jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Why is my hub score only 45

1. krishnaverma profile image51
    krishnavermaposted 5 years ago

I had recently posted a total of 11 original hubs. Even then my hubscore is 45 only. I checked profile of some other people and found one hubber with two posts having a score of 85. Why is it so ?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image83
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm keen to see a reply on this one too - and more importantly to understand what the score means..if much at all.
      I notice it adjusts with your involvement in answers, forums, questions etc so maybe try to get involved in discussions where you can help out others  just a thought smile

krishnavermaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does it means that if I do not participate in this forum or comment on other hubs I will lack behind with the hubscore ?

1. the girls profile image82
          the girlsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it affects your hubber score if you don't participate in forums or doesn't comment  on other hubs. You can read the tutorial on hubber's score to understand more about it. On top of your hubpage, the drop down menu from krishnaverma, there's the tutorial link at the bottom.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Incorrect.

I have had accounts with ten hubs which have NEVER posted a comment on the site or in forums and yet have had a score of at least 80. I left Hubpages on this account for six months and my account never fell below 90.

It's a matter of time - and score doesn't have anything to do with payment or earnings here. It's really just to stop spammers.

1. the girls profile image82
              the girlsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying, it helped me too. Have been trying to figure out these scores for the past weeks. Though I don't dwell too much on it at this time.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It does have an impact, but it's not very big. For example, I rarely write, read or comment on Hubs, ask or answer questions, or update my status - the only thing I do regularly is post on the forums.  And look at my score!

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

workathomemums, your subdomain is new, and will rise within days.

Krish, I have no idea why your score is so low. Maybe you should write more hubs and participate in the site more?

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

krishnaverma, all eleven of your Hubs have been published in the last 36 hours.

Your score is the same as anyone else who has only just started to add content, as it's clear you have had zero activity on the site until within the last two days.

Yes, your activity in the site contributes to your score.  A person with two Hubs that are older and who has been participating in the site will most likely have a higher score than you.

How much time it will take me with these hubs to get to score of 80-85 if I start posting now.

1. sofs profile image84
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have been here  for a year ..wait for a few more days... Writing hubs in close successions tends to bring the scores down.. As people read and comment on your hubs the scores will go up and so will your author score.. and I see that you have received great advise already.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Another tip is to avoid following loads of hubbers all at once, (not saying you have done this but it is a mistake which seriously impacts on your score).

I have not followed a single hubber here. I am still waiting for an answer that  explains my specific hubscore.

1. Shinkicker profile image91
        Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your Hubs are very short with no picture content. That would affect your score

5. johndwilliams profile image84
    johndwilliamsposted 5 years ago

I am looking to understand the scoring process a little better myself - are there any Hub Guides on this please?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Simple.

Write quality hubs and you will get  a score over 75 within a few weeks. With a score over 75 all your outgoing links are "dofollow" which means you can promote your own websites with quality links... the scores are there to stop spammers getting quality links to spam sites.

Any higher scores are just for gloating value.

working