jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

11-11-11

1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

first day of the rest of your life!  really! enjoy!

2. barryrutherford profile image35
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

Good day to play Cricket

1. SimeyC profile image91
      SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

For the Americans - a definition of cricket wink :

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is the clearest, most concise description of the game!  I'm so glad that none of them stay out, becuz it would be just awful if they never got to come back in!  and they have to wear white, right?

1. SimeyC profile image91
          SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well in the 5 day, 4 day, 1 day and limeted overs yes - but in the T20 game they get to wear cool colors and have cheerleaders!

2. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not against South Africa mate!  big_smile  smile

Wasn't 11 a top score for Aussie? yikes

3. Dale Nelson profile image33
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

The South African boys did ok today, but something tells me the ozzies wanted to wrap it up on day 3 so they could do a bit of site seeing in our country. Not like them to be all out for 47 runs.

It was cool to watch the clock hit 11.11 am also today.

Ps. Congrats on world cup rugby win for the land of the long white cloud Pearl Diver.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Dale... Yeah we were lucky smile

- With both SA and Oz knocked out. I was surprised at both those teams, really expected one of them to do better... but it's a long, long tourny.

- @ re the cricket.. I'm so pleased that Oz now hold the record after loosing by less runs than the kiwis yikes smile

- Go the Diggers for 11-11-11 services. smile

4. Nurfninja profile image60
    Nurfninjaposted 5 years ago

its a little belated but 11/11/11 was 'nigel 'tufnel appreciation day
    All hail Spinal Tap!
    xoxo

working