll be up to the challenge...

18. Susana S profile image93
        Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I've got a few ideas for promotion but not sure how it would work so I could do with a bit of input. Since the RSS aggregators are easily covered and Mark is doing that, I was thinking about article marketing. Each one of the team could write 2+ articles at the best article sites we know of such as Ezine, infobarrels, squidoo, bukisa etc.

The difficulty I came to was what link to use - the RSS's? I'm not sure how using the feed url would help using this method of promotion. And what anchor text would be best to use? Since we are writing on a multitude of topics I'm a bit stumped, unless we promoted the challenge as "internet marketing", "article marketing" or some other juicy keyphrase.

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated!

This a good thought Susan S, what if you could link the hub log team members hubs by Sun to promote these hubbers, just my thoughts

1. profile image0

I think the idea is that promotion comes after the 30 day challenge. big_smile

19. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Hey guys,

I see we have a little confusion. I must admit I get the same with these forum threads. If I am reading  this right - we have two questions. Now - I might be giving a different answer than a question about the RSS feed and how to promote it, so here are a few suggestions:

This is the RSS Feed link:

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot

If you have a personal blogs or website - you can add this to your page. I have added it to 4 different blogs on 4 different locations and will also submit it to a number of RSS submission sites. There are lots of these and you can add it to some if you would like. Here are a few places to find them:

http://www.fridaytrafficreport.com/blog … -rss-feed/

http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-submission.htm

I will be doing some of the ones on these lists, but I don't think that will be an issue.

The idea is - I think that all our 60dc hubpages will be interlinked, so we all benefit if anyone adds a link to their page outside the site.

We can start promoting whenever we like. I already started and haven't written anything yet.smile

1. kerryg profile image84
          kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Mark!

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
          GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow a very valuable share Mark no wonder I have great respect for you and admiration... Thanks a lot, I am posting that in our websites.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

And btw how can i add this on the first on our sites not yet very good at that though...

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

Addendum:
              Sorry for the fuss, how can I add this to our websites...

20. englightenedsoul profile image58

@Shaz

Yep I was replying to your query and you're right it is getting confusing now.  Anyways Mark has explained it nicely.   And the topic tab is in on the same line as of forum tab. Infact it is first followed by hubs, answers, hubbers, forums and feed.  I am sorry if i confused you!!

Hi enlightened, I am about to post my second hub for the challenge do I need to start the hub by answering the original question of sunforged? Do I need to start every hub I will make in the challenge with that question?

1. SiddSingh profile image61
            SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No - you dont have to answer the original question by Sunforged anymore.

From now on, just use the correct tags in each of your hubs - that's all!

How come there are hubs newly made under the original challenge question? thank you

21. englightenedsoul profile image58

Only the hublogs should be made using Sunforged's question so that he can monitor the performance of the team and mentor them.  Other hubs should only include the corrects tags 60dc, 60daychallenge and 60 day challenge.  If you are seeing new hubs in the RSS feed of the hublog then it is possible that the person has used 60dc-logs as tag.  So it will show up in RSS.  I hope that helps.

Thank you very much enlightened this one is my guiding phrase from sunforged!

"He said so all hubs should have the basic 60dc tags - the logs only should have the "60dc-logs" tag , and its appreciated if you actually showcase the "60dc-logs" rss in your log.the other rss feeds are only for seo purposes and can be stuck out of site under the comments if you please"

thank you also SiddSingh!

22. englightenedsoul profile image58

You're welcome PDH and no one could have phrased it more simpler than sunforged!!

smile enlightened and night night

23. englightenedsoul profile image58

Thanks PDH and Sweet dreams.  Sleep tight.

24. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Thanks Mr Mark Knowles!

25. sunforged profile image71

Hello! First Intro Hub published - will read all questions here and in comments and private email and add to hub throughout the evening.

