jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Recommended Horror Books?

1. romper20 profile image87
    romper20posted 5 years ago

I am interested in a real thriller. What are some scary books to knock my socks off?

1. ar.colton profile image85
      ar.coltonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bram Stoker's Dracula is the only book that has ever given me nightmares. I really wasn't expecting it but it's scary as sh**.

2. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Michael Crichton's Prey will make you realize how close we are to destroying life on this planet with self-replicating artificial intelligence. Very cool book, fast paced. I usually read in bed to help me fall asleep. This book is a page turner. Everytime I say, "Ok, just one more chapter," I look at the clock and another hour has gone buy. I have to force myself to put it down.

1. ar.colton profile image85
        ar.coltonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That book was definitely entertaining but compared to Crichton's other books I though it was kind of *meh*, IMHO.

2. Max Dalton profile image80
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

Haunted by Chuck Pahlniuk. It's scary because these are all things you can actually envision happening.

Max.

3. TamCor profile image79
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

Just about anything by Dean Koontz will do the job... big_smile

4. CMHypno profile image91
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I'm reading 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin at the moment - anyone who is a fan of Stephen King's 'The Stand' will enjoy it.  It's a bit like The Stand with vampires.

5. romper20 profile image87
    romper20posted 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who responded i have a lot to read... I A GOING TO BE SCARED AS SH&7!!! Keep suggestions up

working