jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

I have 78 views of hub just pub and still not under hot

1. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

I'm new here and wondering how many views it takes to get my hub listed under hot on the first page? My latest hub has more views than any of my previous ones and yet it is not under hot, at least on the main page. When I click for more I can find it there. Anyone know how this works? Thanks

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One of my hubs gets over 500 views a day. I don't even know if it shows up under hot because I never look.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay thanks for the info

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Kelley,

You're up against 200,000 writers for the top 10 hottest hubs. I have two spots on the top 10. wink

It's not easy to get there. smile

1. profile image0

I guess I just misunderstood. Most of the ones I've published under family and parenting were listed under latest and then hot for a few days and some over a week. There must just be much more competition in this category. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your achievement!

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Someone just pointed out in one of my Facebook groups that I've both #1 and #2 spots. That's just too cool! smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
          MelissaBarrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL Congrats Cagsil.  Let me know if you need a ride to the E.R. when you dislocate your shoulder from patting yourself on the back smile

Hey Melissa- tongue

2. profile image0

Funny I just checked and mine is now on the hot list. Can I ask you whether I will get penalized if I add my RSS on one of my hubs that directs to my blog? Is this something I should not do? Just wondering...

As long as the RSS link is relevant to your content and you only have ONE link in the RSS feed directing towards. You also cannot have any other links in that hub directed at that blog. The single RSS Feed link is considered 2 links!

1. profile image0

Thanks!

3. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure there's an algorithm for the hottest hubs that isn't as straightforward as one would think.  Sometimes I've got hubs in the first few pages of hottest that are surprising to me (since I have other new(ish) hubs that are getting way more views and AREN'T appearing there).  No doubt, it's a mix of hub age, hits from OUTSIDE of Hubpages, number of comments and a number of other factors.  This I DO know, their appearance  on the front page(s) isn't solely a result of sheer number of views.

1. profile image0

Okay now I'm starting to understand. Thanks so much!!

working