jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

All QANTAS Planes have been grounded

1. barryrutherford profile image33
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

Just thought I would let all Hubbers now that all Australian & International Qantas Planes have been grounded  until further notice due to Industrial Action.

2. barryrutherford profile image33

This was effective immediately about one hour ago.  until further notice

3. recommend1 profile image66
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Nothing in the few news channels I see online  - is this censorship do you think ?   I guess it is inevitably news in OZ - but damped down worldwide =- or is it on other national news ?

barryrutherfordposted 5 years agoin reply to this

News has just spread across Australia this is not a strike it is a managment grounding & lockout

4. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

What happened? Oh, never mind. Found this:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airline … /global/en

5. barryrutherford profile image33

Qantas Management wants to outsource its labor to countries overseas where  wages and costs are much cheaper

6. recommend1 profile image66
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

They have learned this from the ability to get their servicing and parts etc overseas during stopovers.  China has developed a huge and high quality servicing industry which is by definition cheaper I would guess.  This is not something that can be stopped, it is even arguably a good thing.

This is an economic consequences to people of corporate control of our governments.   With no currency manipulations by our respective governments there would be little price differential to gather all the work in specific and changing places. And no individuals making huge sums out of us all by pushing and shoving currency prices artificially.

Yes the parts and servicing are cheaper overseas in the short term.  But the loss of jobs to overseas is a step too far. People Aussies in particular have been over the years prepared to pay a premium for Qantas service knowing the excellent safety ans service record that Qantas has...

7. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Honestly I am tired of Corporations outsourcing everything to another Country. Americans suffer, Australians suffer. I am glad that Qantas came to a screeching halt. Good for those who stood up for what they believe! Qantas need to wake up and pay attention, just like the rest of the Corporations should. smile

Cheaper does not mean better! "Save a penny in the Airlines, take a life in the Air". AEvans smile

Well most of Australia is in shock.  This was a Govt owned airline before it was privatised. The grounding was a management decision...

2. recommend1 profile image66
      recommend1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately I don't think this is the case in this instance.  The Chinese service facilities are top class it would appear, maybe because they were started up by the major French main air carrier, and they are connected to all the major aerospace universities here in China, and the military.  In the latest wave of business they are putting everything where it should be, connected to the right places and all done to the highest western standards.

Also it would appear that Qantas are not being brought to a screeching halt, they have brought themselves to a halt to shake off the unions that are trying to do what you are suggesting.

It seems to have been a well-planned organised move by Qantas Management.  In the past week or so thousands of hotel rooms were booked in anticipation people would be stranded worldwide...

8. barryrutherford profile image33

Have just posted a hub on the dispute.

9. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You would think that Qantas would be more focused on keeping their good safety record rather than saving a few bucks. Qantas is one of the best on that basis, so far.

indeed

10. barryrutherford profile image33

Qantas grounding is off services likely to resume at midday (EAST)

working