Different places to post Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 12 years ago

I'm looking for new places besides Facebook, Twitter, Digg and Reddit to post hubs that will generate views. Any ideas?

1. labnol profile image59
      labnolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

tried stumble upon ? its a great tool..

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. StumbleUpon is a great site to use. smile

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks labnol and the practical Mommy. Do you submit every hub? If so how often? Do you ever submit it again in a few weeks? Just wondering what you do to increase viewership after a hub starts to fall??

1. labnol profile image59
          labnolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its totality up to u..Kelly..
          I don't use it much but  if you have good content then you surely gets good visits every day...

Very popular articles get even thousand views every day.... :-)

2. profile image0
          paxwillposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stumble Upon is great for getting lots of views, but you won't get many clicks.  If you submit your hubs, make sure you stumble articles and photos from other sites besides Hubpages.  Only stumbling articles from one or two sites may get your account banned for spam. They don't want people to abuse it as a promotional tool.

3. profile image0
      SarahBodoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Try google +1. I use it every time I post a new hub and it works for me.

1. profile image0

SarahBodo Thanks for your suggestion. Do you set it up with all your friends or do you just click post to all? Also how many views should I expect to get per day? Just new here and wondered? I know it depends on the material but if it's something average how many would you expect to receive?

4. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use Google+, twitter, social monkee, FB, stumbleupon and Digg. I also read  blogs and leave comments with my HP URL.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a lot of effort, Cardisa, and like GreekGeek says, the links aren't worth much in Google's eyes these days.

1. Cardisa profile image88

I don't do it for the link, I do it to get them to reciprocate and come read my stuff...lol I don't do it religiously either because I have been getting good Google traffic naturally anyway.

As you're finding, real traffic from friends and acquaintances is a drop in the bucket compared to the traffic you get from Google. 

I have feeds set up through Twaitter to auto-tweet my Hubs, and one of my blogs is set up as a RSS feed on my Facebook profile, but I don't bother with other social bookmarking stuff these days.

1. Cardisa profile image88

I really love my friends and appreciate their support but after they read once then that's it but there are millions searching on the net each day, I need some of that...lol

I have no idea how to auto-retweet. Melbel suggested I use twitter the way I am supposed to by tweeting other stuff, not just sharing my link but I am no good with Social networks.

You can set up your Hub feed on Twaitter, so every time you post a new Hub, it issues a Tweet.

http://shifters.wordpress.com/2010/05/2 … r-twaiter/

1. livewithrichard profile image73
                  livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know, an auto posted feed will just tweet the title and link to your hub.  If you want to engage your followers, you need to pose them a question or ask a favor and unless this is in the title of your hub, you stand little chance of getting someone to click through.

Yes I know.  I have zero interest in Twitter but was told I had to at least set up the feed - so I did.  I have no idea whether that does any good!

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I personally rarely or never post any of my online content to social bookmarking or media sites, for three reasons:

1. The traffic is often a 'one hit wonder' which means that you might get a few thousand hits one day and they'll be gone the next.

2. The backlinks are usually nofollow.

3. Most of the traffic is low quality - don't expect (m)any sales or ad clicks.

Plus, if you post to Facebook, friends might try and "help" you by clicking multiple adverts and get you banned from Adsense.

1. profile image0

Thanks WryLit. So do you just post it and then let the cards fall where they may? Or how do you get traffic to your hubs?

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use good keywords. Traffic comes on its own.

2. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aside from Facebook, I will post links to my content only to the social networks that I am involved with; meaning sites that I have taken the time to build a 'network' of followers.  If you post a link to Stumbleupon and have nobody following you then there is nearly no chance anyone is actually going to find your link.  For those networks to 'work' you need to cultivate them as you do here and on Facebook by checking out your friends links and participating with them.

Backlinks will come because your network will share the links as well, providing the link is useful, and the backlinks will grow over time which will then provide you with position in the SERPs and bring you 'quality' traffic.

I stopped auto posting my hubs to Facebook about a year and a half ago because I didn't want my friends doing exactly what Wrylit suggests they might do.  No need to take a chance like that, besides getting traffic from friends and family is not quality traffic.

3. sportgames profile image61
    sportgamesposted 12 years ago

You can create comments on blogs and leave there your link.

1. profile image0

I'll try this. Thanks!

4. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

If you have a blog you can add a HubPages widget to that, if you set it to latest it will show about three of your latest hubs. However, it is not possible to set it so that it only displays from one category or 'niche' so sometimes the hubs displayed are not related to the subject your blog is about.

I sometimes use RedGage for a link to a hub and you can add your profile URL to your profile there. The site can be a little glitchy but it is a friendly place and you can get a cash bonus to your earnings if something you post is featured or if you enter the daily competition and win.

1. profile image0

Thanks 2useday!

5. karthikkash profile image82
    karthikkashposted 12 years ago

I am thinking of posting my blogs on tumblr as well. Any views on that?

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 12 years ago

Do you use Yahoo! Answers?  You can post links in your answers, so long as you don't do it for every question.

1. profile image0

Thanks! I'll try this.

7. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 12 years ago

WryLilt's comments on the futility of social bookmarking reflect my own views as well, especially the part about "temporary burst of traffic, but no value as backlinks."

In general, I think on-page optimization (keyword optimization, images, etc) and linking between related, relevant pages are the way to go. (Forget linking between your unrelated articles. Why on earth would a link on a page about baboons help a page on squids? But it might help a page on other primates.) You want long-term traffic, not a quick burst of traffic, and long-term traffic comes from having your page rank well on search engines for particular search terms.

However, there's one caveat. Social media has begun to impact and shape search engine results in a subtle but important way.

In the past year, search engines have begun taking social factors into account -- very selectively. They don't count just anyone's social bookmarks. They only count social shares by respected authorities who have earned search engines' trust ("if Danny Sullivan says it's a good article on SEO, then it almost certainly is relevant to the search term "SEO".)

What that means is that you have to build up a solid reputation by sharing only good, relevant stuff and by contributing original remarks and commentary that are genuinely valued. If you have a lot of followers, if people tend to share your Tweets or bookmarks or other social interactions, if the authority members on social networks like Danny Sullivan and Stephen Fry and Neil Gaiman are following you and/or sharing your links, then those social links can have huge value as a backlink.

Unfortunately, this also means it's a good idea to join Google Plus and establish a professional presence there, although I have so far resisted doing so because I'm opposed to Google's real names policy and the idea that our content's search ranking may be influenced by our membership on Google. That's an insidious model I hate. But it is becoming a model one can choose to exploit ... or not.

The key is that if you indiscriminately share all your content, regardless of the quality, search engines will not consider your social media memberships as that of an "authoritative source," and those shares will therefore have no search engine or longterm value for traffic. If you instead build a reputation by sharing and posting outstanding things, you may begin to get a benefit. It's reputation management, to put it bluntly, and if you want any benefit from social shares, you had better start establishing yourself as a writer with something substantial to say.

It's not easy, either. Most of us can't have the clout of a Neil Gaiman or Seth Godin. But there's no harm in raising your standards on what you share and doing what you can to post meaningful things. Unfortunately, as I well know, the temptation to share whatever you've just finished writing -- even if it's only a rather humble article -- is often too great to resist!

1. profile image0

Thanks for the info. I think I need to really re-think how I have shared so far. I need to be more discriminate. Thanks!

8. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Twitter / Facebook / Stumbleupon / 360

Redgage / Xomba / Digg / shetoldme / Buzz

Delicious / Yahoo Answers (if they relate to Question)

Include them in Answers to Questions on Hubpages too, but ensure they relate.

G/Luck.

1. profile image0

Thanks Lady E!

9. vmarticles profile image57
    vmarticlesposted 12 years ago

You can post on :Blinklist,Diigo,Jumptags,Mister Wong .All of them are dofollow

10. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 12 years ago

All helpful suggestions and viewpoints. I have tried Stumble and had limited success, but I'm a newbie and just testing the waters when I have time.  Between my freelance writing gigs and doing hubs I haven't had much time for anything else.  Thanks for the input and advice.

11. rLcasaLme profile image70
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

Okay, here's one question.

Is it possible to sync all of this bookmarking sites that whenever I stumble one website I liked, it will all at the same time be posted in all of my bookmarking sites?

Is this possible? Is there such a feature or program or software?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are numerous ways to do this, all different programs/sites. Some you just insert your link each time and it is distributed, in other ones you can simply give them your RSS feed and they update automatically.

Facebook and Twitter will allow you to connect and your status/tweet will automatically be sent to the other.

Do a search for programs or sites, there are lots out there. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)