jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

video question

1. Max Dalton profile image90
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Hello:

I was going to start working on some videos to complement my hubs and then putting them on YouTube and linking to them within the appropriate hubs. The first question is: Does including relevant videos in your hubs have that great of an impact on page views or SERP? I suspect it does, but just thought I'd get input from people who've done it. Also, I'd have to put those videos on YouTube now. When HP rolls out its video platform I plan on pulling the videos down from YouTube and putting them on that. Do you think I'll get dinged for using duplicate content for one reason or another even thought I'll have pulled it down from YouTube similar to the way cached pages stay up for a while, even after you remove them from a site? I've been waiting for the HP video program, but if it's not gonna hurt me to put them on YouTube now, I'll go ahead and do that.

Best,

Max.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Videos can be very helpful, if relevant to the content, as they may keep visitors on the page longer. I do not see how that can hurt. There is no duplicate content issue, since that pertains to text; not to images, nor to videos that are meant to be shared widely through embedding. Provided you own the content as the creator, you should be able to keep the same videos on both sites, but you should check out  the Terms of Use to make sure.

3. Max Dalton profile image90
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Website Examiner. I'll probably just put the videos together and wait. I suspect HP probably has a few more months of working out the bugs, and I'm fine with waiting through that just to be on the safe side. Because they would be about specific products, such as the iPhone, I don't think I can monetize them through YouTube, so any clicks on the YouTube video wouldn't make me a nickel, whereas if the video only lives in the hub, people will have to visit the hub to view the video, which does generate a nickel for me.

One nickel at a time, lol.

Thanks,

Max.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Sure, Max Dalton. I think this Hubber has some of the HubPages videos posted.

http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com

5. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 5 years ago

You could apply to get into the hubpages video beta testing program... Many hubbers already have hubpage video hubs. The downside - athough I applied and got in... my links are yet to be activated.. hmm

1. Dale Hyde profile image83
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

sofs, you too? I was approved then got several emails telling me it was on hold while they worked on it more and soon my links would be activated...not yet however.  It has been like maybe two or three weeks now.

To the question here, well one of the questions here, videos will enhance your hub and increase your views.  I have seen that here and I have witnessed it on other places I post at.   Sometimes my videos will show in Google searches with the link going to my article/hub.

1. sofs profile image83
        sofsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes Dale... I guess I have been waiting for the links to work for almost the same time. Well, no emails to tell me that it is on hold or anything to that effect... Need to wait longer I guess...

1. Dale Hyde profile image83
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess the reason I got emails, was that I replied to the first email that the links did not work.  Guess we will await and enjoy once we are in and activated, sofs. smile

1. sofs profile image83

Hope.. is the best thing..anytime:) Have a great day!

2. sofs profile image83

Dale, I have video's enabled on my account... just saw a mail from HP. smile Wanted to let you know. smile

working