jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Banned Member Still Able to Follow and Leave Spammy Fan Mail...?

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

I usually check out the profiles of the hubbers who follow me.  Last night, when I checked one of these profiles the user had been banned.  I thought it was strange this individual still had "following capabilities", but didn't think much of it.  Then, this morning I noticed I'd received fan mail from this person... But, it was not your typical fan mail- it was basically some random, spammy comment.  Of course I denied it.  But, I'm thinking it's odd and undesirable a banned member should still have the capacity to follow and leave mail at all... particularly when it's abused.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

That's odd.

wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought.  hmm

3. Just Ask Susan profile image87
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Hopefully it's a glitch that will be fixed soon. I don't see how there could be any other explanation.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I've noticed over the last week or so that hubmail is hours behind schedule - like I am receiving email for comments posted on hubs up to 12 hours previously. It could be that is what has happened in this case. The member has sent the message before they were banned and the time delay makes it look as if it was posted after their banning.

Yeah, I thought about that, in fact.  Could just be a lapse, I hope so because I definitely don't think a banned member should have any "privileges" of the sort.

1. Cardisa profile image92
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Izzy, I receive my mail hours later so maybe that's what happened.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa you receive you email hours later so lucky lol mines days later!!

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ayup.  It's very annoying too, because I've usually read the post by then anyway..

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here sad sad

5. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I'm Always Banned... sad

But I will not give up my WS following! tongue

I do wonder why I am banned sometimes.. especially when I am only giving some random Spammer a hard time for this very reason!

HP do tend to be Slow or somewhat Blind to some Spammers.. until they have sprayed the walls.. while a few of us manage to nail them Before they spray the wall.. and seem then to get banned as if some personal attack has occurred! sad

But also remember... that Some (human) Spammers Do Fight Back in an attempt to discredit you if you nail them! 

I Hate Spammers! 

Gooo the Saints!  big_smile

1. RedElf profile image86
      RedElfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

2. wordscribe43 profile image92

tongue  lol lol

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Sorry, Saints supporters.
    Maybe if you spent more time cheering on your team and less time talking about spammers on the HP forums they would have blocked that final, fatal Niners TD.
    ... or not.
    lol tongue

working