jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

closing a question

1. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

how do I close a question to new answers?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Pose the question as statements. Instead of what is God? God is love. God is truth. God is mercy and everything you can think of. Pick one. Mercy is God.
    Mercy is forgiveness. Mercy is say uncle. Mercy is mercy me until you arrive at a tentative definition for mercy.  Pick another. Long process but worth the effort if you are really interested in what things mean.

moonfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your reply but I think I may have asked the question wrong. what I meant is I've posted a question and don't want any more responses to it. I've heard that there is a way I can close this question so that no one else will answer it. do you know how I can do it?

1. Bendo13 profile image80
        Bendo13posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can always just "unfollow" it so that you don't get emailed the responses anymore.

thank you, I'll do that!!!

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Moonfairy, it was possible to close your questions earlier, now it seems that HP has made that option unavailable to us. Question are hidden only when there are more negative votes. You could probably ask the mods to close a question..but I am not sure about that..haven't tried it.

thanks for your response sofs....I guess I'll just unfollow my question=)

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Sofs' response is not accurate. Questions are never hidden, and it is not possible to vote a question down. Questions can be flagged, and possibly closed or removed by moderators. Answers, in contrast, can be voted down (and may be hidden as a result), but cannot be flagged.

ok. thanks.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome.

working