jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

CPMs down?

1. psycheskinner profile image86
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

How are peoples CPMs?  Mine used to be 7ish, then last month 6, this month 5, this week under 5!  A bit of a worrying trend.

2. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 5 years ago

There is so much discussion on this subject.. but staff why don't you explain this to us.

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Staff are, in my opinion, trying to stick to the promises they offered the advertisers.

Remember that when HP joined all those ad sites (or however HPads came about), Hubpages was in a much stronger position in the serps than they are now. Google Panda happened after all the papers were signed.

There has probably been a lot of fretting behind the scenes!

And I think it is still happening, so let's just concentrate on writing some decent new content, and not worry too much about the things we can't control.

3. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

In my experience, across all accounts, cpm goes down when traffic rises, generally.
    Not always, but usually.
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn earlier that my second account that saw a massive increase in traffic overnight, also saw a rise in cpm.
    But I know from experience, that is not the norm.

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, some good news at last ... and I hope it stays that way for you Izzy. What I am not able to understand is-  why does cpm have to go down as traffic rises.. what is your understanding on this?

1. IzzyM profile image90
        IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, we kinda cross-posted, I hope my last post puts things in perspective.

Yes my second account is seeing its second day of reasonable traffic, not fantastic traffic, not enough to write home about, but traffic up 4-fold is worth noting.

But there are only 60 hubs there, this is the account I want to see the results on!

But hey thanks smile

1. wilderness profile image99
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's really good news to hear.  I know you (and many others of us) would like to see your main account rise to it's past glory, but that is good news anyway.

4. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

MY HPads CPM was down nearly 50% last week, for a week.  It has bounced back up to normal, given that it does bounce a dollar or two daily.

5. shibashake profile image88
    shibashakeposted 5 years ago

CPM has been pretty crappy for the past week. Been thinking about turning off HPads temporarily to see if things are better on AdSense.

1. Will Apse profile image94
      Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Adsense CPMs on my own sites have followed the same trend as HP ads- sharply down since Xmas.

I suppose there is no harm in trying a change, though.

6. psycheskinner profile image86
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

My traffic is steady and my CPM is down by almost 50% since the beginning of the year.

working