jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why is there another hubber on my Adsense account?

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I am now checking my Adsense, trying to link another HP account to Analytic. I clicked on my sites and lo and behold there is another HP account, outside of my two accounts. I have seen this hubber before, I recognize the username. Does anyone understand this? I don't want to make a big deal until I fully understand what is going on.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

URL tracker, that is the only possibility I can think of. They would be running your AdSense code on their site if they carried your URL tracker.

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

WE, I don't understand how the URL tracker works. Please explain smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Every Hubber has one, and you can create additional ones if you want.

If you link to a hub or other pages on the site by using the links provided by hubPages (see for example "Link to this page" at the bottom of this screen), your default tracker is automatically inserted into the link, unless you specify a different tracker. Also, people create sign-up links with their tracker inserted.

When someone clicks on a link with your URL tracker, the system records that the link came from you, and you may get credit for referring this traffic.

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/trackers

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, now I understand. Thanks WE, I was worried there for a minute.

Please enjoy your evening or whatever time of day or night it is where you are. smile

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing, Cardisa. Take care!

working