jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Hey where's my mula?

1. Browneesorchids profile image72
    Browneesorchidsposted 5 years ago

I have been looking for any amount of money that came from two purchases through my amazon store a few weeks before christmas. What happened?

When you use your amazon astore link for other to purchase from would that too count as a purchase through my link and I will get the clicks and reward for this.

1. Greekgeek profile image96
      Greekgeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure Amazon earnings are paid after a two-month lag to allow for returns. I received a payment from Amazon Associates on 1/31 which was for my November earnings.

So if the items were purchased in December, I guess you won't see the payment until Feb 29. (It's a leap year this year, right?)

Oh. Uh. When you check your Amazon Associates account, choose the "Full Report" next to "orders summary" and then pick the Q4 2011 listing. That should verify that Amazon has a record of those orders on file.

I hope.

Browneesorchidsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you greeek, that made me aware of something I never knew. I did this but it does not reflect anything. Zero for everything in the categories (shipped items, revenue, advertising fees).

1. Greekgeek profile image96
          Greekgeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, dear! In that case, the next thing I'd check is to double-check that your Amazon Associates account id (it ends in -20) is the same on you Amazon Associates page and on your Hubpages settings.

But it may be what Wrylit said: on Hubpages, 40% of the sales get credited to Hubpages instead. Luck of the draw means you may not have gotten credited with those sales.

I have to admit this is why I don't bother much with Amazon ads on Hubs: for topics where I'm likely to sell stuff, I write on a site that lets us embed our own Amazon Associates links and keep all the commissions.  For topics which tend to get few sales, but get readers and impressions, I use Hubpages, because it pays better for those than other sites do.

Hmm what other sites do you embed on. I'm not familiar with what that i s exactly, is that having a link to your astore for the public to see? I try using facebook as a way to draw traffic.

Thanks Greek

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image74
    Nouveau Skepticposted 5 years ago

The answer would be in your Amazon account.  It is possible the items were returned or had 0 royalty.

They were not returned but paid for, shipped, and arrived to the purchaser. No royalty, huh. I've been checking my amazon for awhile and just shows the clicks and nothing more. I know for sure that two items were purchased through my amazon capsule.

1. michiganman567 profile image86
        michiganman567posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I had the same thing happen to me at the end of January.  Hopefully they had some glitches or something and they will fix it.  I know for a fact that someone ordered 2 items, they were shipped and received, but I didn't get credit. I did receive credit for a different order in February, so my account is working properly.

1. 2uesday profile image83
          2uesdayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes the sales happen in HubPages share of the time so you would not earn from them, then.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This.

40% of the time, Hubpages shows their own affiliate code. The purchases may have been made during that time.

1. michiganman567 profile image86
              michiganman567posted 5 years agoin reply to this

actually mine was a link that a friend of mine clicked off of facebook.  So hubpages was not involved.   It is nice to know about this 40% though.  I thought that amazon was 100% for the writers.

1. WryLilt profile image86
                WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All affiliates on Hubpages are split 60/40.

The only exception to that is if you place a direct text hyperlink.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need to see what your account says.  If it credited you the money, you will be paid when you reach threshold.  If it didn't--they didn't use your link or it was a zero royalty sale (e.g. ebook).

4. Browneesorchids profile image72
    Browneesorchidsposted 5 years ago

That is interesting, I'm finding out so many ways that you can gain money from these programs but so many stipulations that come with it. Don't get me wrong I joined hubpages because I love to write, raise awareness, and inform, but I have been working hard on getting people to directed to my astore and my hubs.Thank you for your input.

working