jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

help needed regarding promoting

1. sriharsha11 profile image54
    sriharsha11posted 8 years ago

OK, What should I do after writing the hub? How can I get traffic for the hub? Will the hub get traffic automatically or do I need to promote it?
    How can I get it listed on social bookmarking sites?

2. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

Before writing a hub, do a bit of research about keywords, and make sure the main keyword is in the hub title & URL.
    When the hub is published, drop short descriptions of it to mixx, zimbio and searchles.
    Write an article and submit it to eazinearticles and goarticles, for a start.
    Find relevant blogs and post meaningful comments.
    Participate in Yahoo! answers, but don't overuse because they can ban you.
    Of course you should always link back to your hub, preferably with a slightly different anchor.
    I do it this way. Of course every experienced hubber has some favourite promotion techniques. It's easy to find a LOT of them if you use the forum search.
    Just be prepared to wait for some months before traffic starts climbing up.

sriharsha11posted 8 years ago in reply to this

thank you.

I couldn't understand about ' Write an article and submit it to eazinearticles and goarticles'. What should I submit? Should I submit the hub?(if yes, will it not count as duplicate)
      I am a bit alien to all these things (never mind my stupidity)

3. Inspirepub profile image83
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

WRITE AN ARTICLE.

(using the keywords you chose for your Hub)

SUBMIT IT TO ARTICLE DIRECTORIES

(they will allow you to include a link to your Hub in the Author bio box).

Your article should make people excited to read more on the topic - which they do by visiting your Hub.

Jenny

sriharsha11posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot Inspirehub. That really helps.
      What about social bookmarking sites? Do they really help ? are they worth at least the time spent on them?

4. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

Thank you Inspirepub for clearing things up. I miss on details hmm
    I made a typoo - there should have been ezinearticles, not eAzinearticles. But I believe Google is smart enough to recognize it correctly and list the needed directory anyway.

working