jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

PETA Asks Turkey, Texas, to Change Its Name...

1. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 5 years ago

PETA Asks Turkey, Texas, to Change Its Name to 'Tofurky' for Thanksgiving and they offered everyone in Turkey a free Vegan feast!
    I drive through turkey every time I go home so I found this to be very interesting.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, but I can only focus on that name.....Tofurky?  That's so dorky it has to be a sin in itself! lol.    Just plain Tofu would sound better.

(And for the record, if I lived in Turkey, I'd tell PETA to shove off.)   Nothing wrong with being a vegan if someone wants to, but nothing wrong with having roast turkey for Thanksgiving either.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually agree with you Brenda.  I'm a quasi-vegetarian but I still fix meat for my family when they want it.  I don't get militant groups... of any kind.  You don't want to eat meat, then don't eat it.

1. profile image0

That's cool.

2. Repairguy47 profile image59
        Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha nice one repairguy smile big_smile

2. profile image65
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why not ask the country of Turkey to change it's name?  Probably because those people would just shoot the PETA people for being so damn stupid. smile

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I wonder what PETA would say about Gnawbone, Indiana? (One word or two - ?  I forget.  I'll have to check the sign more closely next time I drive through. That is, unless I blink.)

1. profile image0

heh heh.  I've driven past that town too.   Probably a bad bad word for PETA, yes! lol

3. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

in a related story, i heard that for prom night, Planned Parenthood asked Bangkok to change it's name to "Justwait, Thailand"

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Asking a town to change it's name from Turkey to Tofurky does seem a bit ridiculous; however, I see it as "Mission Accomplished" since PETA has a reputation for using outrageous displays to attract public and media attention.  And now, here we are talking about it all.

5. Just For Fun profile image85
    Just For Funposted 5 years ago

I would like to insult both names but I live in Beaver County so I shouldn't throw stones.

6. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Oh, where to have fun with this...

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

nowhere that wouldn't get you banned para.  On a similar note, I once knew a guy that lived on beaver lick road just outside of Fanny WV.

working