jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

ebay program

1. edelhaus profile image77
    edelhausposted 5 years ago

I've just been accepted into the ebay affiliate program but am not sure how to configure add with ebay so that I can partake... does anybody know?  Thanks in advance for your help.

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are hub capsules specifically made for Amazon and Ebay. Once inserted into a hub, click on edit and follow the prompts to show items you want to display.

2. sarovai profile image75
      sarovaiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The OP has already been accepted to the eBay program, so that link is irrelevant.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can't use your own eBay affiliate account on HubPages. 

You can only earn from eBay capsules through HP (the Earnings Program). The link to the instructions has already been posted.

I assumed the OP meant that she'd been accepted in the Hubpages eBay affiliate program. Especially as eBay affiliates are very hard to get into with your own website, and I don't see any eBay adverts on hers. smile

I think she is simply asking what she does now  to actually earn. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image98

I just did some checking and I must say, I didn't realize eBay had become SO picky - apparently about 90% of applications get rejected these days.  So I see what you mean.

Yep. I've applied using different websites. And I know a few SEO experts who have given up. They make it so difficult that it's easier just using a different affiliate than jump through their 50 hoops!

1. Marisa Wright profile image98

Did you apply with only one website?  I've read that you need to really market yourself to them - mention all your websites in your blurb, talk about your earnings strategy and why you feel you can make money in the eBay categories you're targeting, and give some stats on your success as an affiliate with other networks. 

Or of course, you could just use Skimlinks or Viglinks instead. Have you looked at phpBay software?  It's set up so it can be used with an eBay aff account (as I do) or with Skimlinks.

Sounds like I was really lucky to join 4 years ago when it was easy.

Yeah I used two or three sites. It was awhile back. It doesn't really worry me though, I've got other affiliates I use now instead. smile

2. sarovai profile image75
    sarovaiposted 5 years ago

I am sorry. I thought about the activation. Thank u for correcting me.

3. edelhaus profile image77
    edelhausposted 5 years ago

Thanks to both of you - I'll search for some of those hubs

1. edelhaus profile image77
      edelhausposted 5 years agoin reply to this

when I try and use my ebay username I come up with zero results for any given key word, even something as general as "chair."  So, I'm wonder how I will get credit if my username isn't used. For amazon, hp and googleadwords, I have to sign up with my username, how does ebay work without one?

1. skear profile image96
        skearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ebay is part of the HP earnings program.  The username field is only used to show results from a particular seller, not to grant credit for your sales. 

Now that you've been accepted into the program you just need to ad some capsules and start earning for clicks.

2. WryLilt profile image85

You don't need to type in your username - type in the item such as "umbrella". No matter what the item is, you get credit if someone clicks through to eBay via that item.

working