jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

I'm Confused With HP Sub domain in Google Analytics

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Did something change in analytics that I missed? When I check my accounts, it's only showing the old HP URL.  Why is it not showing my sub domain as it always did before?

2. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

How strange... mine is the same way, I just checked.  No explanation I can think of.

rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can anyone explain why it doesn't show our sub domain URL? 

It wasn't recently this way, correct?

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't explain it and no it wasn't always this way.  I'm not too concerned about it, however.  The data is still displaying, so I'm assuming it's pretty inconsequential.

3. ktrapp profile image90
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

I just checked my Google Analytics and mine IS showing my URL with the subdomain.

4. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Mine is still showing it with my subdomain, too. They've rolled out a new UI, but it hasn't changed my account listing which shows my subdomain.

5. rebekahELLE profile image88

So, do I need to change it or keep it as it is?  It still shows the same info, but I find it strange that it's the old URL.

On Webmaster Tools, it shows my sub domain URL.
    I'll be back later to check.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see no reason to change it if your traffic data is still flowing through. Maybe they're just testing the UI if some people are seeing a change and others aren't.

rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying Jason. I'm not going to change it, it just puzzled me and I wondered if others noticed a change. My sub domain PR is still the same. 
        Google seems to be very busy! Who knows what they're doing.

starme, I don't think it makes any difference.

6. starme77 profile image88
    starme77posted 5 years ago

mine shows both hubpages.com as well as my sub domain ? anyone understand that one?

7. rebekahELLE profile image88

I'm bringing this back up again because I'm wondering if it has affected my subdomain with my old URL listed. Is that what they're tracking? I'm confused by everything that's happening. Two weeks ago I still had a PR4 when I posted this thread, it has now dropped to 3. I was discouraged to see this.  Is it all tied together? I'm now thinking traffic loss may have something to do with sub domain URL's or having so many links from HP.  Can anyone enlighten me? hmm

working