jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

views

1. msshandriaball profile image67
    msshandriaballposted 5 years ago

How many views will it take to make $5/day ?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

There's no specific answer for that.  Different Hubs get different amounts of traffic, different ads pay differently, and none of the statistics you are working with hold steady over time.

You're just going to have to track your own experiences and see which of your Hubs do the best and work for it from there.

msshandriaballposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks Relache for responding

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

And as a relatively new hubber I would say that varies enormously. I have taken a major nosedive this weekend, however, this has happened before and a couple of days later I've surged. I'm just gonna hang in there and keep trying, I've got a lot to learn.

thanks for responding Hollie

4. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

According to my personal account calculation it would take approximately 250 - 300 views per dollar so that would mean 1500 views for $5.

As Relache said different hubs have different ads and all ads pay differently so this is just my personal calculations based on my account.

Thanks Cardisa

5. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Talking about Amazon/Adsense:

It really depends on whether your hub is one that people just visit to get information, or whether they're people who will click adverts for further information or to buy something.

I have a hub which has several hundred thousand views but is lucky to have got me $50 in its lifetime.

I have other hubs which earn as much as $1 per 100 views on a good day.

Talking about HP ad program:

The ad program pays out on CPM (basically how much you earn per 1,000 views.) So if the CPM is $2.38, you need more than 2,000 views to get $5.

The CPM is calculated by how many visitors click your adverts, quality of traffic and location (US traffic usually pays more than say Indian traffic.)

thanks

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you have it backwards.  CPM is a calculated figure, derived from how much was earned over how many views.

In other words, earnings figures and traffic determine the CPM, not the other way around.  CPM does not determine earnings.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was my point - maybe I worded it wrong. Your CPM is based on visitors, clicks and quality of traffic. That's how I meant it to come across anyway....

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I kind of thought it probably was, I just read it as meaning that income was calculated from the CPM instead of from clicks and traffic numbers.

In the long run, it may not matter at all as the figures are all intertwined with each other anyway.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
            QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

True.

working