I like the minimalist look of the new hub design but I am curious what the new ad layout is?
There are a lot less ads on the page and I'm curious...
Which ads are mine and which ads are HubPages?
I'm in the HubPages Ad program as well as AdSense, so I'm curious to see which ad is now the AdSense ad that is considered "mine" so I can still get 60% from that.
If you read the FAQ entry which talks about ads, you'll see that 60% of the time, the ads are all "yours" and the other 40% of the time, they are coded to HubPages. Assigned times are randomized.
Yes, but at the time I was asking which ad on the new layout is going to be the AdSense ad, when you use both HP Ads and AdSense...
In the past is was on the right side near the bottom, but now that ad is gone (on the new layout)... but I have found that, at the moment, none of the ads are AdSense ads, as they test the new layout.
So, my question can't be answered until they finish their testing.
I thought images were provided on one of the HP announcements. Not sure which one but probably says something about layout I would check there.
I looked through all the threads and saw no mention about which ad was which. But I did read and find out that, as of right now, they are only testing the HubPages Ad Program... so there are NO AdSense ad units on hubs that are testing out the new design.
maybe we can't see them whilst logged in. did you try logging out to see if there's any? I have a hard time keeping up with HP and 'G' updates :p
No... someone who works at HubPages said that while they are testing the new layout there will be no AdSense units used; it will only be HP Ads units.
They said it was easier to test this way, but I think it's missing the bigger picture and there needs to be three tests run.
1. HP Ads only
2. HP Ads + AdSense
3. AdSense only
That way they would know, with the new layout, which ad option earns the most. We can't go by old data from the old layout and expect the results to be the same.
by Marina 3 years ago
by Simone Haruko Smith 8 years ago
Hello everyone!Another update on HubPages ad layout changes - Jason just published a blog post (http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/03/ad-layout-changes/) detailing the changes, but the gist is illustrated in the images below:The change for those who just have AdSense:The change for those who are a part...
by dumindu89 7 years ago
What program give you more revenue in hubpages?Google Adsense or Hubpages Ad program?
by Claudia Mitchell 6 years ago
I must have missed an announcement, but I have noticed a section down the right side of my hubs (as well as other hubs) and along the bottom called "related ads". I haven't clicked on them as that is a no-no, but am curious what they bring up. There also seem to be a lot more...
by glassvisage 6 years ago
Hello! I've seen past discussions on this, but they are from more than a year ago, so I thought I'd see what people think about it now.I've noticed that I make hardly anything on Google AdSense and haven't gotten a payout for several months. I do pretty well on HPAD and am wondering if I will do...
by Keith Ham 6 years ago
I've never generated a cent from these two programs and they've also never really worked properly. Constantly my adsense claims its active then I'm not approved, then it just mucks up everything. I'm not making any money on hubs as it is but this isn't helping anything.
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|