If anyone finds anything to be to technical, please explain what aspect is difficult to comprehend and I will do my best to make it a conquerable task.

the technical aspects are meant to make your challenge easier, not harder

I find the use of the feeds difficult for instance I posted the feed that you prescribed as being 'hot' and when i inserted this into the hu it said feed onrecognised.
            I also have difficulty with the technical aspects of posting various feeds & all the different keywords you want us to use and not use on the hub.  I am getting it very very slowlt

dumb I know !

not dumb!

the feed is http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot?rss

if you look on the end there (?rss)- you probably just had grabbed a tag link, easily confused.

Just copy the one above.

i actually have not suggested the use of any specific keywords. I have purposely stayed away from keyword research, I will publish a hub that includes keyword research and hubs by lots of other people, so alot of different viewpoints/methods can be weighed by the reader.

can you pinpoint any specific chunks of text that were confusing?

ok will try this feed  smile

2. oderog profile image47

Hi sunforged, am getting confused about the rss feeds, what's the difference between http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot/?rss - this the feed I have been using and your latest one which is http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot?rss. Are they the same,

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
                  Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi oderdog. I'll be right back, let me see which one I just used.

Okay, the one I just used is the second one.

Just confirm to be sure Faybe Bay on the right rss feed you are using

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
                      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, the ones I tried weren't working, so I found that one. Sunforged has it posted up the page as well.

26. sunforged profile image71

Since we have a new thread, I just wanted a few things showcased.

Big Thank You's to:

LivewithRichard who has placed our rss feed on the FRONT page of his article site -(PR4)

Bestofhubs  who has created a unique section on his site to showcase the 60dc - incidentally, 3 of our participants have first page results on his site for seo, promotion, hub tactics hubs.

Ohma - who has a hubbers hangout site and has showcased our rss feed on her front page.

None of these individuals are actual participants in the challenge!

Some notable early events

Sufidreamers hublog has reached a 100 Hubscore! and is "1" in the "best" feed!

2 of our 60dchallengers have their logs featured first page on the hot hubs feed

Currently 7 of our hubs are in the top 30 of hot hubs!

2 of the 7 "featured" hubs on hubpages.com front page are 60dc logs!

Much of that relates to the caliber of the participants, but wow!

27. sunforged profile image71

@edweirdo - in regards to the current results above I wouldnt imagine now would be the time to remove any association created by those rss feeds.

In the end your log will have 30 links to your hubs, traffic and authority gained by those logs will be passed on to your other articles..right?

1. Edweirdo profile image84
          Edweirdoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, now I get it! Guess I just wasn't thinking far enough ahead.

The whole RSS thing is still kind of mysterious to me.

Learning more about using it is one of the reasons I wanted to participate in this challenge!

Thanks for your comment and information on my analytic problem, I have done as requested about the comment

28. englightenedsoul profile image58

Wow...thats fantastic...I woke up this morning and saw my hub on redgage on the front page of hubpages.  I took a snap too. And The results you mentioned are fantastic and the irony is none of the participants have started with the promotion yet we have been getting so much love from the hubbers,it's wonderful.  And yesterday started a blog at orble 60-day-challenge-make-money-online.  I am sure we can use it at the later stage of promotion.  And sunforged i had one request to make.  I am just about to complete my hub anf It is on buying a computer and this will be the first time I would seriously amazonise it so once I publish just look and tell me if it's okk.

My results have been similar my rtraffic has increased from av 123 to around three hundred in the last three days...

29. sunforged profile image71

@englightened -

We havent started promotion yet! just a reminder ALL of your links have been blasted to 5000 followers via my account, 8 websites (minimum) are featuring our feeds in high profile location. 25+ very productive hub authors have interlinked hubs. oh the promotion has started!

I can check out your latest - I think I was meant to peek at another of yours? Ill have to pop up a forum somewhere so link sharing is uber easy. Can you send me a reminder email? I dont want to forget and I will be in this thread for a while trying to figure out if any unanswered questions hsould be added to the FAQ's in the most recent 60dc hub.

Wow that is amazing and Thats the reason I am seeing a spike in my traffic.  Before I thought it must be due to internal visitors but no external visitors are in healthy ratio as well. Could not thank you enough.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)